XR1000 - QoS/Traffic Prior not working

I discovered why CC intermittently fails to work. When my modem drops internet if I don't reboot the router when the signal comes back thats when CC fails to work over WiFi. We plan on switching ISP soon as our contract ends, this should clear up the problem.

Thanks for all your time and help everyone.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, blkmage said:

I discovered why CC intermittently fails to work. When my modem drops internet if I don't reboot the router when the signal comes back thats when CC fails to work over WiFi. We plan on switching ISP soon as our contract ends, this should clear up the problem.

Thanks for all your time and help everyone.

Ahh interesting, well done on figuring that out and thanks a lot for letting us know the cause!

Fraser I’ve noticed on the .52 QoS feels super weird (Traffic Prio Wise). Buffer and Bandwidth work better than the .54

for the .54 the traffic prio feels way better but the bandwidth allocation doesn’t fully work properly. It gives me 4K bandwidth for 2 days ! Then drops to 3k bandwidth in cod the 3rd day and so on day. I made sure to drag enough bandwidth to it!!! Never had that issue with the .52.

The only difference I see is that the duma os scripting language is _40 for the .54 FW. Could this be why traffic prio works better?

On 5/3/2021 at 12:57 AM, CRarsenxL said:

Fraser I’ve noticed on the .52 QoS feels super weird (Traffic Prio Wise). Buffer and Bandwidth work better than the .54

for the .54 the traffic prio feels way better but the bandwidth allocation doesn’t fully work properly. It gives me 4K bandwidth for 2 days ! Then drops to 3k bandwidth in cod the 3rd day and so on day. I made sure to drag enough bandwidth to it!!! Never had that issue with the .52.

The only difference I see is that the duma os scripting language is _40 for the .54 FW. Could this be why traffic prio works better?

Thanks for the feedback, how have you tested this exactly? What difference are you seeing in game that indicated that Traffic Prio isn't quite working properly?

Perhaps provide a full screenshot of your QoS configuration so we can better understand your issue here.

2 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for the feedback, how have you tested this exactly? What difference are you seeing in game that indicated that Traffic Prio isn't quite working properly?

Perhaps provide a full screenshot of your QoS configuration so we can better understand your issue here.

Going based off of feel. The game plays different. I know “feel” isn’t important to you guys but you have to understand we are the ones playing the game. I play cod at a super high level, and I know when something feel good or off.

• Administrators

It's not that we have a problem with feel, it's just not something we can work with to identify any potential issues. With share excess enabled the device can receive however much bandwidth it wants, if it feels better limiting this then you could disable Share Excess or severely limit Congestion Control

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It's not that we have a problem with feel, it's just not something we can work with to identify any potential issues. With share excess enabled the device can receive however much bandwidth it wants, if it feels better limiting this then you could disable Share Excess or severely limit Congestion Control

My strategy is,

70/70 or you could manually try to figure out best speeds to get consistent flat line on ping plotter.

So say you have gig,

Your buffer is technically 700/700 with manual tuning maybe lower, like 700/500 or something like that.

Im not sure if the percentage that should be dragged to your console or pc but since gaming is only 2-4mb,

Id say drag 40% to the console or pc. 
So the console will get 280/280 and the rest of the devices will get whatever’s left evenly.

Let me know if this method is valid. Please identify any issues you have with this method. :)

• 1 year later...
On 4/29/2021 at 7:19 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

We don't tend to make a habit of giving out betas, I have none I can give at the moment 

How can I disable WMM on WiFi for the xr1000. I do NOT want Wifi packets placed in a higher queue than my wired packers.

I don’t use QoS in general btw

8 hours ago, CRarsenxL said:

How can I disable WMM on WiFi for the xr1000. I do NOT want Wifi packets placed in a higher queue than my wired packers.

I don’t use QoS in general btw

If you've already got QoS disabled then that's all you need to do. As far as I'm aware there aren't any WMM configurations in the NETGEAR settings.

On 10/10/2022 at 6:50 AM, Netduma Liam said:

If you've already got QoS disabled then that's all you need to do. As far as I'm aware there aren't any WMM configurations in the NETGEAR settings.

For the xr500 it exists but not the xr1000? Which means it’s enabled?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, CRarsenxL said:

For the xr500 it exists but not the xr1000? Which means it’s enabled?

I believe all Netgear wireless products support WMM so I would expect that it is enabled by default, I would have to check