Hybrid VPN connected but no internet

JoshTheLuz

11 hours ago, JoshTheLuz said:

Ok this is so crazy that I decided to take a video of it because is unbelievable:

https://youtu.be/FFxvsWUzStY

help

If you disable Hybrid VPN, you then don't have any issues browsing the web, correct?

Whereabouts is the VPN server you're connecting to and who is your VPN provider?

I made another video to explain you because to write is just crazy and unbelievable specially for me cuz english isnt my mother tongue:

PS: Sorry for the length of the video i remind you that you can put 2x speed on youtube

https://youtu.be/qqpgTyDANbs

SOLVED IT WAS THE DNS SO I OVERRIDE WITH THE VPN DNS AND IT IS WORKING!!

But there is a kind of a weird fact, why is the vpn speed around 10 megabit? Same vpn in my iphone connected under same WiFi goes around 100..

• Administrators

Great to hear that! Its due to OpenVPN, we've implemented Wireguard, if you use that you can get around 100Mbps. HybridVPN was designed so you can apply the VPN to specific applications/services/ports you want protected on a device so the rest of the device can get full speeds without the VPN

• Administrators

Try this instead, I've removed the config you provided and the keys, please add them into the config

[Interface]
Address = 10.185.32.238
PrivateKey = 
ListenPort = 443
DNS = 10.128.0.1

[Peer]
PublicKey = 
Endpoint = 173.44.55.178:1637
AllowedIPs = 0.0.0.0/0

• Administrators

I don't have the config you provided anymore, above where PrivateKey and PublicKey are blank go on the config you have and copy the respective keys, paste them into the one I provided then copy the whole thing and put it in HybridVPN

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I don't have the config you provided anymore, above where PrivateKey and PublicKey are blank go on the config you have and copy the respective keys, paste them into the one I provided then copy the whole thing and put it in HybridVPN

Ok man, i just did that and doesnt work it says failed

Untitled.jpg

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What VPN provider are you using for wireguard?

AirVPN man (And in case you wonder is working cuz I tried to setup a wireguard connection using the wireguard app in IOS using the conf non modified by you and it worked)

• Administrators

Okay so I found your file in my recent notepad files and I've tried every variation I can think of to get it working and haven't been able to. The VPN dev did say there was an issue with the validation function and that it was made too strict which we'll fix but that's why the example above has to be followed. I'll have to pass this onto him but he is now off for the holidays so I'd suggest going back to OpenVPN and leaving it to me, when I get some info I'll let you know.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay so I found your file in my recent notepad files and I've tried every variation I can think of to get it working and haven't been able to. The VPN dev did say there was an issue with the validation function and that it was made too strict which we'll fix but that's why the example above has to be followed. I'll have to pass this onto him but he is now off for the holidays so I'd suggest going back to OpenVPN and leaving it to me, when I get some info I'll let you know.

I cannot connect open vpn, because if I connect open vpn then I will have to modify the dns under: 

network settings/WAN/network/dns override

and doing so all the devices connected to my netduma that I haven’t “allowed” in hybrid vpn will lose connection so I can’t do that 

43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay that all looks fine, enter the DNS in the override setting, then reboot the router from the interface, wait 2 minutes, then do the devices get internet?

After 10 reboots and 3 factory reset it worked. 
the trick is to factory reset the rounder and as soon as it fresh started try to connect the vpn putting also the dns but this is crazy and took a lot of time to realize is like 0 user friendly 

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, JoshTheLuz said:

After 10 reboots and 3 factory reset it worked. 
the trick is to factory reset the rounder and as soon as it fresh started try to connect the vpn putting also the dns but this is crazy and took a lot of time to realize is like 0 user friendly 

Glad to hear you got it working, Wireguard is very new in this version and there are some bugs around OpenVPN as well but we are working on HybridVPN to improve it so keep an eye out

On 12/23/2021 at 12:21 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

can you let me know?

• 3 weeks later...