Wifi keeps dropping

4 hours ago, D3mon1c said:

Is there any settings to either turn on/off to fix this problem entirely because I noticed I lose wifi for like a split second then it reconnects instantly all the time 

Let us know the answers to Newfie's queries when you get a chance, in addition could you also confirm that this is only happening on wireless devices, not on wired?

Which router are you experiencing this on exactly, the XR1000?

Sounds like you are using the 2.4ghz.

Is the device dropping when you are close to the router or is it dropping when you are for example a few rooms always from the router?

How is your WiFi setup, is it using smart control for example? 

• Administrators

Do you have another router you can check with to see if the moto loses connection from that as well? 

I found this, it should give you some suggestions to follow that may resolve the issue:

https://motorola-global-portal.custhelp.com/app/utils/guided_assistant/g_id/6833

Sorry to kinda hijack this thread but I've had the same issue over the last few weeks. My internet will drop on certain devices and will reconnect. My apple tv is almost useless, not sure why, but i cant connect almost every time i use it.  my roommates devices cut out like his xbox (only stream tv or movies on it) laptop and phone. my console is direct connect and hasn't had much issues, but all other devices are wireless.

@Newfie is what you mentioned above "smart control" like the smart connect wifi option? where it auto switches between 2g & 5g? 

@Netduma Liam I have noticed half of the devices that are connected to the router are named correctly and some are not.

@Netduma Fraser I have used my old netgear nighthawk R7000 and I have not had an issue with any dropped connections. 

I had my ISP come out to rewire some outlets due to low speed a month ago but still having some issues. Im going today to swap my modem for a new one which should help the slower speeds I've been getting but not sure if that will fix the random dropped internet. 

• Administrators
57 minutes ago, Bcobz said:

Sorry to kinda hijack this thread but I've had the same issue over the last few weeks. My internet will drop on certain devices and will reconnect. My apple tv is almost useless, not sure why, but i cant connect almost every time i use it.  my roommates devices cut out like his xbox (only stream tv or movies on it) laptop and phone. my console is direct connect and hasn't had much issues, but all other devices are wireless.

@Newfie is what you mentioned above "smart control" like the smart connect wifi option? where it auto switches between 2g & 5g? 

@Netduma Liam I have noticed half of the devices that are connected to the router are named correctly and some are not.

@Netduma Fraser I have used my old netgear nighthawk R7000 and I have not had an issue with any dropped connections. 

I had my ISP come out to rewire some outlets due to low speed a month ago but still having some issues. Im going today to swap my modem for a new one which should help the slower speeds I've been getting but not sure if that will fix the random dropped internet. 

I'm assuming you're using the R2 on the very latest firmware .394 and performed a factory reset after it successfully upgraded?

Change DHCP lease hours to 168, change DHCP start value from .2 to .50 then reserve IPs for devices between .2 - .49, reboot from the interface and see if it works better after that.

I just factory reset my router. Fw has been .394 

I noticed that my wan up says disconnected. How do I fix that?

Also I have no idea where to change the DCHP Start values

• Administrators
11 hours ago, Bcobz said:

I just factory reset my router. Fw has been .394 

I noticed that my wan up says disconnected. How do I fix that?

Also I have no idea where to change the DCHP Start values

Means it's not getting an IP address from your ISP modem/router, what model is that?

You go to LAN > DHCP and you can do it from there

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Means it's not getting an IP address from your ISP modem/router, what model is that?

got it. I factory reset the router, waited for it to come on, then reset modem (waited 2mins) - plugged in the router (waited 5 mins before connecting any devices) - plugged in mac directly into router and in the dumaOS was able to find internet connection to not have to go thru the WAN set up option. 

For the start times. The LAN option is in dumaOS? i was able to change the DHCP lease hrs to 168.

Screen Shot 2021-12-15 at 6.41.36 PM.png

11 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The internet hasnt been bad at all since f-reset and changed the DHCP lease time. @Netduma Fraser

10 hours ago, Bcobz said:

The internet hasnt been bad at all since f-reset and changed the DHCP lease time. @Netduma Fraser

That's good, are all the devices showing as 'unnamed device' Apple devices? If so, could you please go to the Wi-Fi settings and disable 'Private address' for each of these on the R2 Wi-Fi network? This feature isn't particularly important for home networks and stops the R2 seeing a lot of information about your device.