DUMAOS Classified games

Same for me on my brand new XR1000 DumaOS 3.0 ! Call of duty is not listed in the Games list!
It is in the UNCATEGRORIZED folder with Street fighter and VPN, Whatapp,...! How is that possible ?
Does it mean that I have to prioritize UNCATEGORIZED in my Qos? so not gamer friendly

And .. I just checked after launching COD MW ..no red lights !
and the Duma OS is so so so slow I hope it will be fixed with the next Firmware update. Really disapointed with my XR1000 so far 😞

Screenshot 2021-04-13 at 19.55.58.png

Thanks CRarsenXL. I hope that the team is fixing the list for PC. What do you mean by "use games console for now"?  My Duma OS doesn't recognize Call of on my PC.
I have been trying to prioritize my entire PC and stressing another device and it doesn't safe my ping on PC anyway. The Duma OS is so slow it s just horrible.
I'm about to return the product.

15 hours ago, LawB said:

Thanks CRarsenXL. I hope that the team is fixing the list for PC. What do you mean by "use games console for now"?  My Duma OS doesn't recognize Call of on my PC.
I have been trying to prioritize my entire PC and stressing another device and it doesn't safe my ping on PC anyway. The Duma OS is so slow it s just horrible.
I'm about to return the product.

What version of DumaOS are you currently running? Have you setup any custom rules in Traffic Prioritisation? If so have these rules correctly detected traffic?

As I wrote above : new XR1000 DumaOS 3.0 ! I check the update and I have the last one installed. Call of duty is not listed in the Games list!
It is in the UNCATEGRORIZED folder with Street fighter and VPN, Whatapp,...! So yes I tried gaming as rule and then Uncategorized. No changes! 
nothing detected. I’m playing on PC. Thanks for your help in advance. 

• Administrators

Are you referring to Bandwidth Allocation? If so that won't do anything to improve your gameplay experience.

Traffic Prioritization, DumaOS Classified Games should cover CoD but if it doesn't then add your PC to Traffic Prioritization manually and choose the Games Console service, it will then prioritize the game.

Yes indeed it s about bandwidth allocation. That s what I did I prioritize my entire PC. As you can see in my screenshot before « call of » is not listed in the games but in this weird « Uncategorized » section with many games and apps as WhatsApp !

Regarding your recommendation I guess you are referring to the 3rd settings of the bandwidth allocation, right? I could try to add my pc there and select « game console » as you mentioned but it s so weird to use « game console » service on a pc ! It really looks like this Duma OS 3.0 is not mature at all. 

• Administrators

Gaming uses very little Bandwidth so you don't need to give it that much - that's a very new feature being able to assign bandwidth to applications so we're still improving it.

Yes Traffic Prioritization. Does DumaOS Classified Games not appear enabled when playing? Games Console is a generic gaming rule - it doesn't apply just to consoles

Nope DumaOs classified games doesn’t appear when playing call of duty modern warfare.

Good to know for the « gaming console » naming. 

Are you also improve the speed of the OS ? I bought this new xr1000 in order to get something which reacts. For the moment I have to wait so long to open Qos and apply modifications. Most of the times I get error message as it took too long to apply modifications. 

I'm back with my tests done.

1) Disable Armor improves a lot the speed of Duma OS.
The sections are not opening in a second but it's much better and it doesn't crash anymore.

2) The Duma OS game recognition displays sometimes the 2 red dots when launch "Call Of Duty Modern Warfare" but then it disappears ( please check your games recognition list)

3) I tried your trick to prio my PC name + giving it the "Gaming console" status. The 2 red dots are there most of the time, so I guess it works. ( Thanks for the trick)

1 hour ago, LawB said:

I'm back with my tests done.

1) Disable Armor improves a lot the speed of Duma OS.
The sections are not opening in a second but it's much better and it doesn't crash anymore.

2) The Duma OS game recognition displays sometimes the 2 red dots when launch "Call Of Duty Modern Warfare" but then it disappears ( please check your games recognition list)

3) I tried your trick to prio my PC name + giving it the "Gaming console" status. The 2 red dots are there most of the time, so I guess it works. ( Thanks for the trick)

Yeah the lights can go off inbetween games or when you are on the main screen. The lights will come on once in a game and actually playing. 

Must be frustrating to see games console when playing pc but in all honesty it's no different than setting ports manually. Games console covers most of the ports and all needed for gaming so console or pc will be covered pretty much.

You could do what I did and manually assign 81 to 65535 that will prioritise all the ports and leave port 80 as this stops bandwidth control from working in my experience.