Not sure of DumaOS is perfect for my needs. please suggest!

goodone

I am looking for a router which can help me with below features. Right now I am using R7000 with custom firmware Tomato. Moved from horrible Dlink dir 882 interface with so low feature. But it seems netgear also unstable with vpn split tunneling and takes a long time to initialize after reboot. I recently found out about DumaOS, not sure if it will support my R7000 as a custom firmware but I am ready to buy the XR1000 version only if it can support bottom features. I could not find more detail about VPN or could see its page configuration. So whoever owns one, please suggest.

• Allows you to add multiple VPN Client config with support of open vpn client protocol.
  • Allows you to split connect with high stability and quick configurations, without losing host connection.
  • Allows you to kill internet access automatically for specific tunnel access if vpn is not connected before.
  • Router firmware always up to date and highly stable.
  • Can run NAS drive with high speed read write for both Portable USB drive or pen drive. As most of competitor router support low 10MB to 25MB. When drive read write is 100MB. I need it maximize.
  • Have FTP support, easiy to install web server script to launch websites and mysql php. Something like Tomato Firmware.
  • Can monitor all IP access LOGs visiting website addresses on LAN to Network.
  • Support Bandwidth limiter, Restrict Access Schedule Based on Mac, something like Tomato Firmware.
  • High security firewall preventing any hacks or attackers to sniff traffic.
  • Good for gaming and streaming.

Welcome to the forum!

The XR1000 does not currently support an Open VPN configuration in this way, I'd suggest looking at the XR500 or XR700 for this as they include our Hybrid VPN Rapp.
Could you explain a little further what you're looking for when you refer to hosting a web server? You can certainly use Netgear's ReadyNAS feature but I'm not sure on the exact throughput of the USB port.
There is a Network Monitor built into DumaOS, but it will not show you exact URLs being visited.
All other features you're looking for are available and included!

20 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

The XR1000 does not currently support an Open VPN configuration in this way, I'd suggest looking at the XR500 or XR700 for this as they include our Hybrid VPN Rapp.
Could you explain a little further what you're looking for when you refer to hosting a web server? You can certainly use Netgear's ReadyNAS feature but I'm not sure on the exact throughput of the USB port.
There is a Network Monitor built into DumaOS, but it will not show you exact URLs being visited.

• Allows you to add multiple VPN Client config with support of open vpn client protocol.
  • Have FTP support, easiy to install web server script to launch websites and mysql php. Something like Tomato Firmware.

These features he is asking about are not on the XR500 or XR700 at an advanced level which he is enquiring about. Also you cannot add ftp server scripts on the XR500. Unless you can prove otherwise.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Welcome to the forum!

Thank you very much :)

Seems like I don't have either of those 2 version in my country. They seems discontinued. Only XR1000 available. 

I have already seen Hybrid App in some youtube video. it was hard to find a proper video with detail features. Though I did not see any policy routing based split tunneling option in that VPN feature. Suppose, I want specific site to pass over through my OpenVpn configuration profile settings #1. Like this I can have more configuration profile. similar feature as FreshTomato. Which is mostly important. Split Tunnel which only is available on Hybrid App I think is based on Hardware Mac specific. I need this option too. But Policy Base Routing also necessery.

Network monitor with access to which web address is necessary too, also capability of blocking any suspicious url from the list for specific hardware mac. :(

I can live without the hosting support, not recommended. Though what I tried to mean is launching a website out of router with its built on apache, mysql server package etc.

I still could not see policy based split tunneling, I need all feature of split tunneling in a VPN. I mean complete openvpn supportive features. Maybe its there, I don't know as I seen some old youtube videos. Also, I saw XR1000 support DumaOS 3.0? So you saying it still don't contain any vpn client support?

2 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

These features he is asking about are not on the XR500 or XR700 at an advanced level which he is enquiring about. Also you cannot add ftp server scripts on the XR500. Unless you can prove otherwise.

Can you please tell me an enterprise grade router which have this facility then? I believe my requested feature is not that over expectation as most of are just some linux packages which mostly related with software. So more likely I am looking for a great software with this available options. I have went through netgear R7000, 2 Dlink different interface Dir 882 and Dir 841. neither of them could fullfil what I require with official firmware. Except only a third party software FT. Which why I am only sticking with netgear r7000 now But when today I saw DumaOS and its powerful interface, I really loved it and fell in love and decided to make an upgrade to XR1000 which available at my area!. I will be sad now if my requirements don't support this.... as I really had hope that it would have these support. 

go to a website called draytek. They are enterprise grade and they also have a sandbox firmware test so you can play with the features online. There is also the ubiquiti range of routers also. 

Draytek: Here.

Ubiquiti: Here

7 hours ago, BIG__DOG said:

go to a website called draytek. They are enterprise grade and they also have a sandbox firmware test so you can play with the features online. There is also the ubiquiti range of routers also. 

Draytek: Here.

Ubiquiti: Here

I looked into ubiquiti, their products are more like wireless and switch based. Not a go for me :( . But UI seems good.

Draytek seems have the most advance feature with QOS, CMS and VPN. :D and they have a router version. Even though their UI looks horrible and nothing near to DumaOS, which I wished :( . Anyway, I am going to look into their router. 

Thanks for the help! :)

1 hour ago, goodone said:

I looked into ubiquiti, their products are more like wireless and switch based. Not a go for me :( . But UI seems good.

Draytek seems have the most advance feature with QOS, CMS and VPN. :D and they have a router version. Even though their UI looks horrible and nothing near to DumaOS, which I wished :( . Anyway, I am going to look into their router. 

Thanks for the help! :)

If  you look closer ubiquiti do a line of routers such as the edgerouter series.   

https://www.4gon.co.uk/ubiquiti-edgemax-c-337_610_734.html       https://www.ui.com/edgemax/edgerouter/

1 hour ago, BIG__DOG said:

If  you look closer ubiquiti do a line of routers such as the edgerouter series.   

https://www.4gon.co.uk/ubiquiti-edgemax-c-337_610_734.html       https://www.ui.com/edgemax/edgerouter/

The Ubiquiti Dream machine is also good, one of the members here uses it and it would fill the slots the user is after, although it has  no Wi-Fi 6 which is a shame as that's the current Wi-Fi standard now. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ubiquiti-UniFi-Dream-Machine-Router/dp/B082QMR5ML

There’s a few more to look at but some require licences, Netgate (pfsense built in), Ruckus, Aruba, Cisco and Juniper. 

Ubiquiti range of edge routers are licence free and well priced which are a good choice if you can handle the setting up. There are other routers like the UDM Pro which are more friendly but each has its positives and negatives. if support is required then that’s where you start to pay for it. 

https://evanmccann.net/blog/unifi-routers-overview

I’m trying out a little UDM, it’s got it’s quirks and the UI is a bit messy and with these you have to stick to Unifi accessories if you want full functionality. 

• Administrators

As others have mentioned the XR1000 and other routers including DumaOS will not be able to achieve what you want unfortunately - I get why you want them but DumaOS is focused on gaming/family usage so they're not features most of our users would ever use.