Geo-filter - "Uncaught Unmatched Device"

Hi,

When i try to open geo filter i get an error that says "uncaught unmatched device". I click ok. When i click add device, nothing happens. Why is this?

I am on a XR500, V.2.3.2.120.

What is going on and how can i fix this?

Screen Shot 2021-05-17 at 6.40.08 PM.png

Sorry to hear this! Are you seeing this issue in all browsers? If you open the interface in an incognito windows, are you still getting this error? Do you have any browser extensions enabled such as an adblocker? If so, could you please temporarily disable them to see if they're causing the problem?

Hi peeps,

A Google search for the error ‘Uncaught Unmatched Device’ brought me here!

I had the same error message on the Geo-Filter page in both Chrome & Edge browsers.

Not sure if it’s a related issue, but after removing my PlayStation 4 from the Geo-Filter, the ADD DEVICE button failed to do anything and I was unable to add any device at all.

I...

•    Saved my config
•    Did a factory reset
•    Restored saved config
•    ‘Uncaught Unmatched Device’ error on Geo-Filter page still there
•    ADD DEVICE button still not working

I then…

•    Did another factory reset
•    Did not restore config this time
•    No ‘Uncaught Unmatched Device’ error on Geo-Filter page
•    Was able to ADD DEVICE once more

I had a can of lager and…

•    Loaded saved config again
•    ‘Uncaught Unmatched Device’ error on Geo-Filter page had returned
•    ADD DEVICE button not working again

My speculative conclusion here would be that a previously saved config for a previous firmware, was incompatible with a newer firmware.

Just a thought, but ‘Unmatched Device’ might have a bearing on not being able to add any devices on the Geo-Filter page? If no ‘matched’ (or compatible) devices are found, the routine which adds devices returns an error?

Maybe the OP could try adding a device to see if their ADD DEVICE button also does not work?

I have since done a third factory reset and manually configured all my settings from scratch and all is fine thus far. I’ll continue to monitor it and post back if the error returns or the button stops working.

Currently on same FW as OP - V2.3.2.120

3 minutes ago, Bat 'n' Ball said:

Hi peeps,

A Google search for the error ‘Uncaught Unmatched Device’ brought me here!

I have the same error message on the Geo-Filter page in both Chrome & Edge browsers.

Not sure if it’s a related issue, but after removing my PlayStation 4 from the Geo-Filter, the ADD DEVICE button failed to do anything and I was unable to add any device at all.

I...

•    Saved my config
•    Did a factory reset
•    Restored saved config
•    ‘Uncaught Unmatched Device’ error on Geo-Filter page still there
•    ADD DEVICE button still not working

I then…

•    Did another factory reset
•    Did not restore config this time
•    No ‘Uncaught Unmatched Device’ error on Geo-Filter page
•    Was able to ADD DEVICE once more

I had a can of lager and…

•    Loaded saved config again
•    ‘Uncaught Unmatched Device’ error on Geo-Filter page had returned
•    ADD DEVICE button not working again

My speculative conclusion here would be that a previously saved config for a previous firmware, was incompatible with a newer firmware.

Just a thought, but ‘Unmatched Device’ might have a bearing on not being able to add any devices on the Geo-Filter page? If no ‘matched’ (or compatible) devices are found, the routine which adds devices returns an error?

Maybe the OP could try adding a device to see if their ADD DEVICE button also does not work?

I have since done a third factory reset and manually configured all my settings from scratch and all is fine thus far. I’ll continue to monitor it and post back if the error returns or the button stops working.

Currently on same FW as OP - V2.3.2.120

Yea, I actually did a factory reset and it worked. When I updated it, it messed with it initially 

3 minutes ago, Jayco93 said:

Yea, I actually did a factory reset and it worked. When I updated it, it messed with it initially

Did you save your config on an old firmware, update to a new firmware and then load your saved config back again?

• Administrators

So basically the error occurs when a device has been added to the Geo-Filter but that device then gets removed completely from the router for example so if you deleted it from the Device Manager but didn't remove it from the Geo-Filter is one cause. So yes likely the config is bringing back the device to the Geo-Filter but its not connected to the router. So a clean factory reset will fix it. 

43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

So basically the error occurs when a device has been added to the Geo-Filter but that device then gets removed completely from the router for example so if you deleted it from the Device Manager but didn't remove it from the Geo-Filter is one cause. So yes likely the config is bringing back the device to the Geo-Filter but its not connected to the router. So a clean factory reset will fix it. 

I got the error message and then decided to remove the (PlayStation) device from the Geo-Filter page; not the other way around. I didn't remove the device from the Geo-Filter page and then get the error message.

I have never removed devices from Device Manager. I only removed my PlayStation device from the Geo-Filter page in an effort to stop the 'Uncaught Unmatched Device' error from popping up.

When I subsequently tried adding my PlayStation device back to the Geo-Filter, clicking the ADD DEVICE button did absolutely nothing at all. It failed to bring up the list of devices to select from.

I only ever have one device (my PlayStation) added to the Geo-Filter page.

I initially thought it could be an old config on a new firmware issue but @Jayco93 has said above that they didn’t know they could even save the config.

Edit: So I think there are two issues here which may or may not be related; the error message and the inoperable ADD DEVICE button.

• Administrators

It is quite possible restoring the config could cause that, especially if the IP address or name of the device changed which could also be contributing to it without restoring, we should be able to resolve that but it shouldn't appear to happen too often

23 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It is quite possible restoring the config could cause that, especially if the IP address or name of the device changed which could also be contributing to it without restoring, we should be able to resolve that but it shouldn't appear to happen too often

That sounds plausible for the inoperable ADD DEVICE button, since I name all my devices and have static IP's for about 15 of them.

But @Jayco93 had not restored a config when they received the ‘Uncaught Unmatched Device’ error message, so obviously restoring a previous config wasn't the reason they got the error message.

45 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That could've been deleting the device itself and why a normal reset fixed it

I couldn’t fix it by deleting the device. The add device button wasn’t working either. My only option was to factory reset

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, Jayco93 said:

I couldn’t fix it by deleting the device. The add device button wasn’t working either. My only option was to factory reset

I meant the error could have happened due to deleting a device but reset is the go to fix for this currently

• 5 months later...
On 5/22/2021 at 1:15 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

I meant the error could have happened due to deleting a device but reset is the go to fix for this currently

I need this to not be the solution. Sometimes man this company drives me crazy. This is like a critical bug. This needs to be fixed at a software level. I have DHCP set up on this with static ips for the router it's self to the wan. I dont want to set all this back up so I can use the basic functionality of my router. You guys are killing me. Some of this is just so hokey poke and unprofessional

edit: Hold up. Is this a freakin 4 year old bug. Come dude. SOOOOO unprofessional. I feel like you must have lost some engineers or something. 

27 minutes ago, lewrya said:

I need this to not be the solution. Sometimes man this company drives me crazy. This is like a critical bug. This needs to be fixed at a software level. I have DHCP set up on this with static ips for the router it's self to the wan. I dont want to set all this back up so I can use the basic functionality of my router. You guys are killing me. Some of this is just so hokey poke and unprofessional

edit: Hold up. Is this a freakin 4 year old bug bro. Come dude. SOOOOO unprofessional. I feel like you must have lost some engineers or something. Someone cashed out and the lights are on but no one is home.

To clarify, are you experiencing this on an R2 or on an XR500? What firmware version are you currently running?

15 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

To clarify, are you experiencing this on an R2 or on an XR500? What firmware version are you currently running?

I'm on an R2, but I don't think it's related to the hardware. I can't even back up my configs on an R2. 3.0.205 is what I'm on. Take screenshots is the recommendation... 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Uncaught+Unmatched+Device+duma+site:forum.netduma.com

I didn't dig too deep, and most of these look like netgear, but I'd imagine that's just because they probably have larger market share. I pinged your CEO and CTO only because they're the only leaders I could find on linkedin. Lets hope anything comes out of that, I'm just so over this product sometimes. 

41 minutes ago, lewrya said:

I'm on an R2, but I don't think it's related to the hardware. I can't even back up my configs on an R2. 3.0.205 is what I'm on. Take screenshots is the recommendation... 

https://www.google.com/search?q=Uncaught+Unmatched+Device+duma+site:forum.netduma.com

I didn't dig too deep, and most of these look like netgear, but I'd imagine that's just because they probably have larger market share. I pinged your CEO and CTO only because they're the only leaders I could find on linkedin. Lets hope anything comes out of that, I'm just so over this product sometimes. 

I can certainly understand your frustration, we understand that screenshotting your config isn't a feasible solution, more just a suggestion to help a user in the meantime. I'll also raise the problem with the team again to bring it to the forefront, I'll get someone to replicate it and investigate why it occurs from a backend perspective.

• 1 month later...

Hi peeps,

"Uncaught Unmatched Device" error is still happening on V2.3.2.130 - a newer firmware than when it was originally reported above.

• My PS5 was the only device added to the Geo-Filter
  • Connected via a LAN cable, it had a static IP assignment and was in the DMZ
  • In Device Manager, I Removed Offline Devices while my PS5 was turned off (therefore inadvertently removing it)
  • On the Geo-Filter page, I got the error "Uncaught Unmatched Device"
  • After turning my PS5 back on and renaming it back to what it was previously called did not solve this issue
  • I got the error regardless of whether the PS5 was turned on or off
  • Add Device button inoperable
  • Only solution was to factory reset

Pasting a previously downloaded text file of MAC addresses and device names into the Device Manager 'Import Device Names' field did not fix the error.

Saving the router config and then reloading it after a factory reset does not work, because as you might expect, all you are doing is loading back the same configuration and error state in which the router was in before.

I think I've now made this mistake often enough for me to remember next time not to Remove Offline Devices, when the added device(s) in the Geo-Filter are offline!

A factory reset can be very time consuming if there's a lot of manual settings on the router as I have got. Is there any word on a fix for this?

Happy Christmas 🎅

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...