DumaOS Classified Games-Games Console

Knomax

Hi  i know that DumaOS Classified Games use DPI to "find" game packets.

Also ...

On 7/1/2021 at 2:12 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

The old Hyper Traffic setting used for PlayStation service would be equivalent now to selecting the Games Console service on Traffic Prioritization now

Which is i think for 3478-3479 ports for PSN...but when i use "Games Console" for world of tanks in PS4 WITHOUT voice chat it has traffic.

So if i want to prioritize ONLY game packets while i have voice chat which service to use?

Which has the minimum delay in packets?

In general i want as i said to prioritize only the game packets even using voice chat.

I use these ports for UDP in PS4.....neither one packet in traffic prioritization!!!!!

https://openmyip.com/-world-of-tanks

So i dont know  what ports are used even if i want to add them manually.

• Administrators

I wouldn't know what the specific ports are that they use for chat, it might be best to contact their official support and ask them so you can then apply Traffic Prioritization to the appropriate ports

You won't notice the difference with DumaOS games console wether you use voice chat or not, since UDP packets are so small and the volume is not enough that it would make a difference.

If you do want to find out and have no information online:

The best way to sort these things out if you can't find the ports is run a wireshark log on your PC. Connect a managed switch (Ie Netgear GS305E, very cheap and perfect for a job like this) Port 1 to your PS4, Port 2 to your router or main switch. You then set port mirroring, mirror port 2 to port 3. Connect your PC to port 3 and use wireshark to read the traffic on port 2, revealing the port numbers from the dataflow.

Alternatively on the XR routers (Possibly R1/R2 too but never tried):

This will get you a debugging menu where you can mirror WAN to LAN1. Essentially this should do the same. You connect your PC to LAN 1 and listen to the traffic with wireshark. I have not tested this method as I use the switch method.

There is also a option here to enable packet capture. Possibly you can use this to create a log but again never tried it.

Third method is use 2 NIC's in your PC. Share traffic to your spare connection and capture the interface going to your router on PC. I prefer one of the first 2 however since sharing your network connection gives you double NAT and with CoD for example you get different internal port numbers. It does however give you the proper WAN ports. 

These port numbers can change serverside so often you need multiple captures / games to establish a range.

17 hours ago, Bert said:

There is also a option here to enable packet capture. Possibly you can use this to create a log but again never tried it.

DumaOs has packet capture?I didnt seen it..where it is in menu.

Also thank you very much all.

• Administrators
25 minutes ago, Knomax said:

DumaOs has packet capture?I didnt seen it..where it is in menu.

Also thank you very much all.

You can access it by going to 192.168.1.1/debug.htm

• Administrators
38 minutes ago, Knomax said:

Cant access 192.168.1.1/debug.htm...it must be wired connection?

If the LAN IP of your router is different then add /debug.htm at the end or routerlogin.net/debug.htm

• Administrators
10 minutes ago, Knomax said:

etc 192.168.88.1/debug.htm    ????

routerlogin.net/debug.htm is for Netgear i have the R1.

Yeah Bert mentioned it was for the Netgear routers, can't do it on the R1/R2

• Administrators
52 minutes ago, Knomax said:

ok thank you.....can we have this option in next update etc?To capture packets and have the ability to know which ports are used.

Not in the next one no, it has been requested so may be included in the future

Can we have a list of what ports are used in "Games Console service"??I set up manually udp ports that found in 2 one line guides like portforword.com but neither one packet was caught!!!So guides are totally wrong and game uses different ports.

Also in "Bandwidth Allocation" in category gaming applications it has the World of Tanks so you know what ports are used.

**I dont have a managed switch to test it**

5 hours ago, Knomax said:

Can we have a list of what ports are used in "Games Console service"??I set up manually udp ports that found in 2 one line guides like portforword.com but neither one packet was caught!!!So guides are totally wrong and game uses different ports.

Also in "Bandwidth Allocation" in category gaming applications it has the World of Tanks so you know what ports are used.

**I dont have a managed switch to test it**

I believe the games console service uses all UDP ports. Could you provide a screenshot of the rules you've setup?