QoS: Necessary?

Hi

I own both R2 and XR1000.  Both are good and when it comes to 1GB speed XR1000 does well.  But I have question like if I connect only one device to my internet connection do I still need QoS?  

Thanks

Badri M

1 hour ago, badrisuper said:

Hi

I own both R2 and XR1000.  Both are good and when it comes to 1GB speed XR1000 does well.  But I have question like if I connect only one device to my internet connection do I still need QoS?  

Thanks

Badri M

If there's only one device connected, then no you won't need QoS. Though it is recommended to have all devices on the network connected to DumaOS so you can then take advantage of QoS.

On 9/24/2021 at 4:25 PM, dpk_ydv said:

Also If you are doing cloud gaming like Gforce now, or google stadia, enabling QOS would give you a consistent gameplay since cloud gaming required lot of bandwidth 

I use cloud gaming service shadow - now in traffic prio when I set up the ports I have a notice saying cant remember word for word but if your using this for high bandwith application you may experience lag? now can someone help set this up as shadow is using around 25mb/s. Thanks

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, yquzac said:

I use cloud gaming service shadow - now in traffic prio when I set up the ports I have a notice saying cant remember word for word but if your using this for high bandwith application you may experience lag? now can someone help set this up as shadow is using around 25mb/s. Thanks

It would cause lag for other devices potentially as it's a lot of Bandwidth bypassing Congestion Control - it wouldn't cause lag for what is being prioritized. It is up to you whether you would want to do this, if not then you can just set Congestion Control. If you want to use it then look up the ports they use and set them as destination, use 1-65535 for source.

2 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It would cause lag for other devices potentially as it's a lot of Bandwidth bypassing Congestion Control - it wouldn't cause lag for what is being prioritized. It is up to you whether you would want to do this, if not then you can just set Congestion Control. If you want to use it then look up the ports they use and set them as destination, use 1-65535 for source.

does it natter what wireless type it is eg, gaming voice or video etc ? 

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, yquzac said:

does it natter what wireless type it is eg, gaming voice or video etc ? 

Use normal if the device is wired, if WiFi that's a good point as it's kind of both, go with video as it is a higher bandwidth application. You can select Apply to WAN as it may improve performance if the ISP supports it.