multiplayer settings mw 2

philo3391

Hi everyone,

with the new release of mw2 upon us I'm setting up this thread so we can share what works best for us .

if people have any recommendations what works for them purely for multiplayer

are we best to just geo filter in the ocean and get lowest ping possible/ auto ping host on or off ?

should we prioritize specific traffic 

open NAT will obviously be best 

upnp/ipv6/dmz enabled or disabled / BEST network settings

ultimately anything that can make our bullet hit reg better please share the knowledge

Thanks

Geolocating isn't working for me.  I usually fight lag compensation with previous games by putting myself on a different continent. Most of the time, I play in Australia from the US, and sometimes in Europe when I can't find games.  I have no issues with other games, but CoD always has some extreme lag compensation that puts me about a second behind. 

But now, geolocate does nothing.  It still finds only the nearest servers even with ping assist set to zero and a small location area.  I was able to geolocate fine during the beta and had good games.  

For me, the game just isn't playable at the closest server. And with no way to find other servers, I don't think I'll be playing at all.

The lag compensation is not terrible in Cold War or Vanguard (which I didn't like nor play much), it just seems ramped up on MW2 for some reason.  I had the same issue with MW 2019 as well.

3 hours ago, Nuschler22 said:

Geolocating isn't working for me.  I usually fight lag compensation with previous games by putting myself on a different continent. Most of the time, I play in Australia from the US, and sometimes in Europe when I can't find games.  I have no issues with other games, but CoD always has some extreme lag compensation that puts me about a second behind. 

But now, geolocate does nothing.  It still finds only the nearest servers even with ping assist set to zero and a small location area.  I was able to geolocate fine during the beta and had good games.  

For me, the game just isn't playable at the closest server. And with no way to find other servers, I don't think I'll be playing at all.

The lag compensation is not terrible in Cold War or Vanguard (which I didn't like nor play much), it just seems ramped up on MW2 for some reason.  I had the same issue with MW 2019 as well.

Can you share how you've currently go Geo-filter configured with a screenshot perhaps? What ping on average do you get to a close server?

On 10/28/2022 at 7:17 AM, Nuschler22 said:

Complete opposite experience lol geo works fine and vangaurd and cold war didn't play due to the terrible lag comp. I had a better experience on vangaurd and cold War using a wireless connecting. Mw2 wired and geo to 40 50ping area and game runs great