A Claim Is Made That Reverse Boosting Fixes Hit Rego, Lag Comp, Etc In Cod

East

On 4/26/2022 at 3:37 AM, Waka4412 said:

@East I think Warzone also uses some form of EOMM. I noticed allmost all things mentioned in the vid. It is always interesting how the hitreg feels awesome and the movement smooth in the preround and than the round begins it is often a laggy mess and hitreg is on holiday.

How do you reverse boost? What is your method?

To be clear/transparent my experience has been playing core cod. I haven't gotten to warzone as of yet.  
However, in order to reverse boost you need a few essentials:

2 separate accounts from 2 different platforms. 

Another copy of the game (using a secondary account isn't as useful/accurate/consistent).  Don't use the same/similar name.

Make your second account a bot account with a k/d of 1.1 k/d or lower in Dom/TDM/Patrol/Kill Confirmed/Etc. This can take a few hours. You want 1 kill with every 10 or so deaths per match.  You only have to do this 1-2 times per game mode.  Now you can bypass this and have 0.00 k/d (you don't bother to create a bot account).  This makes your bot account very limited in weapon selection.  I've also found by doing this defaults you to booth RB and regular lobbies. 

Setup your netduma OS traffic prioritization accordingly.  Make sure UpNp is enabled. And it shows the port of both gaming platforms.  Make sure your platform is properly labeled in Device Manager. Setup your congestion control if you have other devices connected to your router.  If it's just your 2 gaming devices I suggest you disable QOS.

Friend your bot account. Search for lobbies with your bot account. Session join your main account to your bot account when your bot account found a lobby that is not full. Then back out your bot account from the lobby.

There are a few videos out there that explain it better though on youtube. Just look up "reverse boosting Vanguard" "reverse boosting Cold War".  What they don't tell you is that those easier lobbies don't last forever.

The 1st few reversed boost matches might be easier then normal.  However, as you progress in later RB matches opponents get "smarter" and matches will tighten up on you if you are not careful.  This is normal behavior as SBMM is kicking in as it should.  You simply don't get EOMM'd.

But when you beam a person for the first time will be intoxicating.  It's like you are playing another game.  All your bullets are connecting.  You try another weapon and realize that the RPM is too slow.  So you setup another weapon with a high rate of fire and beam another.  Then you notice that you are moving faster then before.  You blink your eyes more and 🤔.  Nope, you confirmed that for whatever reason you are now moving faster then you ever did before.  You get all getty and a smile will form on your face uncontrollably 😂🤣.  As you melee players for the 1st time 😲.  You play the entire match and regardless if you win/lose your thoughts can't help but wonder if this is what you've been missing all this time?  And with a sigh you realize you've have.  😡

2 hours ago, East said:

To be clear/transparent my experience has been playing core cod. I haven't gotten to warzone as of yet.  

Another copy of the game (using a secondary account isn't as useful/accurate/consistent).  Don't use the same/similar name.

Make your second account a bot account with a k/d of 1.1 k/d or lower in Dom/TDM/Patrol/Kill Confirmed/Etc. This can take a few hours. You want 1 kill with every 10 or so deaths per match.  You only have to do this 1-2 times per game mode.  Now you can bypass this and have 0.00 k/d (you don't bother to create a bot account).  This makes your bot account very limited in weapon selection.  I've also found by doing this defaults you to booth RB and regular lobbies. 

Setup your netduma OS traffic prioritization accordingly.  Make sure UpNp is enabled. And it shows the port of both gaming platforms.  Make sure your platform is properly labeled in Device Manager. Setup your congestion control if you have other devices connected to your router.  If it's just your 2 gaming devices I suggest you disable QOS.

Friend your bot account. Search for lobbies with your bot account. Session join your main account to your bot account when your bot account found a lobby that is not full. Then back out your bot account from the lobby.

There are a few videos out there that explain it better though on youtube. Just look up "reverse boosting Vanguard" "reverse boosting Cold War".  What they don't tell you is that those easier lobbies don't last forever.

The 1st few reversed boost matches might be easier then normal.  However, as you progress in later RB matches opponents get "smarter" and matches will tighten up on you if you are not careful.  This is normal behavior as SBMM is kicking in as it should.  You simply don't get EOMM'd.

Just my two cents but coldwar and vanguard were two of the worst cods ever lol. There is so many things wrong with those two games it is not even funny. Im not even sure how they can still release games like this lol. Thats why im so excited for MWII because it has the same 3 year development time as MWI in 2019 did 

6 hours ago, zman1156 said:

Just my two cents but coldwar and vanguard were two of the worst cods ever lol. There is so many things wrong with those two games it is not even funny. Im not even sure how they can still release games like this lol. Thats why im so excited for MWII because it has the same 3 year development time as MWI in 2019 did 

They are all equally the same to me "now".  CW having a longer time to kill.

Since reverse boosting I have a new infinity for COD.  I wouldn't be saying this otherwise.  You and a lot of people, including myself, won't find the game fun if they continue to use EOMM tactics to hamper players from playing the game as intended.  And, I seriously doubt you would like MW 2 if they used EOMM like they did in MW2019 and they dialed it to 11.  Now activision just released their investor report were they state, in part:

Call of Duty net bookings on console and PC declined year-over-year in the first quarter, reflecting lower premium sales for Call of Duty: Vanguard versus the year ago title and lower engagement in Call of Duty: Warzone. Call of Duty Mobile net bookings were little changed year-over-year.

https://www.pcgamer.com/call-of-duty-has-lost-50-million-players-in-a-year/

Funny how they used the term "engagement".  They could have easily said "player count", "retention", "subscribers", "player base", "customers" etc.  If EOMM is truly intended to be just a conspiracy I would label the use in their investor report as a fruedian slip. I can only assume that the term "engagement" is a word heavily used internally more then we realize.  You can click on the link for the investor report and find that is what they said. 

Now lets not get it twisted here. They still have 100m player base out there.  We are talking, what, 30% fall off?  IMHO, if they continue this trend with EOMM that fall off will rapidly continue. 

It's hard to say if they will "lighten up"/remove EOMM with vangaurd as a result.  Nor, is it clear if they will rethink EOMM for MW 2 or just steam roll it and hope for the best.  What is clear is that we aren't the only one's seeing something wrong with the game.  And, IMO, there is more to do with it then just development cycles. 

I can honestly say that after reverse boosting the maps aren't bad at all.  There are a few I don't like, don't get me wrong.  But overall when there is no EOMM and you have the right players in your lobby the gameplay is actually fun, engaging and entertaining.  However, with how they are using EOMM curently it will make anyone have the opinion that MW2019, CW and/or Vanguard simply sucks.  That's because it does when you are hampered from playing the game the way it was naturally intended to be played. 

9 hours ago, East said:

Thanks. I will give it a try.

On 4/26/2022 at 8:14 AM, East said:

Duma OS does a outstanding job playing COD with 2 different gaming platforms.  Are you able to invest in reverse boosting?

When you refer to reverse boost, do you mean join session on a noob account? Too much effort for me, my other console is in another room I'd have to walk back and forth lol and I'd imagine those matches wouldn't be a challenge. I like vs good players ..if only my bullets registered on them

*edit*

Just saw your other post. If things continue like this I'll probably have to resort to it when I move to PC for MW22. Sucks that we have to do things like this to have an enjoyable game. I had to soldier through a mess of a session tonight with some mates, I had the lowest/stable ping of them all and I couldn't kill shit. I think I had 1 good connection match out of a 2.5 hour session. Dropped 90 kills one match, then the next vs a few of the same people I kept dying before I could ADS. It's obvious the games are rigged, I'm surprised ace or drift0r can't find any evidence..

5 hours ago, johnnytran said:

It's obvious the games are rigged, I'm surprised ace or drift0r can't find any evidence..

I think their roles in COD have been "established" for a long time now.  So, there is no surprise there.

On 4/28/2022 at 3:30 PM, East said:

This is pretty filthy. Hopefully Ace is able to gather enough data to replicate and expose them, will probably get blacklisted though lol

On 5/1/2022 at 7:31 AM, johnnytran said:

This is pretty filthy. Hopefully Ace is able to gather enough data to replicate and expose them, will probably get blacklisted though lol

Never put your trust in someone who's an influencer for COD. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to prove the opposite.

Here is a hint to people like Ace.  When it was announced they loss 60m monthly active players did he cover it?  No!  When they announced to the SEC Vanguard’s sales didn’t meet expectations because of the WWII setting + not enough innovation?  No!

Therefore, don't expect people like him to post a video that provides any controversy other then his own grips on what he wants to see in and out of the game.

On 5/1/2022 at 7:31 AM, johnnytran said:

On 5/1/2022 at 12:16 PM, East said:

Never put your trust in someone who's an influencer for COD. I wouldn't be surprised if he tries to prove the opposite.

Here is a prime example of what I am talking about.  "Your boy" Ace is trying to discredit NerosCinema's findings using, by definition, pseudoscience!  I really thought he was making this video because he found actually data that Nerocinema inaccurately reported. Nope, "your boy" Ace is using reddit complaints on MW2019, google trends and conjecture based on how he "feels". 

Sure, he can disagree with it.  He can be skeptical about the source of the data (which he expresses in the video).  But he has to have data of his own to suggest any slight or misinformation.  Which he doesn't. As I watched the video I got the impression that it was "forced" based on how he felt more so then any data.  But that's just my opinion. His reasoning of why he is skeptical is so nonsensical (to me) that it makes this video look like a "hit piece" against NeroCinema.

I must say that NerosCinema handled it very well though. 

At the end of the day just have your RB account and your dumaOS setup right and you should do fine with MWII.

I think it'll be a different story for me when I switch to PC. Just playing with higher FPS should be enough for it to feel fair, I feel like that's the biggest disadvantage I have atm cause I don't even think I get 60 FPS on my ps4 lol.

I'm pretty much dead the moment a good PC player appears on my screen. Even trying to track them as they run doesn't work, it feels like their hitbox is ahead of their player model and my bullets don't hit. I don't think the game is intentionally applying some sort of delay on me, if anything it should be handicapping these guys all the time lol. 

I was watching some recordings earlier vs a ps5 player. Even when I'd shoot first and be on target, I wouldn't get a hitmarker with the first bullet, even at 120 fps their hitbox is off. Land 2 bullets then I drop dead before I can shoot the 3rd. Watch killcam I'm pretty much a sitting duck for a good 0.5-1s before he shoots at me "first" and kills me. Can't imagine how much of an easy time people running 200+ FPS are having, I bet it feels like they are vs bots that don't even react. 

I'll try the RB as a last resort if I still feel like there's some BS going on in MW22. The R2 gave me some crisp matches in MW19, nothing I could experience with any of my other routers. When these matches ran good even the hitmarkers felt like they sounded different, maybe because it was so responsive. This occasionally happens on vanguard too and it's in these matches I'm almost guaranteed to drop a v2

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't watch the entire video, just the beginning and skimmed through his pistol match.. is that meant to be a reverse boosted lobby or is he below average? I wouldn't stand a chance running a pistol in one of my matches. Maybe it's easier on a PC rocking 200 FPS, everyone looks like a bot? lol..

I do miss running pistols in older titles. Shame cod is losing its fun factor going down this route with sbmm/eomm. I think MW will also bomb if nothing changes

6 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Didn't watch the entire video, just the beginning and skimmed through his pistol match.. is that meant to be a reverse boosted lobby or is he below average? I wouldn't stand a chance running a pistol in one of my matches. Maybe it's easier on a PC rocking 200 FPS, everyone looks like a bot? lol..

I do miss running pistols in older titles. Shame cod is losing its fun factor going down this route with sbmm/eomm. I think MW will also bomb if nothing changes

https://imgur.com/e2a3TXM

LOL, look at the scoreboard.  The team the youtuber was on completely trounced and dominated them.  And, it appears that Noj (top scorer) got the nuke.  Their algorithm blatantly stacks the teams like that can make the other team look like bots. Now they want to blame the victims by calling them Smurfs, LOL. They did not put themselves in that lobby the algorithm is.  Yet they cannot take responsibility for that. 3 out of 5 players on that team did well above average.  Yet, based on that rumor, those players would have been kicked from the match!!! This is comical!

Having said that, it appears that they are going to crack down on RB'ers.  But what he was saying is that it's not limited to just RB'ers.  From the information provided it's performant based on how well you are doing against the competitors the algorithm pitted you against.  And, he compared it to the SnapShot error we use to get in Vanguard when it was 1st released last year.  Where people complained that if they are doing really well got kicked from the server with that SnapShot error.

If this turns out to be true it will be one of the biggest scandals of 2022.  Imagine the number of reddit post, videos and other news outlets complaints that will be had.  When they find out they are kicking legit players from the match by calling everyone who cannot conform to their algorithm as 'smurfs' (whatever) because they are  "too good at the game". 

😆🤣😂

Lol yeah I don't see people getting booted on purpose happening tbh. Also I got that server snapshot error a lot, I thought it was related to a lot of streaks active in the larger game modes. It also happened to me quite a few times in matches I was going negative and my team was losing by a lot.

On 5/26/2022 at 6:46 AM, johnnytran said:

Lol yeah I don't see people getting booted on purpose happening tbh. Also I got that server snapshot error a lot, I thought it was related to a lot of streaks active in the larger game modes. It also happened to me quite a few times in matches I was going negative and my team was losing by a lot.

What you see and what they do will be 2 different things if that rumor turns out to be true.  Yes, the streaks played it's part in SS server error but it was mostly do to the amount of kills you got at one time.  But it had nothing to do with a lot of streaks

Here is a quick video only showing 1 streak kicking a player.  As you can see he got a "triple Ki.." before he was kicked.  And, I as well as others who reported it, never got that error when my team is doing bad.  So, I don't believe you there. The trigger point wasn't about how well you were doing at the time.  But how many kills you got within a certain time frame.  It didn't kick you for doing bad. 

Bro I am so sick of this!!! This happens every single time I’m destroying everyone on massive kill streaks, then right before the match even ends, it freezes with this damn error. They need to work on this ASAP. It’s taking a lot of fun time out of the game. Many times I’ve had to cut it off out of anger and do something else 😂

everytime I'm on a hot streak I get this error and really burns me up

Literally just happened to me on shipment when I was at like 55 kills, luckily the game saved weapon and level progress or else I would have smashed the dang controller

Happens on the ps4 as well I'm getting severely pissed because it seems to happen when I'm actually doing good

Every time i'm on a high K/D and call in my fire bombing run, i get this error. Does the game think we may be hacking and kick us out just in case??? It's just strange everyone who experiences it, is basically under the same senario; like it's prgrammed in....

3 kills away from a v2. Pain.

Everytime im streaking this happens. they better fix this with the next patch otherwise its battlefield until its fixed

Got this on shipment, was 5 kills off the v2 and at 170 kills 🤦🏼 such ...

And these are just from the comments on that video.  There are 100's of them out there showing this issue and comments on them mirror what I've quoted above.  That there is a direct correlation between doing well and getting that SS error.  In which, I do believe there is a direct correlation between SS error and the rumor they are going to start kicking people who are doing too good at the game.  Back then, IMO, that was a trial run, if that turns out to be true. 

But point being is that I don't believe you recall how the SS error was happening. And through some level of vagueness think it happens randomly when it didn't.  Now I will say this.  I was kicked with SS error when someone on my team was doing well also.  Although very rare I noticed it happened about twice.  But I was starting to pop off when it happened. 

LOL,

They completely removed splitscreen from MW2019 to prevent "duplicate accounts" and are ignoring complaints from legit players who have family and friends who use to play the game together (I've been told).

From my experience it had kicked me out a lot while I was doing well too, enough to believe it was due to my performance but it also happened during a few games I was losing/going negative. I remember these games clearly cause I'm usually not going negative lol. Anyway, this didn't make sense to me as I was under the assumption it only happens when you're doing well too. There were people tearing it up in the lobby so maybe the snapshot error boots everyone when someone in the match doesn't belong.

Strange that it hasn't been happening for a while now, probably months?

10 hours ago, johnnytran said:

From my experience it had kicked me out a lot while I was doing well too, enough to believe it was due to my performance but it also happened during a few games I was losing/going negative. I remember these games clearly cause I'm usually not going negative lol. Anyway, this didn't make sense to me as I was under the assumption it only happens when you're doing well too. There were people tearing it up in the lobby so maybe the snapshot error boots everyone when someone in the match doesn't belong.

Strange that it hasn't been happening for a while now, probably months?

What I believe is happening is that you can be kicked along with the offending legit player who is popping off if you were flagged. It happened to me and I was going positive and getting close to a 2.00 K/D when I was kicked.  However, I did recall someone popping off.  And, I took it as a challenge to see if I could catch up before I was kicked.  It was on Castle too.  For me Castle was a map I would see it happen the most. 

Like I said before, there were 100's of complaints.  All saying the same thing on youtube, reddit, and other forums.  They simply disabled whatever they were doing as a result of the backlash.  As people were figuring out there was a direct correlation between being kicked and doing "too good" as a legit player. 

This "feature" did absolutely nothing against cheaters.  I played matches were cheaters were getting 90+ kills and it never happened.  It only seem to happen with legit players who get multikills.   Be it killstreaks or using your weapon. 

I'm thinking that I am going to hold off on MW II until I see for myself if any of this manifests itself or not.  I already saw what happened in BF2042 and how arrogant that organization was.  To this day they refuse to make BF2042 play like regular BF.  So, I understand how delusional someone with a little bit of authority over a game's development can damage the reputation of that game. 

I made this decision once I realized they intentionally disabled split screen from MW2019.  I wanted to play a coop when I found out just recently.  I know it worked earlier this year.  I spent over an hour troubleshooting trying to figure out why "Add Controller for Split Screen" wasn't available. 

Here is a direct quote from someone posting on a video about the issue:

For anyone wondering, this issue started right after the Pacific update couple months ago. I play on Xbox and the split screen option has never appeared again. Atleast on Xbox you can play split screen, but only againts bots. This only works if you put offline mode on from the settings.

Let's be clear here. This isn't a tactical move to stop cheating.  IE: Walls, aimbots, charms, silent aim, spoofers, etc.  This is an attack on legit players trying to play MW with friends/family.   All because an accusation made about reverse boosting circumventing EOMM.  They would rather go after the innocent then fix their broken system which is the cause and effect of all of this and prevent actual cheating. 

This says a lot to me.  I don't know about you.  Therefore, I am going to hold off on MW II until I see an improvement in morality of the human condition.

I was planning on making 2 purchases of modern warfare II. I changed my mind once I found out they disabled split screen on mw2019. There are some of us who actually do this as a result of the people with consoles in our household. And there are some who buy three times. Like some of my neighbors. However, I'm going to have a conversation with friends and family today advising them that split screen was disabled in mw 2019 and that they might do it in mw II. 

I am absolutely positive that they do not want to spend almost $200 for just a game when they've disabled a critical feature that they buy the game for. It looks like they find their algorithm more important than making profit. Which goes back to the blunder of bf2042. In my opinion. 

😁