Geo-filter - "Uncaught Unmatched Device"

• Administrators
12 hours ago, Anaboliholic said:

Just here to state I too am experiencing this on v2.3.2.134. 

Still isn’t fixed.

Welcome to the forum!

Did you factory reset after installing .134? If not please do so and see if that resolves the issue.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

This is still an issue?  I just spent 3 hours tracking down every mac address, figuring out what 20+ IoTs there were, and giving them friendly names, including the one (1) xbox I had for geo filtering -- just to get this bug JUST to be told I have to factory reset to get this working -- Not even funny.

XR500 V2.3.2.134

7 hours ago, mindlash said:

This is still an issue?  I just spent 3 hours tracking down every mac address, figuring out what 20+ IoTs there were, and giving them friendly names, including the one (1) xbox I had for geo filtering -- just to get this bug JUST to be told I have to factory reset to get this working -- Not even funny.

XR500 V2.3.2.134

We're still working on the new firmware, yes.

I believe if you click the three-line menu in Device Manager you can download a list of all device names, then upload that again after the reset so you don't need to go through and rename your devices.

Hi all,

If I had a pound for every time I had to reset my XR500 to factory defaults because of this issue... I'd have about, err,  £8!!

I hope it's fixed in the next firmware. Is there an XR500 beta I could try?

Just to clarify, I get this issue when:

• I give my PS5 a friendly name in Device Manager
  • Add that device to the Geo-Filter Map
  • Remove Offline Devices in Device Manager (when my PS5 is turned off)

My PS5 is then removed from the Geo-Filter Map devices, and I can never re-add it again even when I turn it back on. The  "Uncaught Unmatched Device" error subsequently pops up everytime I visit the Geo-Filter Map page.

I think the three bulleted points above are the only specific prerequisites in order to recreate this error.

V2.3.2.134

[Edit]:
This is pure speculation, but maybe my PS5 (with a friendly name) gets renamed back to 'unnamed device' when I remove offline devices. As a result, the Geo-Filter page is still looking for the friendly named device (which has been renamed), hence the unmatched device?

I'm using my PS5 as an example. I would imagine the error can be recreated with any device which has been renamed, added to the Geo-Filter page and then offline devices are removed when that particular device is switched off.

• Administrators

@Bat 'n' Ball yes that's the easiest way to reproduce the issue, if you re-connect the device to the console in the same way (WiFi or ethernet) and then give it the exact same name and device type then it should get rid of the error without a factory reset.

• 11 months later...
On 10/25/2022 at 3:01 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

@Bat 'n' Ball yes that's the easiest way to reproduce the issue, if you re-connect the device to the console in the same way (WiFi or ethernet) and then give it the exact same name and device type then it should get rid of the error without a factory reset.

Can you explain this Frazer I don't want to have to factory reset if possible. What do you mean here  reconnect device to console? 

• Administrators
1 hour ago, anybloodyname said:

Can you explain this Frazer I don't want to have to factory reset if possible. What do you mean here  reconnect device to console? 

To the router I mean, it occurs when you deleted the device from the Device Manager when that device was added specifically to the feature. Without the device being connected to the router the feature is looking for a device that isn't there and errors. So either a factory reset or connecting the device back to the router again under the same conditions will get rid of the error.

• 2 months later...

It is 2023 and this bug is at least 2 years old. This is why this pile of junk is no longer my main router. All this is good for is the geo fence. I had to dumb this overpriced under developed router down to just using it for the Geo Filter. I removed it from my network as the main router be cause it is not worth the damn trouble manually install everything when it decides to crash. I thought most of my problems were because I had a netgear router running this. But I see this is on their own hardware. So.I'm not so sure.

Here is a question for you. Why can't you at least add a utility to clear the data from the devices for the geo filter?

• Administrators
22 minutes ago, rogerb45365 said:

It is 2023 and this bug is at least 2 years old. This is why this pile of junk is no longer my main router. All this is good for is the geo fence. I had to dumb this overpriced under developed router down to just using it for the Geo Filter. I removed it from my network as the main router be cause it is not worth the damn trouble manually install everything when it decides to crash. I thought most of my problems were because I had a netgear router running this. But I see this is on their own hardware. So.I'm not so sure.

Here is a question for you. Why can't you at least add a utility to clear the data from the devices for the geo filter?

I haven't seen many people reporting this lately with the beta: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51611-new-xr500-beta-firmware-33535/

There is an option to remove all offline devices

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

I haven't seen many people reporting this lately with the beta: https://forum.netduma.com/topic/51611-new-xr500-beta-firmware-33535/

There is an option to remove all offline devices

Mine still is saying dumaos not running and I've tried everything including original firmware to intermediary to rc10 factory reset then rc14 still same thing till I go back to the 134 firmware off netgears site so basically stuck without being able to use beta xr500 is basically paperweight for now till I can get 3.3 on xr1000 still waiting on xr500 to sell

I corrected the issue by doing a factory reset and manually reapplying my configuration. But I feel that you should not have to do a factory reset and manually apply your configuration to fix what is basically a user data entry in the configuration. This is not the first time I have seen this issue. Why is there a lack of logic checking the user entry for this required data targeting geo filter devices? Then if the data is not found then it requests the user to make a choice to keep or remove the entry. Why is this an issue after this much time has passed?