Hybrid VPN connected but no internet

JoshTheLuz

9 hours ago, SUSxSPENSE said:

Any update on this. Having same problem. I also don't know what alot of it means.

Can you open a separate topic for you issue and provide as much detail as possible?

Include who your VPN provider is and how you've setup Hybrid VPN, using either the basic or advanced config.

• Administrators
6 hours ago, JoshTheLuz said:

man sorry to bother you but is time

Don't be sorry at all! Our VPN dev got COVID so he has been at home most of the time and is now catching up with urgent tasks but has assured me he'll get to it when he is able to, ping me in a week or so if I don't respond before then and I can chase.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/15/2022 at 7:35 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Don't be sorry at all! Our VPN dev got COVID so he has been at home most of the time and is now catching up with urgent tasks but has assured me he'll get to it when he is able to, ping me in a week or so if I don't respond before then and I can chase.

Any news? Open vpn is locked at 10 mbps I really need wireguard 

12 minutes ago, JoshTheLuz said:

Wireguard has been on the R2 since the last update. With open VPN it is easy to bypass low bandwidth. Just put VPN only on the game ports you use!

17 minutes ago, JoshTheLuz said:

Can you try using the below format:

[Interface]
Address= 10.185.32.238
PrivateKey= <yourPrivateKeyHere>
ListenPort= 1637
dns= 10.128.0.1

[Peer]
PublicKey = <yourPublicKeyHere>
Endpoint = 173.44.55.178:1637
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

Let me know how you get on with that.

• Administrators

Thanks for the video, couple of things to try:

1. The endpoint in our example is completely different to the endpoint generated by the provider but you didn't copy that one into the example so you'll need to do that.
  2. You may need to copy over the preshared key as well.
  3. We've had reports that disabling IPv6 in WAN/LAN Settings can make it work also.

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the video, couple of things to try:

1. The endpoint in our example is completely different to the endpoint generated by the provider but you didn't copy that one into the example so you'll need to do that.
  2. You may need to copy over the preshared key as well.
  3. We've had reports that disabling IPv6 in WAN/LAN Settings can make it work also.

Ummmhhhh  🤔🤔🤔

VIDEO DELETED FOR PRIVACY REASONS

• Administrators

Thanks, IPv6 should definitely be disabled in LAN/WAN so how you had it initially is best. Then the IPv4 DNS in the config should match the DNS you put in the VPN menu, do not put the IPv6 DNS there because you're not using that so it may just complicate matters. By this point it should be connected and is loading pages. So the last thing is the IP address not changing - it's actually common for the IP address to get cached on the web browser so double check the IP in an Incognito window or better yet just restart the PC.

If that all fails then try putting the shared key in the config also.

Ok, something changed. Now internet is working everything seems to be connected and working but the ip doesnt change still my real

IMAGES DELETED FOR PRIVACY REASONS

1 minute ago, JoshTheLuz said:

if you solve this im gonna kiss your hands man

Don't count on me but rather on the Netduma developers! I personally never managed to get internet access via my WG server from R2 yet! But no doubt that others have succeeded!

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay great thanks, so now the IP issue, what is the model of the modem/router connected to the R2 and how is that setup with the R2 e.g. DMZ, Bridge/modem mode?

this crap. 

Connected to netduma r2 using Ethernet cable cat5

IMAGES DELETED FOR PRIVACY REASONS

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so it's a modem/router, have you put it in modem/bridge mode or put the R2 WAN IP in the DMZ? If not you will need to do so and then hopefully that will resolve the issue.

there is no way to enter the control panel of the main router is property of the landholder, shit man ok let me try to login in it

• Administrators

It's possible they haven't changed the interface username/password, according to the internet you may be able to access via:

Username: user
Password: user

Otherwise you may need to contact the landlord to access it, it is probable that it is blocking the VPN and by putting it in modem/bridge mode or putting the WAN IP in the DMZ that will allow all traffic to pass freely back and forth without the Ubee interfering and thereby allowing the VPN to work.

No man this is more crazy than you think, i actually tried to format it using a toothpick and then tried to login using admin admin and it didnt work.

So i searched in internet and basically i have to use the toothpick for 30 sec then without removing it unplug the internet cable physically, wait 15 sec more, let the router reset and then it should work is called hard reset which is even more powerful than a normal reset.

Then inst finished! i will have to go to 192.168.100.1 and put admin admin  but all of this without connecting internet 

This is because the router is managed and blocked by the peruvian damned telephone carrier.
And im gonna do this like at 4am because the entire 5 floor condo is connected to this damn router via 3 damned ethernet cables so i cannot work when they are awake this is a nightmare and all of this do you know why? because warzone doesnt have servers in peru and the closest one is in miami (70ms) im exploding man

10 hours ago, JoshTheLuz said:

No man this is more crazy than you think, i actually tried to format it using a toothpick and then tried to login using admin admin and it didnt work.

So i searched in internet and basically i have to use the toothpick for 30 sec then without removing it unplug the internet cable physically, wait 15 sec more, let the router reset and then it should work is called hard reset which is even more powerful than a normal reset.

Then inst finished! i will have to go to 192.168.100.1 and put admin admin  but all of this without connecting internet 

This is because the router is managed and blocked by the peruvian damned telephone carrier.
And im gonna do this like at 4am because the entire 5 floor condo is connected to this damn router via 3 damned ethernet cables so i cannot work when they are awake this is a nightmare and all of this do you know why? because warzone doesnt have servers in peru and the closest one is in miami (70ms) im exploding man

OK, well I'd probably suggest seeking the permission of the landlord before doing this. Let us know if you need anything else from our side.

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2022 at 3:04 AM, Netduma Liam said:

OK, well I'd probably suggest seeking the permission of the landlord before doing this. Let us know if you need anything else from our side.

im finally here with some good news i changed apartment and i got optical fiber with full access to the router.
So i can actually change the DMZ settings and enable it.
So, is finally time to go full wireguard.
can you help me on that?

First thing i tried to do was paste this in netduma hybridvpn section and try to connect:

[Interface]
Address = 10.152.176.95/10, fd7d:76ee:e68f:a993:5bf:9503:eff7:f1b7/48
PrivateKey =
DNS = 10.128.0.1, fd7d:76ee:e68f:a993::1

[Peer]
PublicKey =
PresharedKey = 1sfam0q0Bc4DKoG6fHEndbqQMNnMx0BAtgIpBcX6wb8=
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0, ::/0
PersistentKeepalive = 15

and of course it failed, so, i guess you guys have to be that kind to rewrite that for me in order to make this work.

Also, this image is the DMZ section in my router just to be sure:

Untitled.jpg

• Administrators

[Interface]
Address= 10.152.176.95/10
PrivateKey= <yourPrivateKeyHere>
ListenPort= 1637
dns= 10.128.0.1

[Peer]
PublicKey = <yourPublicKeyHere>
PresharedKey = 1sfam0q0Bc4DKoG6fHEndbqQMNnMx0BAtgIpBcX6wb8=