Netduma R2 low internet and high ping

JustKingRuslan

I cant seem to fix my internet I tried to factory rest Netduma R2 but that didnt work I used to get 12 ping but now its 50 ping. I had 30 mb then when I factory rest it. It went back up to 150 mb but my ping is still high. I havent change anything at all I turned off IPV6 and STP protocal but that didnt help ether. And now when I try the speed test it redirects me to a server in Michigan even thought im in ohio and far away from it. 

Screenshot 2021-09-20 225343.png

Speed tests to servers can be a bit iffy and your location is down to your isp and your address. Sometimes I’m not in my area but that’s not a concern to be honest.

If your base ping has risen, there are several ways of getting a rough idea like pinging or using PingPlotter it could indicate an issue with your isp/line. PingPlotter is a handy tool to see what’s going on so well worth a try. 
Are you able to connect to your isp equipment to check to see if your line has an issue?

17 hours ago, Newfie said:

Speed tests to servers can be a bit iffy and your location is down to your isp and your address. Sometimes I’m not in my area but that’s not a concern to be honest.

If your base ping has risen, there are several ways of getting a rough idea like pinging or using PingPlotter it could indicate an issue with your isp/line. PingPlotter is a handy tool to see what’s going on so well worth a try. 
Are you able to connect to your isp equipment to check to see if your line has an issue?

I tested it and its not much better than what I had when I tested it only just 8 ping lower. my ping is still somewhat high I always got around 12. Is there anything else I could do??

On 9/22/2021 at 1:35 AM, Newfie said:

How are you testing your base ping?

Are you using WiFi or are you wired up?

Did you test as Fuzy suggested?

Im just using wifi. I always was able to have around 15 ping whenever I went to the web but lately its been very slow and I have no clue why. I never had a problem like this. Again I factory rest my router and my downlead speed did go up from 30mb back to around 130 mb. Here is what I got when I tested pingplotter. I have no clue what most of these mean but maybe you guys can tell me.

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the model of the modem/router the R2 is connected to? Are ALL devices connected to the R2?

Most of my devices are connected after I factory rest. Not all of them since it was fairly recent. This is my modem https://www.amazon.com/MOTOROLA-Certified-Comcast-Spectrum-BrightHouse/dp/B01A1E6BA2/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=MB7420&qid=1632367653&s=electronics&sr=1-3

It really needs to be a wired connection for ping plotter, there is a latency issue as it’s carried from the first hop and continues through all the hops. 
Wifi has inherent limitations plus you have other devices connected to your isp router. 
The R2 really needs to handle all devices though and that’s a starting point then you need to connect up wired and see what your results are.

Latency from the first hop carried through points to your network. 

• Administrators

Also for your ping plotter plots we really need to see the bottom graph as that will show us if there are any issues. Some ISPs get a bit weird when a new router is connected, ping and speed can be impacted for a little while when this happens. If you copy the MAC address of your old router and make the R2 use it instead then test, does it seem any better?