uPNP can not be enabled on new .58 firmware update for the XR1000

BlingTheory

6 hours ago, BlingTheory said:

I upgraded my firmware on the XR1000 (from 1.0.0.52 to 1.0.0.58) and found that I can no longer enable uPNP. Is anyone else getting this issue?

Welcome to the forum!

Did you factory reset the XR after the upgrade? This is recommended to clear anything that could've been potentially left over from the previous update.

2 hours ago, MrRelentlessUK said:

I have the same issue even with a factory reset 

Does it show as enabled and is just not doing anything, or is the option grey'd out? What are you seeing exactly in your Network settings? Do you have NAT filtering set to Open or Secured?

33 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Does it show as enabled and is just not doing anything, or is the option grey'd out? What are you seeing exactly in your Network settings? Do you have NAT filtering set to Open or Secured?

The option for UPnP is available, Tick the box and press apply and it just reverts back to off 

Nat filtering is set to secured 

Same on my XR1000- upnp can't be turned on.

I did not even know that there was an update. COD cold war game started to be very laggy. Probably there are more issues with the new firmware.

I  went back to 1.0.0.52, game runs ok again.

• Administrators
7 minutes ago, Jackal235 said:

Same on my XR1000- upnp can't be turned on.

I did not even know that there was an update. COD cold war game started to be very laggy. Probably there are more issues with the new firmware.

I  went back to 1.0.0.52, game runs ok again.

It will be enabled as it's enabled by default so it's more likely to be a visual issue - recommended to do a factory reset after an upgrade and that would likely resolve the lag

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators
4 hours ago, Harley said:

Same problem. Sorry I just posted a separate thread for this. Did anyone find any more info on this problem??

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I just replied to your topic, it is a known issue and should be enabled by default even if it doesn't appear to be

14 hours ago, [email protected] said:

This is not just a visual issue, I know it is not running even after factory reset based on my Plex server not open to outside connection when only UPnp set, I still have to port forward to have outside connections

Thanks for confirming this!

4 hours ago, Harley said:

The problem is that I clicked on it a few times so I have no idea what it is set to.

I don't think it's being enabled at all, so regardless of how many times you click it it's still disabled.

• 4 months later...

I am having this issue now. Latest firmware.

UPnP will not stay on. I check the box, and click Apply and it automatically unchecks the box again upon hitting the Apply button.

Why hasn't this been fixed yet? It's impossible to tell if UPnP is actually working or not. Some people have been claiming that it's most definitely not working.

8 hours ago, xen said:

I am having this issue now. Latest firmware.

UPnP will not stay on. I check the box, and click Apply and it automatically unchecks the box again upon hitting the Apply button.

Why hasn't this been fixed yet? It's impossible to tell if UPnP is actually working or not. Some people have been claiming that it's most definitely not working.

From a backend perspective, it's working. However, if you do have any NAT issues or issues with specific services not working please do let us know.

NETGEAR are well aware of the issue and should have it fixed for the next firmware. Thanks for letting us know!

1 hour ago, Netduma Liam said:

From a backend perspective, it's working. However, if you do have any NAT issues or issues with specific services not working please do let us know.

NETGEAR are well aware of the issue and should have it fixed for the next firmware. Thanks for letting us know!

Thank you for this information. Do you have an estimated date when there next firmware will be available?

15 hours ago, ReconX said:

Can anyone help me with setting this up, I just received it in the mail, went through the setup in the interface but it’s still saying I have no internet access 

After completing the initial setup, sometimes you need to give the R2 a quick reboot for it to pickup an IP from the upstream modem. Try that and let us know if you have any further issues!