Update firmware netduma R2Update firmware netduma R2

Airchus

I can't find in the support forum the steps to safely update the latest firmware for netduma r2 I know it's silly and easy to update but I don't want to make any mistakes that could make the router unusable

No worries, so go ahead and download the latest firmware from here:

Then, go to the DumaOS interface by visiting 192.168.77.1 in your web browser. Click the three-dots in the top right, then click Update. Browse for the firmware file you download and click Upgrade. It'll take a few minutes to complete this.

After the update, it's recommended you factory reset the R2. Go back to the DumaOS interface and click the three-dot menu again, then Advanced -> Factory Reset. That'll take another 5-10 minutes to complete, at which point you can go back to the interface and complete the setup wizard again. 

10 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

No se preocupe, continúe y descargue el firmware más reciente desde aquí:

Luego, vaya a la interfaz de DumaOS visitando 192.168.77.1 en su navegador web. Haz clic en los tres puntos en la esquina superior derecha y luego haz clic en Actualizar. Busque el archivo de firmware que descargó y haga clic en Actualizar. Tardará unos minutos en completar esto.

Después de la actualización, se recomienda restablecer de fábrica el R2. Vuelva a la interfaz de DumaOS y haga clic en el menú de tres puntos nuevamente, luego en Avanzado -> Restablecimiento de fábrica. Eso tomará otros 5 a 10 minutos en completarse, momento en el que puede volver a la interfaz y completar el asistente de configuración nuevamente. 

My big question is whether it is necessary to connect the router with the PC via a network cable, or it is simply not necessary....and through the Wi-Fi network connection it can be updated without a problem 

• Administrators

It is recommended to do so via ethernet but it isn't necessary, I update over WiFi when easier and I've not had a problem - just remember it will disconnect you so you'll have to connect back to the WiFi after a few minutes