A Claim Is Made That Reverse Boosting Fixes Hit Rego, Lag Comp, Etc In Cod

East

This video had me wondering if anyone else can test this out?  In a nutshell this person is stating that all his hit rego, bullet reg, movement, etc was fixed when he reversed boost. 

• East changed the title to A Claim Is Made That Reverse Boosting Fixes Hit Rego, Lag Comp, Etc In Cod

I have noticed a few things he mentioned, random slowness movement like I'm struggling to sprint' ADS slower than normal hit registration just off for no reason. This happens when I have played 3-4 games did really well then suddenly its like the game is against me lol.

I think it's a bit far fetched, at least that influencing speed and hitreg is done on purpose.

Is the game rigged? Well yes. If you haven't played for say a month and you play your first game you will stomp the enemy no problem as the game's matchmaking algo is reset. Then after a few games it ups the ante until you start doing average.

Matchmaking this way induces several issues, one is that it takes longer to match up and the other that the higher skilled playerpool is geographically more diverse, so you get a lot more latency variation. That also means that you will see more issues with hit registration as the server applies it's latency balancing system more aggressively. I have tested this in the past playing on the same server, where sometimes you would get hitmarkers in 1-2 frames and other times in 4-5 frames, ie sometimes it took 66ms to get a hitmarker on a 40ms server while other times it took 133ms to get a hitmarker. 

The whole issue with CoD is that it is inherently a very low skill game, possibly the lowest skill game on the market, at least the last few iterations after the advanced movement era. if you pay attention to positioning and your angles you can easily find success. If you consider skill as a bell curve, most seasoned players will be slightly to the right of the mean distribution. That means there is a large group that is only slightly above average. If you would match randomly, there is a good chance that you have a lot more success as you can beat them on raw skill, ie play more offensive without regard to positioning etc. This goes away when EOMM/SBMM is tightened as now it's forcing you into that style.

There is also the perception. If you play bots you would not notice the variation in hit registration much as you win the gunfight anyway. But if you are in your own skill group, you face players that react just as fast and employ the same tactics as you would so it magnifies the situations where you think you should have won the fight but you didn't. Because the other guy might have been slightly faster but it didn't show on your screen. 

If you are in the slightly above average group you will also find people with better equipment, scuf controllers, better routers, playiing on monitors etc.  

7 hours ago, Bert said:

I think it's a bit far fetched, at least that influencing speed and hitreg is done on purpose.

Is the game rigged? Well yes. If you haven't played for say a month and you play your first game you will stomp the enemy no problem as the game's matchmaking algo is reset. Then after a few games it ups the ante until you start doing average.

Matchmaking this way induces several issues, one is that it takes longer to match up and the other that the higher skilled playerpool is geographically more diverse, so you get a lot more latency variation. That also means that you will see more issues with hit registration as the server applies it's latency balancing system more aggressively. I have tested this in the past playing on the same server, where sometimes you would get hitmarkers in 1-2 frames and other times in 4-5 frames, ie sometimes it took 66ms to get a hitmarker on a 40ms server while other times it took 133ms to get a hitmarker. 

The whole issue with CoD is that it is inherently a very low skill game, possibly the lowest skill game on the market, at least the last few iterations after the advanced movement era. if you pay attention to positioning and your angles you can easily find success. If you consider skill as a bell curve, most seasoned players will be slightly to the right of the mean distribution. That means there is a large group that is only slightly above average. If you would match randomly, there is a good chance that you have a lot more success as you can beat them on raw skill, ie play more offensive without regard to positioning etc. This goes away when EOMM/SBMM is tightened as now it's forcing you into that style.

There is also the perception. If you play bots you would not notice the variation in hit registration much as you win the gunfight anyway. But if you are in your own skill group, you face players that react just as fast and employ the same tactics as you would so it magnifies the situations where you think you should have won the fight but you didn't. Because the other guy might have been slightly faster but it didn't show on your screen. 

If you are in the slightly above average group you will also find people with better equipment, scuf controllers, better routers, playiing on monitors etc.  

I'm not in the mood for speculating hypotheticals.  So I decided to try this out myself to see what I noticed.  I went into this thinking this was at best placebo and didn't expect any real result to report or show.  I played 5 matches (back to back) in Cold War then went back to a regular match.  I then played 5 matches (back to back) in Vanguard then went back to a regular match.  I looked for any deviations in game play.  Again, do to the nature of that video I looked for something obvious.  Anything slight I left out of the equation.

And just as I thought the players were the same more or less.  I didn't find "bots" that didn't shoot back at me as found in those "influencer" youtube vids.  So, I don't know how those influencers are finding that kind of lobby.  Perhaps they lobby surf for quite a while or did something to their alt account I don't know.  However, after 5 matches in Cold War, (that I won with a k/d over 3) I went back to playing a regular match.

I instantly noticed a slow down in my movement reaction using the same character and weapon (same attachments).  Speed seems to be the same but initial movement was slowed down considerably.  Everything from running to aim down sight to going prone/crouch and firing the weapon. And there was something off with my shoots that didn't happen in the RB match.  In the RB match my shots were a laser beam.  But in the regular match they were all over the place with a combination of missing shots and shots simply not registering (as if my packets got to the server late and were disregarded). This caused me to  lose run-gun one-on-one gun fights that I should have won. With just about everyone on the opposite team.  Those were the most prevalent issues I noticed right away.  What I will say is that when I RB'd I won all 5 matches consecutively before going to a regular match.

Next, I played/won (again with a k/d over 3) 5 RB'd matches in Vanguard.  Then went back to regular matches. And, repeated the exact same experience I found in CW.  Except in Vanguard I couldn't see certain players at times.  When I watched the death cam they were there. But during the time of engagement they were invisible or very hard to see??  I caught myself saying "why didn't I see that person??" It only happened twice.  With 2 different opponents.  One was within 10' the other beyond 10'.  It was obvious so I reported on this. 

When I was playing RB'd matches they played "normal" to me.  I won and loss gun fights with no praise nor complaints.  It was only when I played a regular match after winning 5 in a row did I have complaints.  I have to admit those RB"d matched did give me some level of euphoria of the good ole days.  I just don't know how they were getting those bot lobbies. What I can say is that you have to try this if you are in the position to.  It is my opinion there is certainly something going on other then beating up "bots" when you reverse boost.

There are a few takeaways from this that I think should be mentioned.  Those 2 regular matches are not how I normally play the game.  It was the highest egregious form of hampering I've seen playing COD.  And, was unaware of how bad this game got. There is certainly something fishy going on when you win a few matches in a row.   I also didn't want to factor in how I normally play. As I wanted to isolate this experiment based on that video to see if I noticed a difference or not.  In those reverse boosted matches I only got 1 nuke in vanguard.  So, out of 10 match only 1 nuke for me.  However, I did have a lot of fun playing the other 9 matches then I did in my regular matches though.   I did find myself moving around those maps a whole lot more. And found myself liking maps and game modes I otherwise avoid playing before. 

However, those 2 matches that I loss were brutal.  I went 1.02 k/d in the 1st match and 0.50 k/d in the second match. Which is far below my usual average. I did get the impression that I was being held back more so then dealing with more experience players.

On 3/23/2022 at 4:51 AM, Seye said:

I have noticed a few things he mentioned, random slowness movement like I'm struggling to sprint' ADS slower than normal hit registration just off for no reason. This happens when I have played 3-4 games did really well then suddenly its like the game is against me lol.

Yeah, I did notice this after testing this out.  I am not sure what triggers this issue though.  I can only assume it has something to do with the number of consecutive matches you win.

2 hours ago, zman1156 said:

SBMM/EOMM , skill based hitreg and "bot lobbies" are all real  

Yesssir....

2 hours ago, zman1156 said:

Even though the video thumbnail is kind of click baity it does touch on some good stuff with Drift0r and Faze bloo talking about some of the stuff in this post even 

At 16:17 and 17:55 I am hearing similarities between your video and the video on the OP. 

I am really surprised that I am the only one who's tried this since posting the video in the op.  I know I am not the only one who has had problems with this game. Another point is that my xr router worked beautifully during those revered boosted matches.  Personally, using the tweaks I've obtained here really did kick in when I was at a ping of around 20ms.  I found myself bouncing around opponents who were still looking at where I was and not were I am at.  To finally see the lag on the enemy is what really got my attention.

Traffic Prioritization is a whole lot more active when I reverse boost. I am not sure what to make of that other then say that it works as intended when RB'ing. And I do seem to get better results with my Congestion Control settings vs off. 

And they blame the decline in sales on releasing a new cod every year LOL. Surely they can't be this stupid? They've obviously been going the wrong direction with cod, the backlash they got with MW19 and SBMM/disbanding lobbies was huge but it fell on deaf ears. They stuck with it for the next 2 iterations and what happened??

Maybe they'll wake up after the next cod if this continues. Hopefully another studio releases a cod killer in the meantime and activision can ead

9 hours ago, johnnytran said:

And they blame the decline in sales on releasing a new cod every year LOL. Surely they can't be this stupid? They've obviously been going the wrong direction with cod, the backlash they got with MW19 and SBMM/disbanding lobbies was huge but it fell on deaf ears. They stuck with it for the next 2 iterations and what happened??

Maybe they'll wake up after the next cod if this continues. Hopefully another studio releases a cod killer in the meantime and activision can ead

infinity ward is making this years cod modern warfare 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2022 at 6:44 AM, johnnytran said:

There are people like you and me who don't necessarily have the physical evidence to show COD MP is hampering us in real time.  But certainly have the Circumstantial (disbanding lobbies), Testimonial (like my prior post explaining my experience), Documentary (Activision's Patents showing exactly the same experience in game) and Demonstrative (exampled of it like the video showing players spawning behind you, etc) evidence to show it.  Even if some don't believe that this is real it's hard to ignore the surmountable information regarding it's existence. All pointing to the fact there is something going on with COD MP that is happening in real time. Which goes beyond any ISP, modem and router tweak. 

I remember back in the day before we called this sbmm, eomm, etc. we use to call it Lag Compensation!  And we knew, here on this forum, that if we have a lower ping and better tier of internet service the worst the lag was for you.  Back then, the major issue was latency and lag and not much else. Although other issues did exist.  Having a ping of 5ms to 25ms to the server/host would result in having issues firing, running, etc were you were "behind" everyone else including your own teammate.  Even though there were several "fixes" for it nothing was ever long term. 

One particular popular fix was to increase the lag on your own network (IE: download something while gaming).  Which evolved into other avenues.  In which there was some success but again, nothing long term.  And while others praised such "fixes" others saw no benefit at all.  To this day you have people using these "fixes" because in most cases they help them based on region, internet provider, etc.  I am not knocking this.  Just pointing out that this issue has been going on for a very long time.  It was simply called by another name and became a bit more advanced as the years passed by.

Regardless if you want to call this "Lag Comp", "SBMM" or "EOMM" it is clear that all of this stemmed mostly from playing call of duty multiplayer.  That's the biggest similarity I see in this phenomenon.  And, to this day never saw a universal fix for this using existing hardware/software until I tested and posted my results using RB'ing. 

The biggest hurdle to why some don't believe this is do to how it gas lights a player. If you either use cheats or a low skill player you won't have any idea of what is going on (although as of late cheaters are noticing they are being coalesced into the same lobbies).  I know this to be true because after my own testing I tried to play regular matches and found them to be much more difficult then before I started testing.  Which has remained in part to this day. 

You have to be a particular player in order to witness all of this.  A player who wins a lot and has a high overall k/d.  Most importantly show a spike in wins and increased k/d.  I invite any of you to reverse boost and win 5-10 rounds (with higher then normal k/d) in a row then go back to your own (non reverse boosted) lobby and see for yourself if that match is the same before the win streak or not.😅

The biggest 'gas light' I've found when you are being "altered" is increasing your aim down sight, aim down hip time and movement like going prone.  That alone can turn you into a bot.  If you see that your bullets are not registering you will simply leave the lobby.  The same goes for odd recoil problems as well as other obvious issues.  But a slight increase in hip/ADS time and increase in movement latency is very hard to detect. 😡  You will know something is off but won't be able to explain what's wrong.  Unless you begin to study this.  And the only way to do that is go back in forth between your regular lobbies and RB lobbies (at least for me it did).

But wait?  Isn't this stuff discussed in the patent? 🤔

Now, I understand why certain teammatess would squat up and down during the count down at the start of a match (in cold war). I used to mimic them. But I had no clue to why you do it. Now I know why. You do it to make sure that you don't have any odd input latency issues. If you squat up and down slower than the teammate beside you that would indicate a latency problem. You should leave the lobby and/or wait for a different time to play.  I don't know what the remedy is for that.

For example; the player besides you squats up down up down up down. Just liked you reading it. However, when you do it it's up... Down.. up... Down.. you are much slower than they are squatting. And no matter how much you mash that button you will not go any faster than what you see. While they are much faster than you. In such cases I would not play in that lobby.

Even if you don't believe any of this is true you can take that as the best way of knowing how well that match is going to play out for you.🤗

• 2 weeks later...
22 hours ago, johnnytran said:

A lot of people that have played cod for a long time have previously mentioned their player feeling sluggish some matches, kind of like running through mud. Are you saying the game is intentionally handicapping them? If so, what could be the reason? Some of these players that I've spoken to in the past aren't even good, so it can't be related to skill and a few high kd players (4-5+) I've asked haven't noticed anything like this (I guess that's why their KD is so high..)

This leads me to believe it's just something networking related with the game and the way it behaves with our connection set up. With the people that I've played with over the years, the ones that I come across in game having a huge advantage over me even when my connection is "great", have all had either crap internet (wireless or 4g) and ping 60ms+. I live in the same state as the servers and I feel I get the shit end of the stick every match cause my ping is low and stable. I've really struggle against people living further away e.g. Melbourne. One of the guys I used to play MW19 with was from there and when we'd play together it's like my game was delayed compared to his. I'd see a few people on my screen and I'd like to think I have quick reflexes but this guy would wipe them all out and I'd either get 1 or no hitmarkers on them. It's like they were already dead before I started shooting at them and this happened every match. I'd understand if he was on PC playing at like 200 FPS but we were both on ps4.

I personally can't play Vanguard without throttling my speeds a ridiculous amount and messing around with my mtu. No matter what router I use, with and without qos, matches are unplayable when bandwidth in uncapped,

From my experience this is a direct result of EOMM.  That muddy feeling that you talk about does not occur when I reverse boost. I only see it when I play regular matches.  I cannot explain why this is happening.  And, you are right it has nothing to do with overall skill set.  But perhaps how well you did last round.  Sometimes, we "pop off" in a round and do a rare 3.0-8.0 k/d for example (perform higher then your normally do) . It doesn't appear to be how well you are doing overall.  But how well you do in the last few matches. 

Appearing like it's a network issue is the gas lighting that I was talking about.  There is nothing wrong with your internet if other aspects of using the internet aren't effected.  You don't need to tweak network adapter settings.  I am telling you that after 24 hours examining this (and still am).  I can consistently tell the difference between my regular matches and RB matches. When it comes to fluidity. 

As for the "lower ping causes problems." Therefore, you must play the game with a higher ping...it's a farce as higher ping doesn't fix the issue like RB does.  Again, the issue isn't about your internet.  Netduma OS works flawlessly with COD.  Your internet provider is working as it should (otherwise people in your own block, building would have similiar problems).  All you can do is make sure your cabling isn't bent.  Replace any components associated with your internet cabling if you suspect an issue.  And reboot your modem/router.  Other then that your internet connection should be fine.  What I suspect is that they are using EOMM for ALL Players. I've gone back and forth between my reg. lobby and RB lobbies and things get better every time I go to my RB lobbies.

Here is another 'gaslighting ' effect.  IE: changing the MTU, throttling the up/down speed, lowering Speed from 1000Gbps to 100Gbps, going from full duplex to half duplex to simulate wireless connectivity, changing the transmit and receive buffers, decreasing input latency, using VPns, etc.  They all make the game play well for awhile.  For me after about 24 hours of use.  After that the movement feels muddy again, shoots aren't registering, etc.  Everything goes right back to were I started.  It's like the game is learning that I've changed something and is compensating is my best guess.

I've read about those "tweaks".  So, I tried it for myself and after 2 years it doesn't work for fixing COD's inconsistencies.  We are trying the same tweaks to "fix COD" over and over and over again expecting a different result.  Because we found it impossible to believe that the game is causing these issues.  That EOMM is undoubtedly real. What fixes it, for now, is reverse boosting (at least for me). 

But when I RB it's a consistent experience.  No, ifs, ands or buts about it.  I've spent 2 years with those tweaks since MW2019 which was the worst offender.  And I can tell you they don't work in the long term (at least for me). 

Let me explain it another way.  I was told that 'the best" underbarrel attachment in Vanguard is the SMLE Pistol Grip.  I couldn't agree as when I used it (in my regular lobbies) it was trash.  It added recoil/inaccuracy and made the weapon unusable at anything beyond close range.  And I was still slower with my sprint to fire speed.  I use this same attachment in a RB lobby and the SMLE Pistol Grip is a TOP Tier Attachment.  Doing what it suppose to do with sprint to fire speed.  I can run and gun with a LMG with this  under barrel attachment in a RB lobby and play just fine.  But its the worst attachment otherwise in a regular lobby.  

In regular lobbies the negative effects of an attachment are more pronounced.  But in reverse  boost lobbies the positives are more pronounced.

Packet manipulation could do a lot of things in COD. However making your character slow ain't one of them. Once that fundamental principle is accepted can things be more clear. It takes altering the game itself to make your character perform slower. Not packet loss. Or packet manipulation.

Am I making sense?

Agree with everything you said, I believe a lot of us are experiencing the same thing. I recall in one of the previous titles, nearly every match I'd find while queuing solo was terrible but when I'd join someone's party the matches they'd find felt smoother which lead me to believe whatever they're doing could be happening while searching for a match.. which would explain why it had been taking a while most of the time.

I only started noticing things like the attachment scenario you mentioned since MW19. Sometimes I could beam people from across the map with an SMG, easily tracking and landing all my shots and other times it would kick all over the place with the same attachments. It was common to see people being able to outrun my bullets like their hitbox was slightly off their player model but when things "worked" my aim/bullets were stuck to the player.

I still feel connection set up does play a part. How else do the same people feel quite a few frames ahead of you in every single cod? Surely they can't sprint out, ADS and shoot enough bullets faster then I can pull the trigger while already being ADS? Why do their character models always have a hitbox that doesn't feel where it should? How do they cop 4-5 bullets point blank, 3 of which landed before they even hit me with 1 bullet (I have recordings), then magically kill me? I don't think EOMM ever effects them, at least not when I'm vs them..

8 hours ago, johnnytran said:

Agree with everything you said, I believe a lot of us are experiencing the same thing. I recall in one of the previous titles, nearly every match I'd find while queuing solo was terrible but when I'd join someone's party the matches they'd find felt smoother which lead me to believe whatever they're doing could be happening while searching for a match.. which would explain why it had been taking a while most of the time.

I only started noticing things like the attachment scenario you mentioned since MW19. Sometimes I could beam people from across the map with an SMG, easily tracking and landing all my shots and other times it would kick all over the place with the same attachments. It was common to see people being able to outrun my bullets like their hitbox was slightly off their player model but when things "worked" my aim/bullets were stuck to the player.

I still feel connection set up does play a part. How else do the same people feel quite a few frames ahead of you in every single cod? Surely they can't sprint out, ADS and shoot enough bullets faster then I can pull the trigger while already being ADS? Why do their character models always have a hitbox that doesn't feel where it should? How do they cop 4-5 bullets point blank, 3 of which landed before they even hit me with 1 bullet (I have recordings), then magically kill me? I don't think EOMM ever effects them, at least not when I'm vs them..

Hey, we can debate back and forth about it.  I can only tell you my experience.  While you believe there is some sort of "connection issue" I've been at bliss playing vanguard, cold war and MW2019 for the past few (what is it...) weeks now?!   And, I have nothing to complain about.  If you have the resources I suggest you read up on how to reverse boost the proper way and try it for yourself.  Because at this point I would only be repeating what I've already said.  

EOMM can cripple you to the point were playing against low skill players can be a challenge. In MW2019  I had a player who always would be able to flank behind me. The last time he did it his 6-8 bullets took me to 20 health. I was still able to turn around and kill him. I then killed him again. And then he left. His bullets weren't having the full effect back then. Now I've only experienced this a handful of times. 

Since I started this I am of the opinion that they are negatively effecting your character's ability to function in COD.  IE: taking more time to ADS, decrease bullet damage, increase latency to movement speed, and anything else they've come up with.  More so, then anything else.  Not to say they are doing just that. This is what I noticed.  

Did you see some of this used in the so called anti cheat? God Shield, Invisbilty, recoil, etc

Watch this video but pay attention to the 6:00 mark.  It's all speculative however, doesn't some of what you see "cheaters" go through something you, as a legit player, seen all along? IE: God Mode Shield. Just food for thought.  All I wanted to point out is that they've always had the ability to change/manipulate/alter/condition the dynamics of your character and/or game in real time. 

And this is what they've confirmed so far.  I am sure there is more to come. But I show this to stimulate your critical thinking skills.  Not to add to the conspiracy.  What I know is what I know but it's only based on how I'm "balanced" in COD using my regular lobbies.  For you its going to be slightly different.

I've seen the god mode shield but it's usually on the same people every time I vs them and it's been happening before this anticheat system. If they've gone through the efforts of using a XIM or the other cheat devices around I'm sure they know how to mess with their connection. A few of these player's player models always seem to not be moving fluidly, kind of like they have a micro stutter and bullets don't register on them properly. If I ever come cross it in Vanguard I'll post a video up.

I definitely think there is some manipulation happening during our matches, how many times have you had matches where everything's going smooth, your team is winning then all of a sudden you seem to be getting a lot of hitmarkers, the enemy is melting and you end up losing the match? It would happen a lot to me in cold war but I haven't noticed it much in Vanguard.

Funny you mention the crippling against low skill players. This was very obvious in BO4, there were days when I'd vs the same people I would normally dance around/drop nukes on but all of a sudden they were MLG pros. Here I am, 3.5KD master prestige getting absolutely demolished by 0.5 - 0.6KD players. Couple days later, I'm back to winning all my gunfights against them.

10 hours ago, East said:

EOMM can cripple you to the point were playing against low skill players can be a challenge. In MW2019  I had a player who always would be able to flank behind me. The last time he did it his 6-8 bullets took me to 20 health. I was still able to turn around and kill him. I then killed him again. And then he left. His bullets weren't having the full effect back then. Now I've only experienced this a handful of times. 

18 hours ago, johnnytran said:

I've seen the god mode shield but it's usually on the same people every time I vs them and it's been happening before this anticheat system. If they've gone through the efforts of using a XIM or the other cheat devices around I'm sure they know how to mess with their connection. A few of these player's player models always seem to not be moving fluidly, kind of like they have a micro stutter and bullets don't register on them properly. If I ever come cross it in Vanguard I'll post a video up.

I definitely think there is some manipulation happening during our matches, how many times have you had matches where everything's going smooth, your team is winning then all of a sudden you seem to be getting a lot of hitmarkers, the enemy is melting and you end up losing the match? It would happen a lot to me in cold war but I haven't noticed it much in Vanguard.

Funny you mention the crippling against low skill players. This was very obvious in BO4, there were days when I'd vs the same people I would normally dance around/drop nukes on but all of a sudden they were MLG pros. Here I am, 3.5KD master prestige getting absolutely demolished by 0.5 - 0.6KD players. Couple days later, I'm back to winning all my gunfights against them.

Duma OS does a outstanding job playing COD with 2 different gaming platforms.  Are you able to invest in reverse boosting?

@East I think Warzone also uses some form of EOMM. I noticed allmost all things mentioned in the vid. It is always interesting how the hitreg feels awesome and the movement smooth in the preround and than the round begins it is often a laggy mess and hitreg is on holiday.

How do you reverse boost? What is your method?