SBMM Warzone Geo-Filter doesn't work at all

Kunge

I only play warzone on PC I set up my device as console like you guys suggest. My location is in the eastern United States, but I want to connect to Europe for SBMM, it just doesn't work at all. All the game that I find is low ping server which is not from Europe. I tried to reset the Geo-filter by the instruction that u guys provide for other similar problem. It doesn't work at all. youtuber with the same router can connect to Europe server without using VPN, but why I cannot?. I only spent money to buy your router purely for warzone, but it actually didn’t match the advertising. I'm really disappointed, if you can't help me, I will choose a refund. This router exhausted me and made me feel like I was scammed.

Screenshot 2021-04-15 104900.png

Screenshot 2021-04-15 105019.png

Screenshot 2021-04-15 105058.png

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We have not advertised that we can get around SBMM and I would suggest you don't try forcing servers further away as you won't have as good of an experience online. Can you provide a screenshot showing what you're seeing when you get low ping servers please?

28 minutes ago, Kunge said:

Solo juego Warzone en PC. Configuré mi dispositivo como consola, como sugirieron ustedes. Mi ubicación está en el este de los Estados Unidos, pero quiero conectarme a Europa para SBMM, simplemente no funciona en absoluto. Todo el juego que encuentro es un servidor de ping bajo que no es de Europa. Traté de restablecer el filtro geográfico siguiendo las instrucciones que ustedes brindan para otro problema similar. No funciona en absoluto. youtuber con el mismo enrutador puede conectarse al servidor de Europa sin usar VPN, pero ¿por qué yo no? Solo gasté dinero para comprar su enrutador únicamente para Warzone, pero en realidad no coincidió con la publicidad. Estoy realmente decepcionado, si no puedes ayudarme, elegiré un reembolso. Este enrutador me dejó exhausto y me hizo sentir como si estuviera estafado.

Captura de pantalla 2021-04-15 104900.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-04-15 105019.png

Captura de pantalla 2021-04-15 105058.png

Do you really think that if you play in Europe you will have a better SBMM? LOL

First; Netduma was not created for that, Netduma was created to get the lowest ping and play with the advantage of the latency in your favor, quite the opposite of what you want to do, because if you play in Europe while in the USA, you will to play with +100 ping and, I can assure you, that lobbies are going to be just as difficult as in the USA, the only thing you are going to do is play at a disadvantage.

Second; The game has authentication servers in several regions, as the game detects its location, it will authenticate you in that area and it will search for games in that region, so that it detects (loads) another authentication server you have to do the configuration and the steps to follow correctly so that it does not load more servers. In fact, I can search for games in the USA without any problem residing in Spain, it is just knowing how to do it.

Third; Stop thinking that you can beat the SBMM, there is no way to do it and in the best of cases, the best place to play a bit with the SBMM is Usa, since the servers are "close" and will not give you a high ping and they are distributed in different time slots, with which you can always search in time slots of other states where at that time there are not so many PRO people playing.

regards!

Firstly you can force overseas servers I am in the Uk and have tested the US servers and also Dubai by drawing with the polygon mode . In game ping was off the chart and it was a poor experience as Fraser states . I am a little confused as one of the complaints about SBMM is ping is no longer king and you can get thrown into a lobby half away across the world as the first part of the search criteria for these games is Skill based  , then connection . At least with the Duma you can eliminate that side of things by ensuring you only connect to a local server which is effectively what it is designed for . 

To be honest Warzone is utterly broken anyway , I am a very competent 6v6 COD player and have so many times tried warzone ( solo ) and the craziest things happen so many people cheating and just lots of weirdness in general so I always jump out very frustrated  and thinking WTH just happened . I never last very long in Warzone . It’s a huge shame as the BR mode and idea is great but Activision dont really give a crap , until the $$$$ start to drop they wont seriously address the hacking and cheating .  

BTW gone off on a tangent , going back to your original point set up your GEO as per your image before you launch the game ,  then launch and you should be good . Works on the XBOX anyway 

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

We have not advertised that we can get around SBMM and I would suggest you don't try forcing servers further away as you won't have as good of an experience online. Can you provide a screenshot showing what you're seeing when you get low ping servers please?

This is the Geo map that I was searching for lobby, and I will never find a game by doing this. Idk Why

Screenshot 2021-04-15 130231.png

• Administrators

How are you getting the game with the 35ms ping? It's intention is not to give you games in different continents. Try this please:

1. Quit Warzone/Blizzard completely - including from the System tray
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Resync the cloud
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option
  5. Set up your radius how you like - keep Ping Assist on 0
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

3 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

How are you getting the game with the 35ms ping? It's intention is not to give you games in different continents. Try this please:

3. Resync the cloud
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

That's why I ask you guys!

The geo filter is not working for me, either in US or EU.

No matter what I do, the ping is around 20-30ms. Even if I set up the Geo Filter in EU and West US. So, I feel like scammed

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

3. Resync the cloud
  6. Wait 2 minutes
  7. Boot up the game

by the way, should I enable the strict mode, auto ping host, or Fast search

• Administrators

Can you provide a screenshot of where it is showing you getting a game outside your radius please?

Strict Mode - Enabled
Fast Search - Disabled
Auto Ping Host - Up to you, it just automatically pings the host, it has no effect on Filtering

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Can you provide a screenshot of where it is showing you getting a game outside your radius please?

Strict Mode - Enabled
Fast Search - Disabled
Auto Ping Host - Up to you, it just automatically pings the host, it has no effect on Filtering

Could you please tell me how to add my teammates to white list. I cannot find any option for that on geo filter 

Is there any servers near UK that are worth geo filtering too for easier warzone games? I get the high ping thing so I wouldnt want to go too far away. I keep seeing vidoes of American players playing in the west and getting more below average kd matches with stable ping.

2 hours ago, HiddeNAttacK said:

Is there any servers near UK that are worth geo filtering too for easier warzone games? I get the high ping thing so I wouldnt want to go too far away. I keep seeing vidoes of American players playing in the west and getting more below average kd matches with stable ping.

There's no real way of knowing the skill of players on a server I'm afraid, your best bet is just to ensure you're connecting to a server that offers you the lowest ping!

• Administrators

Ping Heatmap shows the servers available but in terms of when they are available that is entirely up to the game and when there is a certain amount of server load/when there are a lot of players on for example so not possible to say

• 9 months later...
On 4/15/2021 at 10:31 AM, Kunge said:

That's why I ask you guys!

The geo filter is not working for me, either in US or EU.

No matter what I do, the ping is around 20-30ms. Even if I set up the Geo Filter in EU and West US. So, I feel like scammed

The Duma has never worked for gaming performance for call of duty. I don’t see a difference from 9ms to 60ms ping. Literally only good for a smooth connection for your household. Anyone looking for solutions good luck with that!!!!