Netduma R2 Connection Benchmark App Issue | Significant Reduction of Speed

Sameer

On 8/22/2022 at 12:01 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Disable port scan and syn flood protection in WAN Settings then re-test please and see if you get any higher

As requested, I turned off both Port Scan Protection and Sync Flood Protection off.

The speeds never reached upto 800Down. 

duma_portScanOff_syncFloodOff.PNG

speed_test_13.PNG

• Administrators

I think it is very likely that this is the maximum speeds you'll be able to get through the R2 on your connection. There aren't any other settings that impact speed that could be adjusted and given you tried it with the PC in the DMZ so ALL traffic went to the PC basically unimpeded and it didn't get you any higher then I don't think it will be possible to get any higher unfortunately.

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I think it is very likely that this is the maximum speeds you'll be able to get through the R2 on your connection. There aren't any other settings that impact speed that could be adjusted and given you tried it with the PC in the DMZ so ALL traffic went to the PC basically unimpeded and it didn't get you any higher then I don't think it will be possible to get any higher unfortunately.

Thank u for the information!
Is it a one off incident? Have you tested urself in your lab?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sameer said:

Thank u for the information!
Is it a one off incident? Have you tested urself in your lab?

A few people max out around the same as you. In a lab environment we have achieved 900-950Mbps max but every household is different so some can achieve that and others achieve around your level of speeds.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

A few people max out around the same as you. In a lab environment we have achieved 900-950Mbps max but every household is different so some can achieve that and others achieve around your level of speeds.

is there a possibility to exchange one that can achieve +950 with mine? I dnt mind If i could exchange mine for 2nd hand R2 if you have lying around. 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Sameer said:

is there a possibility to exchange one that can achieve +950 with mine? I dnt mind If i could exchange mine for 2nd hand R2 if you have lying around. 

It's not a case of one R2 performs better than the other, it's to do with the network environment that it is within that impacts the speeds it can achieve