Netduma R2 Error Code

Cdog77

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 4/20/2021 at 8:24 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Are you playing on PC or on Console? If PC, could you try removing the Geo-filter profile, going to Device Manager, click on your PC and change it's device type to Playstation. Then re-add your Geo-filter profile and see if you still get the same error.

Still looking for answers my man. Getting the same error code still...

I have this issue from time to time as well.  This is really annoying.  I've been using polygon mode for a few weeks now.  On latest firmware.  If I'm fast enough it'll let me change away from polygon mode but the error keeps popping up every few seconds.  Unfortunately it won't save as if I leave Geo and come back, Poly is still enabled.

I was able to even remove my filter points by working so quickly and now my filter is totally gone but no matter what Poly stays enabled and the error persists. 

I restarted the router and it started in Poly mode with no filter, but no error.  I was able to turn poly off and it is now saving again.  Guess I won't be using this mode anymore.

image.png.e5988e9fa825229d7a72f6a264e4a886.png

image.thumb.png.f04bfb2cf6f1ed3dd9f4e71f95cc6e50.png

image.thumb.png.266ad024f702715da826a2e5ef7cfb9d.png

5 hours ago, fatal0Efx said:

I have this issue from time to time as well.  This is really annoying.  I've been using polygon mode for a few weeks now.  On latest firmware.  If I'm fast enough it'll let me change away from polygon mode but the error keeps popping up every few seconds.  Unfortunately it won't save as if I leave Geo and come back, Poly is still enabled.

I was able to even remove my filter points by working so quickly and now my filter is totally gone but no matter what Poly stays enabled and the error persists. 

I restarted the router and it started in Poly mode with no filter, but no error.  I was able to turn poly off and it is now saving again.  Guess I won't be using this mode anymore.

image.png.e5988e9fa825229d7a72f6a264e4a886.png

image.thumb.png.f04bfb2cf6f1ed3dd9f4e71f95cc6e50.png

image.thumb.png.266ad024f702715da826a2e5ef7cfb9d.png

yeah literally the only way I can fix this error code is by resetting my router. which I have to do multiple times a day not sure what it is

3 hours ago, Cdog77 said:

yeah literally the only way I can fix this error code is by resetting my router. which I have to do multiple times a day not sure what it is

When the issue occurs again, could you please grab a log file from System information and I'll look into it with the devs.

9 hours ago, fatal0Efx said:

So you only get the issues when in Polygon mode, and the only way to get out of this is to reset and switch back to Radius? Has the issue re-occured since?

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

So you only get the issues when in Polygon mode, and the only way to get out of this is to reset and switch back to Radius? Has the issue re-occured since?

Honestly I haven't paid enough attention to know if it is an issue only with Poly or not.  It usually takes a while for it to surface for me.  The last time I had this was weeks ago.  So it seems like the issue takes some time to build or something.

After restarting the router, the issue goes away entirely, regardless of mode.  I just went back into poly mode (with 32 points remaining) and it's currently not erroring out.

Were the logs I provided sufficient or are you looking for something else/more?

• Administrators

We've seen the error before so it's not too helpful but if we can figure out how it is reproduced that would be ideal. Next time it happens right click the page > inspect element, in the window that appears click the console tab then take a screenshot please

10 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

We've seen the error before so it's not too helpful but if we can figure out how it is reproduced that would be ideal. Next time it happens right click the page > inspect element, in the window that appears click the console tab then take a screenshot please

I've had this issue with both polygon mode and the other. This is just frustrating because I feel like I'm just answering a bunch of questions and it's taking a long time. I feel like a live chat or live support should be an option because this has been on going for weeks now.

8 hours ago, Cdog77 said:

I've had this issue with both polygon mode and the other. This is just frustrating because I feel like I'm just answering a bunch of questions and it's taking a long time. I feel like a live chat or live support should be an option because this has been on going for weeks now.

I can understand your frustrations, unforunately as we're only a small team we are unable to provide live chat or telephone support currently. Have you been able to grab a screenshot of the console tab as Fraser mentioned?

On 5/6/2021 at 1:49 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Will do.  

On a side note just checking to make sure I understood the instructions, I inspected the element of the geofilter page itself and see a number of errors.  Should I be concerned?

image.thumb.png.e5d836b801029e1b02afd2cdd9b82bf8.png

image.thumb.png.bcadd79c1fd95258888101ff482360da.png

• Administrators

Yeah it's getting clogged up there, to double check, click the circle with a line through it to clear then refresh the page with the window still open then take a screenshot once you see the error appear and an entry appears in the window

On 5/14/2021 at 7:13 AM, Netduma Liam said:

Thanks for sharing that!

Can it be replicated every time or was it just the once that you saw this?

Unfortunately that's the first and only time I've ever seen that.  I don't even remember what I did.  I think I had it on geo filter while I was active on other tabs for some time, and when I went back to make a change to the filter, the page refreshed into that error.  I basically keep my tabs open all the time and force Chrome to reopen them if I ever close my browser so Chrome eventually times them out and has to reload them when I reactivate.   Hope that helps.

15 hours ago, fatal0Efx said:

Unfortunately that's the first and only time I've ever seen that.  I don't even remember what I did.  I think I had it on geo filter while I was active on other tabs for some time, and when I went back to make a change to the filter, the page refreshed into that error.  I basically keep my tabs open all the time and force Chrome to reopen them if I ever close my browser so Chrome eventually times them out and has to reload them when I reactivate.   Hope that helps.

I see, OK, let me know if you're able to reproduce this and perhaps provide a log file at the same time. That would be super helpful!

• 1 month later...

So I got the RPC error again but unfortunately I needed to quickly resolve it so I was not able to get the requested data prior to restarting the router. 

I would say, though, everything has been fine since my last post though I normally leave GEO filter disabled.  This past week I re-enabled it and let it run for about 3 days before the error surfaced again.  During this time it was a normal filter (not fence), and as always I leave the R2 admin page open in an inactive tab in Chrome.  Upon going back to it to block a host I was on is when the symptom resurfaced.  Attached are teh router logs, if they are helpful.

log-1623973647992.txt

• Administrators

Thanks for this, I suspect leaving the interface open all the time may have something to do with it. Could you close it and only have it open while you're using it and see if it lasts longer before the error appears?

On 6/18/2021 at 11:33 AM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for this, I suspect leaving the interface open all the time may have something to do with it. Could you close it and only have it open while you're using it and see if it lasts longer before the error appears?

This doesn't seem to happen at all if the filter is disabled, fyi.  Just making sure that piece was known.  

11 hours ago, fatal0Efx said:

This doesn't seem to happen at all if the filter is disabled, fyi.  Just making sure that piece was known.  

OK, do you still see the issue if you don't leave the interface open? Could you also please go to the three-dot menu in the top right of the interface -> Advanced -> Rapp performance -> Click the advanced tab and hover your cursor slightly higher than the "Rapp" column. You should then see a "Show kernel values" checkbox appear, please check this and then click the Memory (P) column to sort by Memory usage and send a screenshot over of the table.

I have had this same issue when performing any actions on the UI. The error pops up and it is pretty annoying since it happens on all actions (i.e. setting geo-filter location, flushing cloud, adding device, deleting device, accepting peer connections, denying peer connections). 

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, Tyrant_LB said:

I have had this same issue when performing any actions on the UI. The error pops up and it is pretty annoying since it happens on all actions (i.e. setting geo-filter location, flushing cloud, adding device, deleting device, accepting peer connections, denying peer connections). 

I replied to your topic on this

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/23/2021 at 6:01 AM, Netduma Liam said:

OK, do you still see the issue if you don't leave the interface open? Could you also please go to the three-dot menu in the top right of the interface -> Advanced -> Rapp performance -> Click the advanced tab and hover your cursor slightly higher than the "Rapp" column. You should then see a "Show kernel values" checkbox appear, please check this and then click the Memory (P) column to sort by Memory usage and send a screenshot over of the table.

This is what it is currently.  Geofilter has been disabled since last issue though (and no crashes as expected).  Can you clarify your question?  Technically the interface isn't open all the time as it's in an inactive tab and often when I activate it I have to log back into it (not sure why it does that).  TBH though, I don't pay attention enough to know if I had a recent log in when the issue surfaces.  

image.thumb.png.5fc1e313254aa55abe0d379aa6f5d8e8.png

• Administrators
6 hours ago, fatal0Efx said:

This is what it is currently.  Geofilter has been disabled since last issue though (and no crashes as expected).  Can you clarify your question?  Technically the interface isn't open all the time as it's in an inactive tab and often when I activate it I have to log back into it (not sure why it does that).  TBH though, I don't pay attention enough to know if I had a recent log in when the issue surfaces.  

That's good to hear, thank you for the update, nothing out of the ordinary on that screenshot. We've got a patch we've been working on and we're very hopeful it will stop these issues, we're testing it now and then will be in the next version