Shadow banned..

PastorJohn

So 2 weeks I was shadow banned, wasn't sure why and this past sunday I got unshadow banned. So this past week I had been playing on my modem/router this week, and warzone was working perfectly fine. That being said, I plugged in my netduma r2 today for tarkov and then got on warzone. Immediately searching for a match I am going to <350 ms ping. So something is going on with the Netduma that Activision is flagging .

• Administrators

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I can 100% assure you that in the almost 7 years we've been around no one has been banned for using our router. The router doesn't help you cheat or anything like that, they also can't tell what router you are using. 

• 1 year later...

Old thread... but it seemed relevant.

Is it possible this changed? I'm as clean a player as it gets... just an old retired guy who wouldn't know how to purchase a hack let alone install one. However, I've been Shadow banned for certain for the past few days in Warzone. The ONLY competitive advantage I possibly could have is my NetDuma router. I don't VPN with it (not sure how). I have a polygon set up for the Western half of the US to limit my ping. If I'm playing with friends from the East Coast I turn it off. Thoughts? DUMAOS version R2 3.2.453.

Screenshot - Activision Account Under Review.PNG

• Administrators

I would reiterate what I said before, no one has been banned using our router, nor could they detect that you're using the Geo-Filter, to them it just looks like your unable to connect to some servers, people will have that regardless of the router they're using - they can't ban everyone who can't connect to a server. More than likely what has happened is you've encountered players who were so annoyed you killed them that they reported you and the system auto bans after a set amount of reports and once it gets in front of a person to look at you'd be unbanned, as was likely the case for the original poster.

Didn't know if the new Ricochet system, with kernel level access, had other potential more evolved than at the time of the OP. For now, I bide my time I guess. It's a price to pay for limiting cheaters I guess.

PS... you all are great at follow-up and response. Thank you for great customer service.

• Administrators
On 9/21/2022 at 8:03 AM, Basq said:

i was shadow banned for 6 days, no cheating ever, only the router. 2 days ago i was un shadow banned and now i am again :( never had this issue before the router

As above it won't be the router, likely people reporting you and then it's reversed once the proof has been reviewed.