XR1000 Geo-Filter XSX Apex Legends

Hello, I just can't seem to figure out exactly what i'm doing incorrectly in regards to my geofilter on apex legends.

My setup: XboxSeriesX->XR1000->CM1000v2

From my PC I'm also hardwired and so you can assume a similar chain.

I'm using my hardwired PC with Chrome when i make changes in my router.

I've specifically enabled everything in site settings (on chrome) for the router login page.

I noticed when i first purchased the geofilter and ran Apex Legends (on my xbox series x) that a the start screen when i would open the "DATA CENTER'S" it would show a -1 Ping to any of the servers I had blocked. I haven't seen that again since.

My geofilter map looks kinda lifeless i'm not observing a connection to the server that i'm connected to via the "Auto Ping host" setting.

Ping Assist is set to "0"

I'm using polygon mode.

In device manager my XSX is labled as a "GAMES CONSOLE" under TYPE.

I have my IP address  reserved for my XSX on DumaOs. I also have my PC address reserved as well.(Not sure if that info is relevant)

I have tried the factory reset and guide plenty of times idk what else to try.

Thanks in advance!

One more thing my router is a XR1000(WAVEBROADBAND) 

Firmware Version 1.0.54.10_5.0.11

DumaOS Version 3.0.213

Thanks for all the detail, that's really helpful.

Could you please share a screenshot of how you currently have Geo-filter setup? You should definitely be seeing something on the map and you should also be able to see servers not responding in the Apex server menu.

• Administrators

Try this and see if it works:

1. Quit the game completely - so go back to console dashboard
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  5. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up game

Yup still the same effect. It is still not showing any blocked servers on apex legends at the data centers option. I did however manage to capture a couple blips on the geofilter by sitting at my PC and watching the filter while someone else plays games. Here's what i was able to capture. The auto ping host option seems to be doing nothing because i wasn't able to actually see those servers stats. Lmk if i should try something else. I'm considering factory resetting it again to see if it will make a difference. 

GF1HostNotPinging.jpg

geofilterautoping.jpg

GFhost.jpg

I keep coming up with this:   https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR1000-1RNNAS-WAVE.aspx#Firmware Version 1.0.54.10 and then also this:  https://www.netgear.com/support/product/XR1000.aspx#Firmware Version 1.0.0.58

Which one am i supposed to use? I tried just clicking the "CHECK" for updates in administration tab in the router and it keeps saying it's up to date. Am i supposed to ignore that and just assume its wrong?

• Administrators

Interesting, thanks for that, do you have WAVE broadband then? You're the first person we've come across with this so I'm talking to the team to try and find the differences between the firmware. If you actually get into a game on Apex do you see a server on the Geo-Filter Map?

Yes i have WAVE broadband as my ISP which is also where i obtained the XR1000 router from.

When i load into a game it shows a single blip (like in the most recent 3 pictures above) but it almost immediately disappears.

It also doesn't auto-ping the host nor does it display any info of any kind about the server within the geofilter tab.

9 hours ago, taiyoutamaki said:

Yes i have WAVE broadband as my ISP which is also where i obtained the XR1000 router from.

When i load into a game it shows a single blip (like in the most recent 3 pictures above) but it almost immediately disappears.

It also doesn't auto-ping the host nor does it display any info of any kind about the server within the geofilter tab.

That's fine, you can upgrade to this firmware: https://kb.netgear.com/000063915/XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-58

After doing so please factory reset the XR and let me know if you're still having the same issue.

14 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That's fine, you can upgrade to this firmware: https://kb.netgear.com/000063915/XR1000-Firmware-Version-1-0-0-58

After doing so please factory reset the XR and let me know if you're still having the same issue.

Everytime I try to upload the .chk file for 1.0.0.58 firmware it says: "routerlogin.net didn’t send any data."

I'm not sure what I'm doing incorrectly I followed this guide: https://kb.netgear.com/23960/How-do-I-manually-update-the-firmware-on-my-NETGEAR-router

Here are my steps:

1. Download the file 1.0.0.58

2.Extract file

3.Login into routerlogin.net

4.Select administration

5.Click on "Router update" tab

6. Click Browse & and choose the extracted .chk file

7.Click upload

On 11/10/2021 at 3:28 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, thanks for that, do you have WAVE broadband then? You're the first person we've come across with this so I'm talking to the team to try and find the differences between the firmware. If you actually get into a game on Apex do you see a server on the Geo-Filter Map?

Yes i have Wave. I had someone else play apex on my xbox while i sat here and observed the Geo-filter all i saw was a blip like in this picture below. i have auto ping host enabled and it doesn't display any information in the Auto Ping panel in the bottom right of the screen.

GF1HostNotPinging.jpg

14 hours ago, taiyoutamaki said:

Yes i have Wave. I had someone else play apex on my xbox while i sat here and observed the Geo-filter all i saw was a blip like in this picture below. i have auto ping host enabled and it doesn't display any information in the Auto Ping panel in the bottom right of the screen.

Interesting, I've actually been speaking with Netgear and it seems like there isn't a newer firmware version available for you at the moment, there should be soon though. Apologies for the confusion.

For your issue, could you please test a different game and see if that's filtering correctly? I'm interested as to whether this is an issue with Geo-filter or with Apex specifically.

• 2 months later...
  • Administrators
6 minutes ago, ItsMadJohn said:

Hi Fraser and no nothing at all. i have reset both pc and deleted the geo filter works with CoD but not Apex.

Try this:

1. Quit the application/game/client completely
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Give PC PlayStation Device Type in the Device Manager
  4. Resync from the Geo-Filter Map menu
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter with the manual option
  6. Set up the Geo-Filter how you like
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up application/game/client

Then see if it works.

20 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try this: