NetDuma R2 keeps disconnecting internet

Adapt

On 8/31/2021 at 6:01 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Could you forget the R2 Wi-Fi network from your phone and re-connect to it, such that you need to enter the password again?

I had to join Via the "other network" option on my iPhone. Alright after testing both 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz wifi, they both cut my internet out when I use YouTube on my iPhone. I did everything you guys listed above. 

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, Adapt said:

I had to join Via the "other network" option on my iPhone. Alright after testing both 2.4 GHz & 5 GHz wifi, they both cut my internet out when I use YouTube on my iPhone. I did everything you guys listed above. 

Interesting, is it just YouTube from what you can see that affects it? Are you using Adblocker? If so did you add a manual entry for YouTube?

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, is it just YouTube from what you can see that affects it? Are you using Adblocker? If so did you add a manual entry for YouTube?

Yea my internet has only disconnected from the duma when using the YouTube app. I'm not using the adblocker in the dumaos

22 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Interesting, please grab the logs from the System Information page when this occurs, there should be an entry(ies) that match up with the disconnection

Usually I'm not able to access the NetDuma interface when the internet disconnects & my computer disconnects as well, but I was just able to grab the log as the internet wasn't working on my phone. Should I post it here? 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah, the log cuts off before then unfortunately. Could you enable remote support in Settings please and post back here connected to the R2 when you've done that. I think we'll need to get a dev to take a look

This is the issue as well. I tried looking into this a while back and its still the reason my R2 is sitting on my shelf.

On 9/2/2021 at 2:50 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Ah, the log cuts off before then unfortunately. Could you enable remote support in Settings please and post back here connected to the R2 when you've done that. I think we'll need to get a dev to take a look

Hello I was unable to respond right away because my computer was getting repaired so I couldn't access the OS. I just enabled "Allow Remote Access to Tech Support."

But yea, when I watch a YouTube video on my phone it completely cuts out my internet once or twice a day. Also when this happens, I can't access the Duma interface nor my modem's interface as if they crashed or something. I'm not doing anything funky or running ad blockers, it just cuts my internet out if I watch a YouTube video connected to the duma.

Could this be linked with the modem model?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Adapt said:

Hello I was unable to respond right away because my computer was getting repaired so I couldn't access the OS. I just enabled "Allow Remote Access to Tech Support."

But yea, when I watch a YouTube video on my phone it completely cuts out my internet once or twice a day. Also when this happens, I can't access the Duma interface nor my modem's interface as if they crashed or something. I'm not doing anything funky or running ad blockers, it just cuts my internet out if I watch a YouTube video connected to the duma.

Thanks for that, I've let a dev know so they should remote connect to the router and enable some more logging, then once done we'll ask you to trigger the issue so we can see what is happening. I doubt it but you could try without modem mode and see if it makes a difference.

2 hours ago, Adapt said:

We don't appear to be able to access your R2 I'm afraid.

Did you hit "Save General" after enabling remote access?

Are you posting to the forum from a device that's directly connected to the R2?

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

We don't appear to be able to access your R2 I'm afraid.

Did you hit "Save General" after enabling remote access?

Are you posting to the forum from a device that's directly connected to the R2?

Yea I saved it but the duma crashed again in the morning. It crashes mostly in the morning if I watch a few youtube videos or at random times watching youtube videos. I just restarted it along with my modem so it should be working now.

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, I've let a dev know so they should remote connect to the router and enable some more logging, then once done we'll ask you to trigger the issue so we can see what is happening. I doubt it but you could try without modem mode and see if it makes a difference.

Take off bridge only mode?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Adapt said:

Yea I saved it but the duma crashed again in the morning. It crashes mostly in the morning if I watch a few youtube videos or at random times watching youtube videos. I just restarted it along with my modem so it should be working now.

1 hour ago, Adapt said:

Take off bridge only mode?

Okay thanks, I've let them know. Lets leave taking it off bridge mode for now so we can connect and have a look at what's causing it, I doubt the modem would be causing it to crash in that mode.

1 minute ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay thanks, I've let them know. Lets leave taking it off bridge mode for now so we can connect and have a look at what's causing it, I doubt the modem would be causing it to crash in that mode.

Alright sounds great, also I sometimes use the geofilter + VPN (only directed to my pc) while I'm playing games, but I turn them off once I'm done. I've had them off the majority of times that the duma has disconnected. Only once or twice I forgot they were on and the duma disconnected. But I've strictly tested the duma multiple times with both features off. Only times I've noticed it disconnect is when I watch YouTube videos

• Administrators
59 minutes ago, Adapt said:

Alright sounds great, also I sometimes use the geofilter + VPN (only directed to my pc) while I'm playing games, but I turn them off once I'm done. I've had them off the majority of times that the duma has disconnected. Only once or twice I forgot they were on and the duma disconnected. But I've strictly tested the duma multiple times with both features off. Only times I've noticed it disconnect is when I watch YouTube videos

Thanks a lot for the info, if the devs need anything else we'll be sure to let you know.

7 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

We've enabled some remote logging on your R2, could you please post here next time the problem occurs and we can go and check what happened exactly.

Ok sounds good

On 9/9/2021 at 5:35 AM, Netduma Liam said:

We've enabled some remote logging on your R2, could you please post here next time the problem occurs and we can go and check what happened exactly.

Hey it cut out at 5:31 PM PST today. I haven't been using YouTube as much on my phone, so I wasn't able to get a crash until today. Also I have to restart the Duma and my Modem every time it happens to use the internet again.

• Administrators
9 hours ago, Adapt said:

Hey it cut out at 5:31 PM PST today. I haven't been using YouTube as much on my phone, so I wasn't able to get a crash until today. Also I have to restart the Duma and my Modem every time it happens to use the internet again.

Okay thank you, I've asked a dev to take a look at the remote logs.