Disconnection from internet.

There is a problem with my router, or the firmware itself, is that the DumaOS says that it is connected to internet but my devices won't get internet connection. This is third time now happened since I updated the firmware to .130. I had to restart the router to make it able to recognize the internet connection. I had called my ISP while this happened and they said that there was nothing wrong with  the interet connection from their end. And as soon as I restarted the router, my devices got internet connection, while I was talking to my ISP in my phone. Why is this happening? 

55 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear this. Are you able to access the interface when this occurs? What's indicating to you that the router still has a connection.

Yes I was able to access the interface. In the "Internet Satus" was showing that it was connected, everthing.

I have had this twice as well on .130 firmware. White light stays on and status says connected.

Was just letting it run to keep an eye on it, maybe it was coincidence. But if more users are reporting this issue it might be due to the firmware.

• Administrators

Was it happening on the beta version? Can you provide the logs when a disconnect happens? 

If the router is staying connected then might be the devices themselves losing connection, likely due to DHCP renewal. Change the DHCP range to start at .50 instead of .2 then give devices reserved IPs between .2 - .49, reboot from the interface and see if it is more stable

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes they will, they were already aware of it and have collected a lot of logs from users and since the new firmware arrived we've been pushing for these issues to be resolved as quickly as possible

It's happening again, but this time, I have made that all my devices is using WiFi and they getting internet, but using through LAN they don't recieve internet.

21 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Was it happening on the beta version? Can you provide the logs when a disconnect happens? 

If the router is staying connected then might be the devices themselves losing connection, likely due to DHCP renewal. Change the DHCP range to start at .50 instead of .2 then give devices reserved IPs between .2 - .49, reboot from the interface and see if it is more stable

Okie, now all my devices using LAN is recieving internet, thanks Fraser!

Will this get fixed in the new upcoming beta?

• Administrators

We need to discuss further with Netgear and see where they are at with it so I can't say for certain, glad it's resolved for the moment. Check the IP on your device manually, then double check the device you think it is on the Device Manager has the same IP - might be you're prioritizing the wrong device without realizing.

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We need to discuss further with Netgear and see where they are at with it so I can't say for certain, glad it's resolved for the moment. Check the IP on your device manually, then double check the device you think it is on the Device Manager has the same IP - might be you're prioritizing the wrong device without realizing.

Honestly I wonder how they greenlight this firmware with a breaking bug on such a basic feature.

It says a lot about this company

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes, you were wright, fixed it now.

By the way, the problem just occured again, devices lost connectio to internet, restarted the router, the devices got internet connection again. Then this has to be another issue.

are you guys gonna release another beta firmare to XR500? Because I have started thinking to refund the XR500 router.

1 hour ago, Comp0za_ said:

By the way, the problem just occured again, devices lost connectio to internet, restarted the router, the devices got internet connection again. Then this has to be another issue.

are you guys gonna release another beta firmare to XR500? Because I have started thinking to refund the XR500 router.

It won't be beta as far as I'm aware, the next firmware will be another full release. I'll chase up the team I've spoken to at Netgear to see where we are with it.

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

It won't be beta as far as I'm aware, the next firmware will be another full release. I'll chase up the team I've spoken to at Netgear to see where we are with it.

Could you also chase them regarding the issue preventing to ssh/Samba a computer connected by wifi from one connected by lan please?