Issues with Game Optimiser on New Gen 3 Modem

• Administrators

That could be why then as 8.8.8.8 is used by Benchmark by default unless it is unavailable and then it would switch to 8.8.4.4, as a test if you switch the DNS to 8.8.8.8 then redo Benchmark does the packet loss go away?

• Administrators

Given the PingPlotter results you've provided and that the Ping Test Under Load doesn't show packet loss either then I don't think you are actually getting packet loss and more likely something we would have to look into as to why it is showing that happening. It's always showing right at the end so it could be the test is dropping off to finish and interpreting that as packet loss for example.

On 8/27/2022 at 2:00 PM, BundyBob said:

i shall await for the next update

I've looked into this and we did find issues with Connection Benchmark on the particular DumaOS version you're currently running. Let me speak to the team and see if there's a newer firmware version we can get you upgraded to. I'll get back to you!

• 2 months later...

So, as this was my original thread, I have since returned to using game optimiser and now on DumaOS Version 3.3.57 and for most part I am really happy, as it has improved so much since my first post, however I was wondering what has happed to the QoS features? It appears as though this function has been removed.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have once again run into an issue. For some reason, when I have optimiser activated with the Gen 3 Modem, I am getting dropouts on average of every 5 to 10 days, it will reconnect with no issues, but when I don't use the Optimiser I will not experience any dropouts.

I also use 1 Gen 3 Booster as well, could this be causing me an issue? Any help would be welcomed. 

Hi @MuRF,
Additionally, did you have one of these drop outs when you posted your message on Sunday? The drop outs you experience, do all devices (wired and WiFi connected) lose internet connection or just some?

I had your serial number on file from an earlier discussion we had, so looked in our server side logs, and looks like your modem last rebooted/reconnected on Saturday about 7.30pm AEST, does that sound right with what you experienced?

5 hours ago, mannrs said:

Hi @MuRF,
Additionally, did you have one of these drop outs when you posted your message on Sunday? The drop outs you experience, do all devices (wired and WiFi connected) lose internet connection or just some?

I had your serial number on file from an earlier discussion we had, so looked in our server side logs, and looks like your modem last rebooted/reconnected on Saturday about 7.30pm AEST, does that sound right with what you experienced?

Yes, my last drop out was on Saturday around 7.30 AEST. And no, I didn't have a drop out when I posted this message. My dropouts seem to occur on average of every 5 to 10 days, but when I had the optimiser deactivated, I would go 50-60 days without issues, I would only ever have to reboot modem if it became sluggish. 

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you grab the log from the System Information page please and upload it here? That should give us some indications as to what is happening.

Next time I experience a drop out I will upload logs.

3 hours ago, MuRF said:

Next time I experience a drop out I will upload logs.

That'd be really helpful, thank you.

Can you think of any kind of activity or time during which these drop outs seem to occur?

For example, are you gaming, working from home or streaming video content that may be prioritised through Network Priority at the time of the disconnections?

Are there any other kind of patterns to the disconnections that you can think of?

6 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That'd be really helpful, thank you.

Can you think of any kind of activity or time during which these drop outs seem to occur?

For example, are you gaming, working from home or streaming video content that may be prioritised through Network Priority at the time of the disconnections?

Are there any other kind of patterns to the disconnections that you can think of?

Last Drop out on Saturday my kids were gaming and music was streaming. But I haven't really noticed a pattern. I'll make note of all activity for future dropouts.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, MuRF said:

Sorry, it took me a while, but still having drop out issues while using  optimiser, I have attached logs. Any insight would be welcomed.

log.txt 1.28 MB · 3 downloads

Thank you for sending this over, that's helpful. I'll pass these on to the team and we'll look into them, then get back to you with an update.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi @MuRF, we've been checking through your logs and some other monitoring we setup and unfortunately dont have an exact answer for you yet.  But did have a suspicion, do you happen to run Google Nest devices in your network?  Separately we've been investigating a stability issue triggered by how traffic from those devices is sometimes generated, and there were some similarities with your reports

Thanks for confirming @MuRF, the dev team are testing a fix to deal with it and we'll get it over to you, hopefully early next week to test.  But am pretty confident, thats the issue you've been bumping into

10 hours ago, MuRF said:

@mannrs @Netduma Liam Just Dropped again today, here are the logs.

Note* I don't have these dropouts when I deactivate Optimiser

logs 24-02-2023.txt 1.27 MB · 1 download

Thanks @MuRF, the issue is pretty apparent in there. Hopefully this one will be reserved next week when you're able to start testing the latest fix!