How can I find a lobby under 60 Ping?

NetZilla

I've tried changing my home location, banning high ping servers, changing the ping assist variables, changed traffic prioritization to just Games Console, and dropped Congestion Control to 70% to try to minimize buffer bloat and I still only get into lobbies that are 80+ ping but usually closer to 100+. Is there a big difference in gameplay? Yes, insanely different. When I play in 80-100+ ping lobbies it feels like a different game. The TTK is so fast that I don't even see them before I'm dead. When I get into a 40 ping lobby for instance, it feels buttery smooth, my hit detection feels crisp, and my movement is on point. I get into a higher ping lobby and that all goes away. So much so that I'd rather only be put in lobbies that are 60 ping or less even if it takes an hour to find a game. The difference is that noticeable. Anyways, if there's any advice or suggestions you can give me to only get in low ping lobbies, please let me know. You guys are the only hope I have of trying to enjoy this game this winter. Thanks for everything you do :)

XR500

• Administrators

Where abouts are you located? Can you provide a screenshot of your Geo-Filter page and of the Ping Heatmap page showing a completed ping for the game please? Also your QoS page as well.

What firmware version is the 500 on? What is the model of the modem/router the 500 is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the 500?

California. Screenshots attached. Firmware is V2.3.2.134. ISP modem is Arris Touchstone SB6183. Also have an ASUS RT-AC86U VPN router that handles VPN strictly. The XR500 handles all DHCP and WiFi while the ASUS handles just the devices I want going through the VPN although sometimes I use the Hybrid VPN(lifesaver) when I need to but not regularly. 

Sorry but I blurred out my network devices and stuff. Hopefully that's ok. If you need to know that I can send you a screencap of it personally, just didn't want that all over the internet. Anything else, let me know and thanks as always.

QoS-DumaOS.png

Geo-Filter-DumaOS.png

Geo-Filter-DumaOS (1).png

Ping-Heatmap-DumaOS.png

5 hours ago, NetZilla said:

California. Screenshots attached. Firmware is V2.3.2.134. ISP modem is Arris Touchstone SB6183. Also have an ASUS RT-AC86U VPN router that handles VPN strictly. The XR500 handles all DHCP and WiFi while the ASUS handles just the devices I want going through the VPN although sometimes I use the Hybrid VPN(lifesaver) when I need to but not regularly. 

Sorry but I blurred out my network devices and stuff. Hopefully that's ok. If you need to know that I can send you a screencap of it personally, just didn't want that all over the internet. Anything else, let me know and thanks as always.

Are you going through the VPN currently? If so, where to?

Can you click on that server in the UK next time you see it and send us the ID? I think that's whitelisted by mistake which definitely won't be helping your ping.

Your QoS settings look good!

Two things i noticed  

First untick fast search  you should disable it

The uk server in the picture is im pretty sure the deamonware authetacation  server  

So pleade  keeep that allowed

It now seems to be  there  for codmw2  it used to show it as america before

I would lower  your geo range and set it up directly above the colsets server

Then i would set ping assist to 40ms and search for games

If you find no game inrease the  ping assist  to 50   

Then try again

You said  you found games at 40ms before 

So setting ping assist to 40 should find games

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you going through the VPN currently? If so, where to?

Can you click on that server in the UK next time you see it and send us the ID? I think that's whitelisted by mistake which definitely won't be helping your ping.

Your QoS settings look good!

No. The only thing going through the VPN are 2 media players. Ive attached the UK server you requested.

UK Server.png

6 hours ago, kinel said:

Two things i noticed  

First untick fast search  you should disable it

The uk server in the picture is im pretty sure the deamonware authetacation  server  

So pleade  keeep that allowed

It now seems to be  there  for codmw2  it used to show it as america before

I would lower  your geo range and set it up directly above the colsets server

Then i would set ping assist to 40ms and search for games

If you find no game inrease the  ping assist  to 50   

Then try again

You said  you found games at 40ms before 

So setting ping assist to 40 should find games

OK I unticked Fast search. I'll assume that the UK server is Daemonware auth server so will leave that alone. I'll change the geo-range to west coast and midwest in the radius and try that along with trying the ping assist again. Funny thing is when the game came out the ping server that was the best for me was the colorado one and it was green. I'm surrounded by 3 california servers that are closer but none of them are even under 50ms which I don't understand why? Is that an issue with my ISP? But anyway, I'll update back with my findings. Thanks so much.

• Administrators

Some good advice there from Kinel, the UK one is definitely an auth server so no need to worry about that. Some people have had trouble finding games on the West Coast, not just on this game but previous, I think they're made them like overflow servers so if there is a lot of people on at one time it will use them but if not then they won't. So if you struggle go from central instead and that will work better.

Heres another  method that worked  before many of us here

Judt put your home location in the sea  any where it dosent matter

Set your ping assist  to  40ms   make sure  strict mode is enabled

Then just searcgh for a game

I always turn off auto ping  when i first   login to find the data centre  

If you dont allow the data centre it wont find games

Then soon as it shows the data centre is allowed    turn on auto ping

So it shows you the servers it connects too this method works for any one

You just put in your lowest ping values in that you  use

8 hours ago, kinel said:

Heres another  method that worked  before many of us here

Judt put your home location in the sea  any where it dosent matter

Set your ping assist  to  40ms   make sure  strict mode is enabled

Then just searcgh for a game

I always turn off auto ping  when i first   login to find the data centre  

If you dont allow the data centre it wont find games

Then soon as it shows the data centre is allowed    turn on auto ping

So it shows you the servers it connects too this method works for any one

You just put in your lowest ping values in that you  use

So I did this(screencap attached) and it's showing the UK Server which is Auth server but then it shows a Georgia Allowed Server and a southern california ping assist server and I'm in northern california by the way. So then do a ping heatmap to find the lowest ping values and use that for matchmaking while keeping the the Home location in the ocean?  

Geo-Filter-DumaOS (2).png