Cod Hit Reg Settings (updated)

I know a lot of people look for "the best settings" for cod so I would like to share what have been working wonders for me lately.

After many tries and playing around with the DumaOs I finally found the hit detection I REALLY  like it feels like every single bullet is hitting all the time

Key Notes from my settings:

• QoS Share Excess Down / Up is turned off (I have it like that because the XR500 is only for my gaming pc if you use multiple devices and wifi too I don't recommend it)
  • I have fiber internet 300 / 300 up down
  • my MTU is set to 1428 (was 1472)
  • DNS is set to 1.1.1.1 / 1.0.0.1 (cloud flare)
  • Works wonders on Warzone too
  • Remember what my worked for me may not work for you, I'm just sharing  but feel free to experiment
  • I live in Puerto Rico which means I'm always between 45-75 ping, not great but not horrible either (on Rebirth I get 35MS ping)

Here are some screenshots of the settings and some gameplay videos, you be the judge:

NOTE: no guns from the gameplay have damage rounds on

The intention of this post is to help others achieve great and satisfying gameplay!😉

2032510308_DesktopScreenshot2022_06.13-19_14_18.31(2).thumb.png.2a1608251b71e61e08426418ceba67ea.png

1588858851_DesktopScreenshot2022_06.13-19_15_20.16(2).thumb.png.653b340ec6bad00a001d0e5d2f2b2909.png

• Administrators
2 hours ago, SolidOny said:

Hmm.. interesting. I live in Puerto Rico too. BUT i cannot seem to find those perfect settings. 

I would say that in most cases finding the 'perfect' settings that work every time is unlikely just due to the amount of variance in server loads, ISP congestion etc. What I would suggest aiming for is the best settings you can find that gives you a great experience the majority of the time with the expectation that some of your games won't be great due to all the variables that come with networking.

• 4 weeks later...

Finding the perfect or close to great settings isn't the problem for me, retaining it get it to stick atleast for a while is the issue. I have tweak my router over and over actually lost count over the years, once I get a decent settings I can easily tell while playing in game hit reg is crips my opponents cant keep up lol .

After about 1-2 days it goes down hill then am back at square one tweaking settings again have actually given up on cod games, expecially warzone, like Fraser mentioned just too much variables involved.

This is multiplayer which is okay, its warzone battle royal mode is just a mess. Rebirth is a  small map so you can easily get away with it, these day just from the loading lobby I can tell if am going to have a bad game or not lol

On 7/12/2022 at 2:37 AM, Seye said:

Finding the perfect or close to great settings isn't the problem for me, retaining it get it to stick atleast for a while is the issue. I have tweak my router over and over actually lost count over the years, once I get a decent settings I can easily tell while playing in game hit reg is crips my opponents cant keep up lol .

After about 1-2 days it goes down hill then am back at square one tweaking settings again have actually given up on cod games, expecially warzone, like Fraser mentioned just too much variables involved.

This is multiplayer which is okay, its warzone battle royal mode is just a mess. Rebirth is a  small map so you can easily get away with it, these day just from the loading lobby I can tell if am going to have a bad game or not lol

Get that as well. It might have sth to do with that when you setup everything. Router pick up your setting and targeted packets and what not. You have great moments. And once you shut down your console, router forgot all that. When you are back on your console other days, router seems not to pick up anything anymore. 

May be you try to re-setup everything whenever before first game of a day. 

i have given up qos months ago. Realize that my 1000/500 bandwidth is enough for everyone. So i have been playing on asus ax5400 with qos off. Only dmz/port forward with fixed ip and ipv6 support. 

I often switch between full cone nat and symmetric nat type whenever one doesn’t work atm

12 hours ago, Chaiyoabc said:

Get that as well. It might have sth to do with that when you setup everything. Router pick up your setting and targeted packets and what not. You have great moments. And once you shut down your console, router forgot all that. When you are back on your console other days, router seems not to pick up anything anymore. 

May be you try to re-setup everything whenever before first game of a day. 

i have given up qos months ago. Realize that my 1000/500 bandwidth is enough for everyone. So i have been playing on asus ax5400 with qos off. Only dmz/port forward with fixed ip and ipv6 support. 

I often switch between full cone nat and symmetric nat type whenever one doesn’t work atm

I have mixed feelings about turning off QOS, mine seems to be okay for now

8 hours ago, Seye said:

I have mixed feelings about turning off QOS, mine seems to be okay for now

Turning off qos on netduma is baaad 

but in asus on the other hand, is very positive effect

Que suerte teneis de que os funciona bien..... Yo tengo un xr1000 y todo se siente muy pesado, no solo jugando si no también a la hora de navegar por el router.... Hay veces que ni puedo entrar a qos oa cualquier sitio del router.. estoy muy decepcionado la verdad. los test que no son muy precisos, por mucho que optimice no consigo tener un bufferbloat y los drlreport son pesimos y por mucho que los test del router dicen que la conexión es A+ se siente todo muy mal... De que sirve darle al botón para que lo haga automático, que te diga que no hace falta bajar velocidad porque al 100% no varía la latencia y que de resultados A+ si luego toda la sensación de juego es mala.... 

• Administrators
8 hours ago, xato_coslada said:

Que suerte teneis de que os funciona bien..... Yo tengo un xr1000 y todo se siente muy pesado, no solo jugando si no también a la hora de navegar por el router.... Hay veces que ni puedo entrar a qos oa cualquier sitio del router.. estoy muy decepcionado la verdad. los test que no son muy precisos, por mucho que optimice no consigo tener un bufferbloat y los drlreport son pesimos y por mucho que los test del router dicen que la conexión es A+ se siente todo muy mal... De que sirve darle al botón para que lo haga automático, que te diga que no hace falta bajar velocidad porque al 100% no varía la latencia y que de resultados A+ si luego toda la sensación de juego es mala.... 

Creo que su problema es con VLAN, pruebe la sugerencia que dijo Fuzy en su tema y debería tener lo mejor de ambos mundos

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Creo que su problema es con VLAN, pruebe la sugerencia que Fuzy en su tema y debería tener lo mejor de ambos mundos

Ya he echo lo que dices y se sigue sintiendo muy pesado todo. Mis resultados en drlreport y wavefron son muy distintos a los que usa el mismo router. Tengo fibra de 1gb y mis rutas y ping a los servidores de cod son buenas y con 0 perdidas pero se siente todo muy pesado.. 

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, xato_coslada said:

Ya he echo lo que dices y se sigue sintiendo muy pesado todo. Mis resultados en drlreport y wavefron son muy distintos a los que usa el mismo router. Tengo fibra de 1gb y mis rutas y ping a los servidores de cod son buenas y con 0 perdidas pero se siente todo muy pesado.. 

Pruebe con otros servidores un poco más lejos, algunos encuentran que les brinda una mejor experiencia

• 1 month later...