Hybrid VPN connected but no internet

JoshTheLuz

15 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Does your connection require PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers?

I’ve disabled ipv6 on both and it doesn’t work.

Maybe this could be interesting tho:

C0575017-3F4E-4DB5-8F8E-0B21592B0E5F.jpeg

6E835E94-19CE-4E71-867D-418A260B173F.jpeg

7FE8C295-B277-4343-BE14-0DF93BDD7B84.jpeg

11203697-EAC9-4E76-8186-7BEF2078E1FD.jpeg

• Administrators

So the Movistar is handling PPPoE and VLAN, you haven't put the R2 in its DMZ which could be preventing it working so copy the WAN IP from the System Information page and put it in there then try again

On 4/14/2022 at 5:10 AM, Netduma Liam said:

That's odd, I used the exact same config file on the exact same firmware and it works.

Does your connection require PPPoE, VLAN or DHCP identifiers?

Are you using IPv6? If so could you please disable it in both the LAN and WAN settings then try again?

I can’t modify the DMZ address in the r2 I can only add but I cannot cancel the “ 192.168.77”

I should replace that with: 100.70.143.87 but I cannot delete it 

image.jpg

image.jpg

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I mean copy the WAN IP from the System Information page on the R2 and input that into the Movistar DMZ

Did it it doesn’t work, maybe wrong wan interface? Which one is it? 

image.jpg

• Administrators

The WAN part is correct, what do you mean it didn't work exactly as in the VPN didn't connect after that?

If you're setting those details on the R2 then you also need to set the VLAN on the WAN General tab. You then need to put the movistar in bridge mode otherwise you won't get a connection, then try again.

37 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The WAN part is correct, what do you mean it didn't work exactly as in the VPN didn't connect after that?

If you're setting those details on the R2 then you also need to set the VLAN on the WAN General tab. You then need to put the movistar in bridge mode otherwise you won't get a connection, then try again.

man honestly my head is exploding,i dont understand anything im like a super boomer, would you mind if one of those days you enter in my pc using teamwiever and try by yourself to do this? i can set up a teamwiever session hope you help me, this thread in the forum is going on too long and im almost loosing hope

• Administrators
43 minutes ago, JoshTheLuz said:

man honestly my head is exploding,i dont understand anything im like a super boomer, would you mind if one of those days you enter in my pc using teamwiever and try by yourself to do this? i can set up a teamwiever session hope you help me, this thread in the forum is going on too long and im almost loosing hope

What part are you confused about exactly? We can explain it in another way. Basically this screenshot you shared:

2 hours ago, JoshTheLuz said:

472D1AE8-A1D0-4CE5-BC0A-A41119948640.jpeg  

shows the information the Movistar uses to connect to the internet, without it you can't get internet. The R2 doesn't need this information because the Movistar is handling it. If you now want to put that information into the R2 then you have to make it so the Movistar isn't using it, so by putting it in bridge mode it essentially makes the Movistar pass all traffic to the R2. The Movistar should have a modem/bridge or IP Passthrough mode, should just be a case of enabling it. 

Assuming you've done that, you have already put the PPPoE details into the R2 but you may be missing the VLAN ID (10) which you need to put in the R2 as well.

So on the WAN Settings of the R2 which you added above, click General, toggle on VLAN and put in the number 10. Then apply, reboot the R2 and you should have internet and can try the VPN again.

We can't provide that kind of support as we're only a small team.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What part are you confused about exactly? We can explain it in another way. Basically this screenshot you shared:

shows the information the Movistar uses to connect to the internet, without it you can't get internet. The R2 doesn't need this information because the Movistar is handling it. If you now want to put that information into the R2 then you have to make it so the Movistar isn't using it, so by putting it in bridge mode it essentially makes the Movistar pass all traffic to the R2. The Movistar should have a modem/bridge or IP Passthrough mode, should just be a case of enabling it. 

Assuming you've done that, you have already put the PPPoE details into the R2 but you may be missing the VLAN ID (10) which you need to put in the R2 as well.

So on the WAN Settings of the R2 which you added above, click General, toggle on VLAN and put in the number 10. Then apply, reboot the R2 and you should have internet and can try the VPN again.

We can't provide that kind of support as we're only a small team.

The problem is that if I put the movistar in bridge this happens as shown in the photo:

C6C546DC-8D30-4173-B963-6F5ADAFBE518.png

If I put bridge and set VLAN ID 10 and no connection, like that I don’t have internet

• Administrators

What do you mean this happens exactly? What you've shown there looks fine, enable PPPoE Passthrough as well though. It may be that with VLAN and PPPoE enabled there that you don't need it in the R2. In which case try the VPN in that scenario, if it isn't working then go back to that page and disable VLAN and PPPoE for bridge, then set it on the R2 and try again.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What do you mean this happens exactly? What you've shown there looks fine, enable PPPoE Passthrough as well though. It may be that with VLAN and PPPoE enabled there that you don't need it in the R2. In which case try the VPN in that scenario, if it isn't working then go back to that page and disable VLAN and PPPoE for bridge, then set it on the R2 and try again.

• Administrators

I will try to explain it in easy to follow steps in order:

Movistar:

1. Switch to Bridge
  2. Disable VLAN
  3. Enable PPPoE passthrough

R2:

1. Set VLAN as 10 & save
  2. Set PPPoE details & save
  3. Reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes
  4. See if you have internet
  5. Test VPN

You had the PPPoE details on the R2 previously, were they not the right details? You can either get them from the Movistar before you switch it to bridge mode or contact the Internet Provider for them.

What didn't work exactly when you set the DMZ on the Movistar previously? We never followed up on that part.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

You had the PPPoE details on the R2 previously, were they not the right details? You can either get them from the Movistar before you switch it to bridge mode or contact the Internet Provider for them.

The problem is the details of the pppoe are obfuscated the password is obfuscated. 
so what I did was to change the password in the Moviestar deleting the pppoe password and replacing with my password and then save it hoping that doing so i actually changed the password, could this work? 

look the password is obfuscated, do you want me to try to just delete it and replace with an invented password?

A01DAF34-F4FD-4895-89B7-0F1181D17AE9.png