XR1000 Higher ping than XR500. + more problems on XR1000

First of all My XR500 on OS 3.0 / 108. / 120. FW version my connection benchmark was working fine along side with its current FW Beta bugs.. now when i switched to XR1000 i am now going through weird things with connection benchmark & QoS / Auto QoS feature. 

the problem with Benchmark now is that it'll be reporting my DL/UP & all of the rest of the benchmark results falsely. for instance i have 1000/40 Speed Plan i'd be using benchmark and in the moment of testing results it'll be reporting my DL Speed from 943 DL to 100 DL with no more than 50mbps being used at home. this goes to the same thing with upload and i even do a speed test on my phone and i am getting normal Wifi speeds upto 400MBPS DL Etc.. 

now moving onto my normal base ping test it is also spiking really hard from 5ms to 30ms with high jitter when minimal bandwidth being used i go to my ingame ping and its for sure not acting right. 

my 2nd problem is QoS /Auto QoS whenever i try to do a Auto QoS config it doesn't always do its job correctly when i configure the Auto QoS it just keeps putting me onto 100/100 QoS setting when theirs large bandwidth being used on purposely even without on being purposely unless i am doing something wrong here.. 

moving on the only way i get the Auto QoS to configure itself below the 100/100 mark is when i set it to default advance settings which are Minimun DL/UP speed are 50/50 a set a max ping spike to any of my choice.

3rd problem i found someone elses issue here recently about higher ping on XR1000 from XR500 and the way that person resolved its issue is by putting the old XR500 MAC address to its New XR1000 i've tried that and still nothing has worked out on my end @Netduma Fraser @Netduma Alex

Sorry to hear this!

Could you do a Connection Benchmark and a wired speedtest through speedtest.net back-to-back and post screenshots of the results?

Are all devices on the network connected through to XR1000?

We're working on improving Auto-setup for QoS currently, this issue isn't unique to the XR1000 so for the time being you may just need to set the Congestion Control manually. I'd suggest starting at around 70/70 and see what results you get, then adjust accordingly.

Changing the MAC address has been used to resolve dramatically lower speeds, I haven't heard this approach be used to influence base ping. We can look into this further once we've confirmed the issue with your speedtests.

16 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear this!

Could you do a Connection Benchmark and a wired speedtest through speedtest.net back-to-back and post screenshots of the results?

We're working on improving Auto-setup for QoS currently, this issue isn't unique to the XR1000 so for the time being you may just need to set the Congestion Control manually. I'd suggest starting at around 70/70 and see what results you get, then adjust accordingly.

Changing the MAC address has been used to resolve dramatically lower speeds, I haven't heard this approach be used to influence base ping. We can look into this further once we've confirmed the issue with your speedtests.

sure thing i'll be in touch soon just before i test out the troubleshooting. my traffic prio seems not to be working correctly?? the light doesnt come on at times when i launch the game up and even when im playing cod and at times the light be disconnecting randomly this is for Duma classifed and manual ports as well

Edited by Baturi

16 minutes ago, Baturi said:

sure thing i'll be in touch soon just before i test out the troubleshooting. my traffic prio seems not to be working correctly?? the light doesnt come on at times when i launch the game up and even when im playing cod and at times the light be disconnecting randomly this is for Duma classifed and manual ports as well

OK, thank you. Which CoD specifically does Traffic Prioritisation not appear to be detecting correctly? Is the device you're gaming on connected to the XR via wired or wireless?

24 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Sorry to hear this!

my camera does not work so from my QoS set to never results for speed test are 4 ping with 327.13 DL 44 UP 2nd test on Speed test 3 ping with 275 DL 44 UP. my benchmark test are 775 DL 47 UP. 2 base ping With 17ms DL (Underload) and normal UP , Idle ping  

2nd test benchmark QoS set to never 907 DL 47 UP normal Base ping with 130ms DL (Underload) spike with normal UP , idle ping 

3rd test with QoS set to 70/70 810 DL 47 UP with normal base ping and 17ms DL upto 40ms spike (Underload) UP , Idle normal results. 4th test is the same as 3rd test 

25 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK, thank you. Which CoD specifically does Traffic Prioritisation not appear to be detecting correctly? Is the device you're gaming on connected to the XR via wired or wireless?

Cold war the device is on PS5 both tried wired and wireless and its connected onto XR1000 my device manager is also showing that The PS5 is active connected through WIRED when i clearly disconnected to connect to wireless to see if the feature worked 

(UPDATE) It seems that whenever i am in an actual game playing for like 30 seconds etc the Traffic light. lights on and it behaves normally but whenever my game finishes it turns off 

My apologies - I should've been clearer. To fully disable QoS please go to the three-line menu in Congestion Control and tick the 'Disable QoS' box.

Were these speedtests conducted on a device that is connected to the XR1000 via ethernet, not wireless?

It sounds as though Traffic Prioritisation is working correctly, as long as it's consistently prioritising traffic when you're actually playing.

20 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

My apologies - I should've been clearer. To fully disable QoS please go to the three-line menu in Congestion Control and tick the 'Disable QoS' box.

Were these speedtests conducted on a device that is connected to the XR1000 

Screenshot_20210624-222555_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20210624-222559_Samsung Internet.jpg

OK so the XR1000 is seeing fairly close speeds to what you get from the ISP, are there any devices other than the XR1000 connected to the modem?

Were these screenshots taken with QoS enabled or disabled (using the method I described above)? 

Were you also conducting the speedtest.net tests on this device too? Judging by the resolution it's a mobile device so that would probably explain why the speeds aren't as good - because it's over Wi-Fi.

20 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK sounds good, let us know how you get on!

1925691619_ConnectionBenchmark-DumaOS-GoogleChrome25_06_20216_52_26PM.thumb.png.d92bdd3a375744ea942acc794ee4b8c8.png1176825432_ConnectionBenchmark-DumaOS-GoogleChrome25_06_20216_57_22PM.thumb.png.7bee706fe6fb561be576af7781ae2fde.png

20 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

OK sounds good, let us know how you get on!

at 18:50 PM was QoS Disabled. at 18:55 PM QoS Was enabled btw i did these test straight after factory resetting the router with an ethernet cable plugged to the laptop hence this is ridiculous none of this makes sense i may have a faulty router? i'm getting 24/7 ping spikes with XR1000 man 😕 never has happened to me like this on XR500

• Administrators

Connection Benchmark does not report super accurately on the XR routers at the moment as you have found where the speeds are lower than what other sites report so you can take the results with a ping of salt - it doesn't mean you'll be getting those spikes. If you use PingPlotter or Command Prompt to ping Google do you get those spikes?

From the graph it does look like a ISP congestion issue though. You are seeing a reoccurring issue, that is that ping keeps increasing and then spikes, and then it starts over again. And you're not pulling full bandwidth yet, 644 mbit.

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Connection Benchmark does not report super accurately on the XR routers at the moment as you have found where the speeds are lower than what other sites report so you can take the results with a ping of salt - it doesn't mean you'll be getting those spikes. If you use PingPlotter or Command Prompt to ping Google do you get those spikes?

i'll get back to you on that vrery soon!

• 2 weeks later...

i also have the same issue i try dslreports and pingpotter and https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat there is higher ping for sure i switch router to test xr500 stable ping then switch back to xr1000 the ping is higher spike the congestion control qos is broken or  not working properly i even switch to always and put both 70 % for up and down i either get sometime grade A or B  grade ipv6 disable qos is able  i could see why the router has not had a firmware update seen last year december i guess the netduma r2 get more update then the xr1000 issue and bugs i try Connection Benchmark does not report super accurately so yeah a other firmware update asap need to fix this thanks i do see there are some  new features on the netduma r2 they both dumaos 3 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Themarkofmj said:

i also have the same issue i try dslreports and pingpotter and https://www.waveform.com/tools/bufferbloat there is higher ping for sure i switch router to test xr500 stable ping then switch back to xr1000 the ping is higher spike the congestion control qos is broken or  not working properly i even switch to always and put both 70 % for up and down i either get sometime grade A or B  grade ipv6 disable qos is able  i could see why the router has not had a firmware update seen last year december i guess the netduma r2 get more update then the xr1000 issue and bugs i try Connection Benchmark does not report super accurately so yeah a other firmware update asap need to fix this thanks i do see there are some  new features on the netduma r2 they both dumaos 3 

Hey, welcome to the forum!

They are both different routers and if you're using WiFi especially they are quite different, you may need to adjust your settings to be more or less aggressive on the XR1000 to get the same effect. We're working on all firmware, it just takes time so you should see one soon.