B03 Beta: Your K/D goals and your plan of attack

Dillinger

So this is the first time we have had a Beta in the modern era of CoD.  Depending on who you talk or listen to, that Beta will be a few days or a couple of weeks, but regardless, we finally have a Beta.

Great.  Get in there early, see if I like the game, start to figure out the Meta, find my perfect gun, perfect class and engrave that shit on the wall in my gaming room so I am ready for launch in Nov.

Or.....

I plan on having no more than 0.75-0.99 K/D in the Black Ops 3 Beta, and I will tell you why.

I plan on using every piece of gear in the normal JD Arsenal (all pistols, subs and AR's, a shotty or two, and one sniper/LMG), every perk and every ability to see what I like and what I don't, but I want to have a baseline of the abilities that come with them.

I don't care what my game stats are for the Beta, because we don't get to keep them.  I have heard several people talk about it, most recently Thunder if you caught his video, but the stats are going to get wiped out prior to launch.  No unlocks, no left overs, nothing.

So why not go out there and try some unique classes and some off the wall combinations?

"I don't want to get shit on, obviously".  None of us WANT to have that happen.  But I think it needs to happen when everyone else is having the same pains of learning the Meta game, otherwise you are going to find one of two things that work now, and then find out they suck after the tweaks and balances from the Beta feedback.

Why set yourself up to be a day 1 target with a Meta game consisting of the exact same class you played AW/Ghosts or Blops 2 with?

I'm interested in everyone's plan of attack for the Beta.  What are you going to do and are you going to go it alone, or party up in the hopes of sharing Meta across a crew?

Discuss.....

I'm planning on having a 2.0+ k/d in the beta because I'm planning on there not being much in the beta and just settling in on the best weapon and destroying all who cross me. 

That and every beta I've played I've had better stats than the real game, easily. I think I adapt faster than most people but it evens out over time. 

Im not worried about my kd. I will try out alot of classes like you. I feel some of the perks may be OP such as sixth sense but then again it has a counter that has other benefits as well. Im anxious to see the rest of the maps and weapons.

Also i hope theres not many paper wall in game. Bo2 you can shoot through 2 and 3 walls with fmj. I got sniped on nuketown while on the c flag from a guy who shoot through 2 walls. Talking about someone being pissed lmao!

I think there will only be 2 map's 3 at a push and only two guns from each class available. If I an right I will be linking back to this post for bragging rights at a later date ;)

You might be right. I think it would be better if we got more maps and guns so we could decide what OP and not before release. 2 or 3 maps would be fine. But since it is a beta, we will probably get everything from e3.

The World at War beta was decent. But honestly, K/D doesn't mean crap anymore. You have so many casuals that camp their ass off and it's not a good representation of skill anymore. Score per minute is better but not everyone plays Dom 24/7. I honestly just want the netcode to be decent in BO3. Treyarch is horrible with hit detection and netcode so I'm going to be neutral until it comes out.

Im planning on playing the beta for a bit of fun, see how the game plays and feels. Try out some of the new perks etc and hope and pray that the connection is a gazillion times better than black ops 2 for me.

KDR, I have said it before and I will say it again, THE only person who cares about your KDR is you.

I believe the beta is for 5 days, 2 of which I have to go to some god damn wedding with a bunch of people I don't know and probably wont like so I may get drunk and offend :) lol

I plan on getting slaughtered by everyone else

i plan on killing everyone and trying not to get bad feedback .

I plan on getting slaughtered by everyone else and improving their kdr :)

My first plan of attack is to make sure Dillinger has his PS4 by the beta,party up and constantly complain to him over the mic if the game isn't smooth    :D 

No as always gonna try and learn the maps they let us use and try all the guns,perks and have fun.My KD never has and never will mean shit to me.The way the connections are on COD you never know how good someone is or isn't.I've hammered people over several matches with a 3 plus KD and been slaughtered by people with a .6 KD,it's all connection dependent.

IMO the best thing they have done in a long time is remove the KD stats in public lobbies.But as always I'm gonna have fun playing the beta,no matter how well or how poorly I do 

I could care less about graphics, guns, perks, etc. ...

Stick men would be fine with me!

I'm just going to see how the netcode functions, that will determine my purchasing decision.

I have to admit, AW was my last COD!

But the fact they have the balls to put out a beta, so one can get an idea of the game play, I'll give them credit for that and admit, it appears they are trying to get back their player base.

I truly hope they are successful in their endeavors.

I believe the beta is for 5 days, 2 of which I have to go to some god damn wedding with a bunch of people I don't know and probably wont like so I may get drunk and offend :) lol

The 5-days noted is a exclusivity for PS peeps.  They will get 5 days ahead of the rest of us, and then XB and PC get on board and everyone will have about 2 weeks, give or take a weekend, to evaluate and then poof.  Back into the Ether and we will be waiting for Nov.

The K/D is not going to get converted to the full game anyway. So might as well you take this opportunity to really learn the best 'go-to' guns, perks, Special ability, kill streaks and more.
Then, we'll test whether the Geo filter will work well or will we get stuck only in Dedicated Servers.
Once you know what to expect from the game after the 5 days of Beta, then we'll go back to either training in BO2 or Ghosts. Whichever is closer to how BO3 feels so you can train yourself from then on.

But yeah.. Do leave a day or 2 to really test how well it will work with Netduma's Geo-filter and Ping Assist so the moment the game comes out, all you have to do is just input the settings and BAM! Duma-Nation citizens will rule the world!

I really hope the vsat streak is a personal streak. Dont believe it should benefit the whole team. Its literally a game breaker in Bo2.

I don't disagree with you and I happen to be a "fan" of Blops 2, especially the scorestreaks and their ability to change the game for your team.  But it also costs like 1200 points to get it, so when I put one up in TDM, I expect it to tip the scales in my advantage.

Archived