Server Disconnect mid game Warzone

Johnny40

Hi, I was wondering if you could help me out.  Lately I have been getting some pretty bad lag mid game in warzone.  Not noticing a problem with my internet anywhere else and when I'm doing a internet test I'm getting an A+ in all three categories.  I have my GEO search on and set to 69 miles and 30 ping.  WHen I look in the Geo Filter lower right which shows me the current ping of the server it says - lost server connection.  Its been happening intermittently lately and seems to be getting worse.  Happened in game on a 3 V 4 and when it cleared up i died in the gas.  Anyhow just looking for any possible issues to get help with.  I also noticed that I had my AD Blocker on my PC - not sure if that would mess with anything in game.  Lastly I am hardwired directly to the netduma r2.   Any help would be greatly appreciated.   

• Administrators

The Geo-Filter ping panel says lost server connection? Can you provide a screenshot of this happening please? Do you notice the ping in game spiking as well? Regarding Adblocker is that the Adblocker on the router or the web browser?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The Geo-Filter ping panel says lost server connection? Can you provide a screenshot of this happening please? Do you notice the ping in game spiking as well? Regarding Adblocker is that the Adblocker on the router or the web browser?

Hi, I didn't have my phone handy as I was kicking and screaming while it was happening in game lol.  I will try and get a picture of it tonight if I get a chance to get on. It was in the section of the GEO filter that gives me the option to allow certain servers and shows the tick rate and ping of the server I am on - while i was having the issue that section went from telling me the info on the server to Server Disconnect, then once I came back online and found my player dead it showed reconnected to the server -   The ping in game did not move as far as what I can see in my upper left corner of my in game screen which shows the computer stats like FPS ( I run two monitors one with the game and other with Netduma GEO filter).  The Adblocker is the one from the NetDuma Router, I dont have anything other then that for an Adblocker. 

9 hours ago, Johnny40 said:

Hi, I didn't have my phone handy as I was kicking and screaming while it was happening in game lol.  I will try and get a picture of it tonight if I get a chance to get on. It was in the section of the GEO filter that gives me the option to allow certain servers and shows the tick rate and ping of the server I am on - while i was having the issue that section went from telling me the info on the server to Server Disconnect, then once I came back online and found my player dead it showed reconnected to the server -   The ping in game did not move as far as what I can see in my upper left corner of my in game screen which shows the computer stats like FPS ( I run two monitors one with the game and other with Netduma GEO filter).  The Adblocker is the one from the NetDuma Router, I dont have anything other then that for an Adblocker. 

OK thanks, let us know if it occurs again. Is your Geo-filter location set over you local area or is it somewhere else? Also, how do you have QoS setup?

On 7/15/2021 at 3:02 AM, Netduma Liam said:

OK thanks, let us know if it occurs again. Is your Geo-filter location set over you local area or is it somewhere else? Also, how do you have QoS setup?

Didn't get a chance to get on last night but should be hoping on later today.  - I set the GEO Filter distance to 69, dropped the search circle in the pacific ocean and set my lag to 30 ping.  Saw a video on that to help with long lobby waits and it has been working great for a few months.  But now I'm having this lag issue mid game in Warzone.  I'm curious if the game is switching servers or hosts in the game and maybe its a higher ping then I have set and my router is fighting it.  

• Administrators
14 minutes ago, Johnny40 said:

Didn't get a chance to get on last night but should be hoping on later today.  - I set the GEO Filter distance to 69, dropped the search circle in the pacific ocean and set my lag to 30 ping.  Saw a video on that to help with long lobby waits and it has been working great for a few months.  But now I'm having this lag issue mid game in Warzone.  I'm curious if the game is switching servers or hosts in the game and maybe its a higher ping then I have set and my router is fighting it.  

That is quite possible, after you get in a game try putting the Ping Assist up and see whether that prevents it - try it on 60 

Still happened on 60, I turned ping assist off and I was not having a problem.  But didnt play that long to  really test it out.  Its odd, my teammates also cant hear me when this happens - when the lag is introduced. 

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, Johnny40 said:

Still happened on 60, I turned ping assist off and I was not having a problem.  But didnt play that long to  really test it out.  Its odd, my teammates also cant hear me when this happens - when the lag is introduced. 

Interesting, check the Ping shown by the Geo-Filter after that point and see how it differs. Have you added them to the allow list? 

4 hours ago, Johnny40 said:

no I havent, I went in and deleted all of the allowed servers list - was not sure if it was causing the problem so I deleted them. will try and add them back on as I play.

OK great, let us know. When your friends join your party, watch the GF map and allow anything that pops up pretty much.