Random disconnects from Battlenet.

Hi everyone, i have a xr300 and when im playing either CoD CW or Warzone i randomly get disconnected from Blizzard Services, i think its the qos or something i might be wrong does someone knows a fix for it or have a firmware update to stop that from happening? i cant play without qos features cause i have allot of devices on my network and i will lag all over the place pls help. 

• Administrators

Have you disabled QoS fully to see whether this is the case? It is more likely the Geo-Filter blocking a server, if you disable the Geo-Filter once you're on the game does it continue?

On 5/5/2021 at 4:19 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Have you disabled QoS fully to see whether this is the case? It is more likely the Geo-Filter blocking a server, if you disable the Geo-Filter once you're on the game does it continue?

Yea I did all of that, and it still happens. When i play directly on my IPS Modem it doesnt disconnect me at all, but i get high ping and lag so i really need that qos on the router, ect.

43 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Put the WAN IP of the XR found in the System Information page into the DMZ on the HG and see if the disconnects stop

i already tried that tho, it only makes my nat type in every game open. i did put it in dmz tho lets see if it keeps disconnecting me

1. Do a DNS flush.

2. Change  your DNS-Server to Cloudfare or google.

3. If nothing works reset the router to factory settings. I also have the xR300 and the software is really buggy. I reset my router my every 7 days. Otherwise I have all kinds of problems.

10 hours ago, TIREDOFGETTINGJOKE said:

So, DMZ doesnt help,
It's not the Geo-Filter its definitely the Qos i guess but when playing without it i lag like crazy and get high ping 

So when you have QoS fully disabled, you don't get any disconnections at all? You just lag a lot?

12 hours ago, Waka4412 said:

1. Do a DNS flush.

2. Change  your DNS-Server to Cloudfare or google.

3. If nothing works reset the router to factory settings. I also have the xR300 and the software is really buggy. I reset my router my every 7 days. Otherwise I have all kinds of problems.

Yeaa i tried all of that, i recently factory reset my router too i mean i works great but i keep getting disconnected and thats annoying, one thing i would like to see is traffic prioritization for pc games like Warzone and other cods

17 hours ago, TIREDOFGETTINGJOKE said:

So i was trying a bunch of options, and i was playing like 30min ago without qos enable and it still disconnects me out of the game

How did you disable QoS? I'd suggest fully disabling it from the three-line menu in Congestion Control.

11 hours ago, TIREDOFGETTINGJOKE said:

Yes that's exactly what I did 

So if the issue is still occuring with QoS fully disabled, it can't be QoS that's causing the problem. 

Are you just getting kicked out of the game, you're not losing internet connection?

Is this still with your WAN IP in the modem's DMZ and with an Open NAT?

• Administrators
12 minutes ago, Roses said:

I believe it's the firewall. Even with the NAT open in wan options I got disconnections.

The PC firewall? Have you disabled this and has that resolved it?

19 minutes ago, Roses said:

I believe it's the firewall. Even with the NAT open in wan options I got disconnections.

it's weird, cause when i switch direct to my modem it doesnt disconnect me at all without changing anything in the firewall settings

9 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

So if the issue is still occuring with QoS fully disabled, it can't be QoS that's causing the problem. 

Are you just getting kicked out of the game, you're not losing internet connection?

Is this still with your WAN IP in the modem's DMZ and with an Open NAT?

Yea i just get kicked out of the game, it's like the blizzard app just go offline and come back online instantly and it immediately kick me out of the game

• Administrators
56 minutes ago, TIREDOFGETTINGJOKE said:

Yea i just get kicked out of the game, it's like the blizzard app just go offline and come back online instantly and it immediately kick me out of the game

Do you see any entries in the log file around the time that you get kicked?

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The PC firewall? Have you disabled this and has that resolved it?

Yeah it worked but I wouldn't recommend disabling windows firewall for obvious reasons.