WIFI Settings

Hello,

Can you please help me how to set up my Wifi, I just connected my phone to r2's wifi by default ( just simply write it's password with no additional settings ) and I have low connection to mobile apps, most of the time I have to wait a lot in loading session for some apps ( in my case online food apps / instagram / linkedIn ) - with mobile data I go instantly. Thank you !

• 2 weeks later...

Have you scanned The neighbouring channels to see if they are interfering and has anything new been added i.e. Bluetooth devices or any electrical equipment?

Are you connecting on the 5 GHz channel and you are seeing a drop on this?

it's right next to the internet provider router, I connected to the other router and works perfectly fine. I don t know what would be the reason to have such low connection on r2 ( on smartphone ). and yes, i m using the 5ghz channel. If you want me to attach some screenshots from `dumaos/` settings just tell me

1 hour ago, EspiritDeCorps said:

why would this be a problem, the isp wifi works perfectly fine and it's right next to them

Different internal shielding, different WiFi standards all have an impact on interference either from EMI, Bluetooth or other equipment using WiFi. This includes cables too. 

• Administrators

Disable the 2.4GHz WiFi, apply, wait 2 minutes, then re-enable and apply, is it any better then? I'd usually recommend doing this with a reboot but as 5GHz is fine I think we should see whether it improves without it first.

I disabled / enabled 2.4GHz, and after I pressed Reboot, router lost connection. I ve waited 20min and still doesen t connect. I can t even open dumaos/... i plugged/replugged the power supply and it s still dead. It connects for 3-4 sec (wired) and then boom, losts connection and its doing this over and over again.

The 2.4ghz / 5ghz are not flashing

@Netduma Fraser

5 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

Are you able to access the interface if you go to 192.168.77.1 in your browser? Are you still getting an IP address from the R2?

I cannot access 192.168.77.1 And I'm using Opera / Chrome ( "This site can’t be reached" )