Lag Switcher protection.

I am not a software engineer so I wont know the full extent to what I am about to say. But, lag switchers has become a world wide pandemic in cyber gaming. How difficult would it be to create a feature on the DumaOs to where it would protect you from Lag switchers in any online game. For example, like a reverse Uno card feature to where if you face a Lag switcher, you reflect it back to him making him lag on himself.

Been facing tons of Lag switchers in Destiny 2 and Call of Duty. Really it is in every competitive game, and after thinking about routers in general it is a technology that has not been keeping up with the advancements of online interactions. And really if anyone come up with this feature for any router, it would sell like hot cakes if it works. 

7 minutes ago, Lipe said:

Been facing tons of Lag switchers in Destiny 2 and Call of Duty. Really it is in every competitive game, and after thinking about routers in general it is a technology that has not been keeping up with the advancements of online interactions. And really if anyone come up with this feature for any router, it would sell like hot cakes if it works. 

That's interesting, how do you know they're using a lag switch? As far as I'm aware it stopped being a thing in CoD when they moved to server-based matchmaking, hence why I haven't seen it in so many years. I don't see how it could be reversed to one specific player as it's essentially just one player making a sending a huge amount of UDP packets, and you'd need a bot-net scale of UDP packets to flood a dedicated matchmaking server.

Oh its easy, you can easily see recent videos on youtube of Destiny 2 players lag Switching people, like I watch a video that was only 3 weeks old. And I am not 100% sure, I find it weird during gameplay running around on not lagging, but once I aim down and about to 1v1 someone, I start to lag and boom dead.... and I got high speed internet playing in 20ping games. And those who I believe are lag switching have flawless title for trials. And about COD, don't play as much compared to Destiny 2, but really been prevalent on Destiny 2. 

1 hour ago, Lipe said:

Oh its easy, you can easily see recent videos on youtube of Destiny 2 players lag Switching people, like I watch a video that was only 3 weeks old. And I am not 100% sure, I find it weird during gameplay running around on not lagging, but once I aim down and about to 1v1 someone, I start to lag and boom dead.... and I got high speed internet playing in 20ping games. And those who I believe are lag switching have flawless title for trials. And about COD, don't play as much compared to Destiny 2, but really been prevalent on Destiny 2. 

Yup some one lag switched on me today its like night and day when it happens.its a very cheap tacktic for a terrible player.

I would rather lose a gun fight.

Exactly, and I thought Lag switching couldn't be possible in Destiny 2, since now it is by server connectivity rather than p2p. Unless they are lag switching the whole server just to get that 1v1 win. 🤷‍♂️ I dont know, here is another idea. What if a feature that can detect lag switchers, there has to be some kind of signature trace or marker they leave of after a kill like hunting an animal, at least having some closure that this individual won by pressing his Lag Switcher.  

Lag switching is only posible in games that use p2p hosting. And the one doing the lagswitching needs to be the host.

The host just disconnects their internet for a small timeframe.

There is nothing you can do against that as in reversing the lag or anything from your end.

2 hours ago, Bert said:

Lag switching is only posible in games that use p2p hosting. And the one doing the lagswitching needs to be the host.

The host just disconnects their internet for a small timeframe.

There is nothing you can do against that as in reversing the lag or anything from your end.

agreed that means some thing odd going on in destiny 2

It's possible that Destiny may still have an issue with Lag switching as their infrastructure isn't like the conventional server-based matchmaking, unfortunately as Bert said there isn't an awful lot you can do about it I'm afraid, just make sure you report players who you suspect of it.