Packet unprioritized

Erik

image.jpeg.7f9f7cd33c9d8da0df6aae3ff56135d6.jpeg

good evening, can someone explain to me why I have non-prioritized and 0 over prioritized packages? moreover, is it normal that by putting some rules in the traffic control this I '' deactivates / bypasses '' the geofilter finding me lobbies with high ping? thank you

• Administrators

The unprioritized packets there indicate packet loss, you're losing 5% of the packets you're receiving, depending on what you're doing that may be fine. If you're allowing all traffic to the Geo-Filter device then yes it would supersede it, there is no need to make a controller rule for that

26 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I pacchetti senza priorità indicano la perdita di pacchetti, stai perdendo il 5% dei pacchetti che stai ricevendo, a seconda di ciò che stai facendo potrebbe andare bene. Se stai consentendo tutto il traffico al dispositivo Geo-Filter, sì, lo sostituirebbe, non è necessario creare una regola del controller per quello

can you explain better fraser? does it mean that i have problems with my ISP? I have no limit in the netduma, but from 2 days I have packet loss even of 15% in game for a few seconds.

5 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hard to say at the moment, you said you did some Traffic Controller rules, could you provide a screenshot of that page please? What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to?

I have no rules in the traffic controller, because as soon as I saw that the geofilter was not working well I removed them immediately. The R2 is connected to the fritzbox 7590 with MAC Address Cloning. 

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's fair enough, did you experience the packet loss prior to making that change? What changes were made 2 days ago just before the packet loss occurred if any?

I think I have those non-prioritized packets since I used the MAC clone..I didn't really notice if without Mac clone I had fewer non-prioritized packets.  I am sure, however, that with the netduma connected directly to the ONT the non-prioritized packets were at 0 while the prioritized ones went up.  I don't understand if the problem is the netduma cascaded to the fritzbox.  but from fritzbox the netduma is on high priority ahead of everything.

24 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Suggerirei di riconnetterti direttamente all'ONT, potrebbe volerci del tempo ma le tue velocità dovrebbero quindi tornare poiché sono aumentate con la clonazione del MAC

do you think the reason for the non-priority packages is the fault of the fritzbox?

• Administrators

It's possible that there is confusion when receiving packets as it's not sure whether to go to the Fritz or the R2 due to the MAC address cloning, on second thoughts, you can keep the R2 with the Fritz MAC plug directly into the ONT and you should receive good speeds as it will think it is the Fritz.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

È possibile che ci sia confusione durante la ricezione dei pacchetti in quanto non è sicuro se andare al Fritz o all'R2 a causa della clonazione dell'indirizzo MAC, ripensandoci, puoi tenere l'R2 con il connettore MAC Fritz direttamente nell'ONT e dovresti riceve buone velocità poiché penserà che sia il Fritz.

I connected R2 directly to the ONT. Unfortunately, the speed does not exceed 500 Mb and the non-prioritized packets are still there. :(

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hai fatto un riavvio quando ti sei connesso all'ONT? In caso contrario, assicurati di aver impostato il MAC su R2 in modo che corrisponda al fritz e quindi controlla i pacchetti senza priorità

yes I restarted and even reset the netduma, but I came to the conclusion that the R2 has some problems in managing the pppoe because if I put it in cascade to the fritz I get the 950 mb without problems.
As for the MAC clone I cannot put the identical one of the fritz, once the fritz itself has been inserted I change the last character of the MAC and then in the netduma I have to insert the MAC that the fritzbox suggests to me.

• Administrators

Ah I see, use it in cascade mode then, you will get a better experience without the R2 handling PPPoE currently. If you're connecting behind the fritz you shouldn't really need to use the MAC anymore now you've got full speeds in cascade so I'd suggest leaving it like that and you should be good

29 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah I see, use it in cascade mode then, you will get a better experience without the R2 handling PPPoE currently. If you're connecting behind the fritz you shouldn't really need to use the MAC anymore now you've got full speeds in cascade so I'd suggest leaving it like that and you should be good

so do you advise me to remove the mac of the fritz from the netduma?

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you're in cascading mode on the fritz then it shouldn't be needed so yes try it without

ok, reset the Mac from netduma everything works fine.  one last thing Fraser: I have been noticing for about a week that the problem of desync in game is recurring to me or it seems that the enemy sees me before I see him and consequently seems to have an advantage in hitting me .. in the netduma everything is ok, but , if I connect the pc directly to the fritzbox this does not happen.  netduma is in the exposed mode of fritzbox so it has full access to the network without restrictions.  where could the problem be?  i was thinking of upgrading to xr1000..i think R2 is starting to have some hardware malfunction.

3 hours ago, Erik said:

ok, reset the Mac from netduma everything works fine.  one last thing Fraser: I have been noticing for about a week that the problem of desync in game is recurring to me or it seems that the enemy sees me before I see him and consequently seems to have an advantage in hitting me .. in the netduma everything is ok, but , if I connect the pc directly to the fritzbox this does not happen.  netduma is in the exposed mode of fritzbox so it has full access to the network without restrictions.  where could the problem be?  i was thinking of upgrading to xr1000..i think R2 is starting to have some hardware malfunction.

Have you setup QoS? If not, I'd suggest doing this as this is what's going to improve your experience in-game. Follow this guide if you haven't already:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

12 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Have you setup QoS? If not, I'd suggest doing this as this is what's going to improve your experience in-game. Follow this guide if you haven't already:

http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000077073-dumaos-optimal-settings-guide-qos

I have already set the qos correctly. I do not use the traffic priority because if I add the PC the geo filter no longer works correctly as I find initial lobbies with ping <90 instead of <15.

image.png.8c358a47b92b7c82fa9ff30d0d010b0d.png

another question: can the activated geofilter cause a desyn in gama? (the classic problem I shoot first and die first or the fact that it gives you the impression that the enemy sees you before you?) I ask why it would seem but I'm not sure, that without geo filter these anomalies do not exist, and they are almost convinced to be able to confirm it because playing directly from fritzbox the problem does not exist. Thank you

• Administrators

Traffic Prioritization shouldn't affect how the Geo-Filter works, how did you add the PC to it exactly? 

Using the Geo-Filter shouldn't cause that, it just blocks/allows servers so as long as you're playing on an allowed server it should be fine, when you have the desync look at the Geo-Filter Map zoomed out, is there anything appearing as blocked?

14 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Traffic Prioritization shouldn't affect how the Geo-Filter works, how did you add the PC to it exactly? 

Using the Geo-Filter shouldn't cause that, it just blocks/allows servers so as long as you're playing on an allowed server it should be fine, when you have the desync look at the Geo-Filter Map zoomed out, is there anything appearing as blocked?

and instead yes if active the first traffic prioritizazion block / bypasses the geofilter not making it work anymore. In fact, if I start the warzone game with the first traffic prioritization ON I no longer see the servers inside the geo filter
the pc is added as a play station in the geo filter. When I have desync no, I have nothing stuck in the map. What I noticed through WINMTR is that the netduma briefly goes from 2-3 ms packets to 50-60 and then back to 2..3..4 ms to my ISP. It seems as if it fizzes for a few moments.

and my connection is set up correctly via QOS