NetDuma R2 keeps disconnecting internet

Adapt

Hello my netduma R2 keeps disconnecting the internet connection. I’m still able to connect to the Wi-Fi network, however it disconnects the internet at random times during the day. Only solution at the moment is restarting both the router and modem. I previously used the XR1000 and experienced no internet problems.

Network Path:
PC → Router → Modem → ISP

Router: NetDuma R2 3.0.205i
Modem (Bridged only mode): technicolor DPC3848V

QoS, Geo-Filter, & Hybrid VPN are all off. Also I just got the NetDuma R2 last week.

7 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Are you able to access the DumaOS interface when it disconnects? If so, could you grab a log file from the System Information page when the problem is occurring?

No, unfortunately I can't even access the DumaOS interface when it disconnects 

12 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I've sent you a PM, please see if that helps and let us know.

Internet disconnected at 7:27 PM PST. Same issue. What I noticed is that it only disconnects when I'm using my iPhone X, haven't had it disconnect while using my PC.

7 hours ago, Adapt said:

Internet disconnected at 7:27 PM PST. Same issue. What I noticed is that it only disconnects when I'm using my iPhone X, haven't had it disconnect while using my PC.

Hmm - that seems like it would be a coincidence to me. You could double check by going to the Wi-Fi settings on the iPhone, tap the (i) next to the R2 network and disable Private addresses. See if it still disconnects after that.

Yea internet still disconnects, and I have to restart the modem and netduma R2 router to fix it. It's like there's something causing the internet to crash because I never had any problems with the XR1000 and I used it for months without any issues, but not sure what it is with the R2.

1 hour ago, Adapt said:

Yea, it has disconnected 3 times while using the YouTube app. Other times I would be on google or what not.

Do you have the Wi-Fi channels split in separate SSIDs? If not, could you please do this by going to Network Settings -> LAN -> Wi-Fi and toggle "Mirror settings on both 2.4 and 5GHz". Give the two different names and connect the iPhone to the 5Ghz and see if it disconnects. If it does, try the 2.4 and see if the same is true.

On 8/26/2021 at 3:51 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Do you have the Wi-Fi channels split in separate SSIDs? If not, could you please do this by going to Network Settings -> LAN -> Wi-Fi and toggle "Mirror settings on both 2.4 and 5GHz". Give the two different names and connect the iPhone to the 5Ghz and see if it disconnects. If it does, try the 2.4 and see if the same is true.

Update: Alright, so this worked for a bit (or maybe I stopped watching as many YT videos on my phone), but it still disconnected. However, I had both networks save on my phone so I think it went back to the 5g network (the one that disconnected the most). I'm going to try again and keep you guys updated!

I am having a similar issue. I contacted my ISP and they assured me we were receiving service. I plug my laptop into the modem and it works. Once connected to my R2, it says all devices are connected but none of them have internet. I reset and did a factory reset and nothing worked.

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, AMiller14 said:

I am having a similar issue. I contacted my ISP and they assured me we were receiving service. I plug my laptop into the modem and it works. Once connected to my R2, it says all devices are connected but none of them have internet. I reset and did a factory reset and nothing worked.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Sorry to hear you're having this issue. What is your ISP modem/router model exactly?

7 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for that, in the R2 WAN/LAN settings disable IPv6 and reboot from the interface, wait 2 minutes before accessing/connecting and see whether it is more stable then please

I can’t even connect to the settings. It says “Could not detect internet connection”

I even have my laptop hardlined into the router as well.

513B98A8-2D6E-4B66-844A-2BEB330A98D1.jpeg

18 minutes ago, AMiller14 said:

I can’t even connect to the settings. It says “Could not detect internet connection”

I even have my laptop hardlined into the router as well.

513B98A8-2D6E-4B66-844A-2BEB330A98D1.jpeg

I was able to login and do the given steps and it is still not working.

On 8/26/2021 at 3:51 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Hey now I can't even connect to the wifi from my iPhone. I reset the network settings in the iphone, turned off "private address," and restarted both my router and modem. Every time I try to connect via my phone, I get "Unable to connect to network." Is the duma blocking my phone by any chance?

13 hours ago, AMiller14 said:

No 

After accessing the interface, give the R2 a reboot from the three-dot menu in the top right. You won't need to do the initial setup again but you should have internet access. If you don't, could you confirm if the WAN light in blinking on the R2? It's the second light from the left, next to the power light.

2 hours ago, Adapt said:

Also i can connect to the network if I enable the "Guest Wifi." I just can't connect to the regular netduma wifi

Could you forget the R2 Wi-Fi network from your phone and re-connect to it, such that you need to enter the password again?