New Firmware update for XR500 - Version 2.3.2.34

Enhancements:

• Remove Funjsq for PR SKU
  • Various security enhancements

Bug Fixes:

• Fixes an issue where the name of an attached device cannot be changed in the device manager through the Nighthawk app.

Security Fixes:

• Fixes security vulnerabilities.

XR500 Firmware Version 2.3.2.134 | Answer | NETGEAR Support

This firmware is purely a NETGEAR security and maintenance release so it doesn't include any of the latest DumaOS changes. They don't explicitly state in the changelog that they've made changes to DHCP but test it anyway and check. As it's purely a NETGEAR update we don't have the full list of changes here at Netduma.

• Administrators
4 minutes ago, rolf2 said:

Exellent cooperation 👍 😁, no one know whats dooing other ... Looks like time to switch to openwrt...

It is not a firmware version we have collaborated on and there is nothing major that has been fixed/added that we need to have been told about

I am not sure if the above folks have opened support cases with Netgear for their technical issues.

Over time, I have opened multiple support cases through the my.netgear.com

I reported the defect for the above published issue, as it was important to me:

"Fixes an issue where the name of an attached device cannot be changed in the device manager through the Nighthawk app.

Be prepared to work with the support team in providing the necessary data, screen captures and debug logs, and with patience your issues can be resolved.

I suspect merely writing about issues on vendor forums.... may not make it into the vendor's "support cases".

I have the impression that the guests from netgear drag as long as possible to release the torn version because it just can't fix xr500 anymore, another 6 months of waiting, and again improving security,

13 hours ago, raf1212 said:

I have the impression that the guests from netgear drag as long as possible to release the torn version because it just can't fix xr500 anymore, another 6 months of waiting, and again improving security,

Not the case, it's actively being worked on. You can track it's progress here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

Not the case, it's actively being worked on. You can track it's progress here: http://support.netduma.com/support/solutions/articles/16000132677-dumaos-firmware-progress

But why would this router die two years ago, and you and netgear are responsible for it, no one normal will wait that long, because it won't work anyway, only the problem is that two big companies like netgear I  netdum can not fix basic connection errors, I would have long fired the people responsible for it in these times it is unimaginable and the money is taken and guessing, as I already wrote the theft in white gloves, now I have a new router from the provider and 2gb speed so this one  I don't need the xr500 scrap anymore, it's been dusty for months, and I really hope that consumer protection will take care of this matter, it's a pity to talk, I will write that it would be better if you gave yourself enough netgear because you can see that your cooperation is not going well, one thing  and the other one doesn't know what he's working on

• Administrators
17 minutes ago, mathmath51 said:

Guys come on, we're talking about basic DHCP. It's not like we were ranting about advanced feature.

It's not something for Netduma to fix unfortunately but rather NG, we're working with them to get it resolved