Nighthawk Pro Gaming Router's Owner's tired of waiting over 2 year's for firmware release and nothing yet

On 3/4/2022 at 5:00 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for letting me know, when we've got a beta firmware to release we'll let you guys know how we're going to distribute it, keep an eye out!

Hopefully soon!

1 hour ago, ryekye said:

Hopefully very soon does this firmware include the mobile version?

Nevermind - I was wrong. Mobile view will be present in the next version but depending on when the Nighthawk app gets updated it might not be accessible right away.

I'm speaking with the team to see if we can get access to the mobile view via the web browser so the guys that test the beta version can have a play with it, I don't think that should be a problem.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Nevermind - I was wrong. Mobile view will be present in the next version but depending on when the Nighthawk app gets updated it might not be accessible right away.

I'm speaking with the team to see if we can get access to the mobile view via the web browser so the guys that test the beta version can have a play with it, I don't think that should be a problem.

Sounds good to me I'll gladly test it out and let u guys know of any problems with it and hopefully the firmware comes very soon trying to test it out and see if it helps my gaming with the new ping optimizer!

23 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Any ETA on firmware release beta wise? Hopefully soon!

On 3/18/2022 at 4:59 AM, Dialatech said:

I will happily test any beta firmware's. Ive not used my XR500 since march last year so it might be a good use case for you guys!

Hopefully it's very soon one releases! I've been waiting cuz of all the problems with my xr500!

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, [email protected] said:

hi Netduma people,

Any news on the XR1000 firmware?  I will happily test beta code to resurrect this expensive brick.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We don't give out any ETAs but development is going well so I'm hopeful it won't be too much longer to wait

On 3/22/2022 at 1:10 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We don't give out any ETAs but development is going well so I'm hopeful it won't be too much longer to wait

How about the xr500? I'm waiting to try ping optimizer out and my xr500 is giving me problems alot it's slow!

• Administrators
32 minutes ago, ryekye said:

How about the xr500? I'm waiting to try ping optimizer out and my xr500 is giving me problems alot it's slow!

Same for the 500 - Ping Optimizer adds a rule to Traffic Prioritization essentially so you can just add a rule there to have the same affect. If you start a new topic about the slowness you're experiencing we can help out.

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Same for the 500 - Ping Optimizer adds a rule to Traffic Prioritization essentially so you can just add a rule there to have the same affect. If you start a new topic about the slowness you're experiencing we can help out.

Ok I'll do that!

On 3/9/2022 at 1:59 PM, Netduma Liam said:

The firmware is currently going through testing and bug fixing, we'll put that through our endurance testing suite for a long period of time to see if we can replicate the DHCP issue and uncover any others. We'll probably also give that firmware out as a beta when possible to see if it fixes problems for you guys.

@Netduma Liam @Netduma Fraser

Any progress on a release Beta for XR700 ?

I never had a DHCP issue with my XR700 btw

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, Mobel said:

@Netduma Liam @Netduma Fraser

Any progress on a release Beta for XR700 ?

I never had a DHCP issue with my XR700 btw

Going pretty well, we made a new build recently that we're testing, I think we need to fix a few issues from that, re-test, then provide to Netgear for their checks etc.

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Going pretty well, we made a new build recently that we're testing, I think we need to fix a few issues from that, re-test, then provide to Netgear for their checks etc.

How about the xr500 one?

On 3/29/2022 at 4:39 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

As far as I'm aware, the next XR1000 firmware won't be put into beta, it'll just be automatically pushed to your unit when ready.

What about xr500 is there supposed to be a beta or just a regular update?

6 minutes ago, ryekye said:

What about xr500 is there supposed to be a beta or just a regular update?

I believe so though I'm not entirely sure just yet. Once it's passed our testing we'll have a better idea, we'll keep you all up to date.