Geo Filter stopped working

I bought my Xr500 couple of months ago for its GeoFilter properties to avoid high pings and also to play with my own friends at lobbies. We used this last weekend but this weekend it seems it does not work. I used to getto Tower (destiny 2 social space) by myself when filter was on but now i am always in crowded lobbies. Also another test i used to do was to get into strikes and if i go in alone without anyone matchmake to my team i knew it is working. 

I tried both but it does not work!!! 

what could have happened between two weekends! 

Please help me!

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Destiny have changed their matchmaking system to use servers now instead of player hosts. We'll release a cloud update to help with filtering servers once we've fully tested the new system but it may not be possible for you to go in solo or match against friends any longer

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/18/2021 at 9:19 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Destiny have changed their matchmaking system to use servers now instead of player hosts. We'll release a cloud update to help with filtering servers once we've fully tested the new system but it may not be possible for you to go in solo or match against friends any longer

did you guys try dynamic packet filtering anstead of ip, it works for couple people even without netduma. must be possible to integrate this in the software. every bungie account has his own sting what you van allow or not

• Administrators
1 hour ago, VFR1200FD said:

did you guys try dynamic packet filtering anstead of ip, it works for couple people even without netduma. must be possible to integrate this in the software. every bungie account has his own sting what you van allow or not

Going in solo / matching against friends was always an unintended side effect of the Geo-Filter, if we start looking at things like that then it may be quite hard to reconfigure the Geo-Filter to work in that way so it might actually be a significant amount of work for one game where really it's not actually improving the connection quality which is the whole point of the router. We'll see what we can do regardless.

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Going in solo / matching against friends was always an unintended side effect of the Geo-Filter, if we start looking at things like that then it may be quite hard to reconfigure the Geo-Filter to work in that way so it might actually be a significant amount of work for one game where really it's not actually improving the connection quality which is the whole point of the router. We'll see what we can do regardless.

may you are right, but think about the guys only bought the router for one game (like me), I will take back this thing is this not working anymore,  if other guys are able to do it with even without about a router why they chose an expensive router🤔 but I still have a bit hope that get done guys by netduma

• 3 weeks later...

To my previous post destiny turned back to p2p i guess to deactivate crossplay which was unintentionally activated. When i activate geo filter i can land tower by myself or go to activities by myself but this time friends cannot join me :/

14 hours ago, Tuyum84 said:

To my previous post destiny turned back to p2p i guess to deactivate crossplay which was unintentionally activated. When i activate geo filter i can land tower by myself or go to activities by myself but this time friends cannot join me 😕

I've responded to you in your other post.

On 4/30/2021 at 10:09 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

I’ll buy your latest and greatest model if you get it done and upgrade from the 500