NEW R1 FIRMWARE: 3.0.207

Netduma Liam

my bad.. had it in the 1 slot instead of the 2.

interesting kickback, since it was probably the first time I logged into the router without the modem inbetween.  new options in 'network settings' that werent there before.  as if my router was cloned to the factory version the whole time.  fatal microsoft edge error occurred as well at the same time.  this was still when disconnected.   who cares, never use that crap anyway.

thx

8 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay good so all working now? Do you mean new options compared to the old version? 

settings for dmz, Spanning Tree Protocol,  mac address cloning , etc are there now...that i'm absolutely sure were never there for me to adjust prior,  whether it was older or newer version.

• Administrators
12 hours ago, sitefresh said:

settings for dmz, Spanning Tree Protocol,  mac address cloning , etc are there now...that i'm absolutely sure were never there for me to adjust prior,  whether it was older or newer version.

Yes they're all newer options on the latest version, perhaps old cache kept you from seeing them

• 2 weeks later...

des new sur la fin de la beta firmware pour le r1 ?? cela fait bien longtemp que le routeur a besoin d'évoluer! penser quand meme que c'est nous le R1 qui vous a fais connaitre . 

NOUVEAU FIRMWARE R1 : 3.0.207

3 minutes ago, nora said:

some new on the end of the beta firmware for the r1 ?? the router needs to evolve for a long time! think all the same that it is us the R1 who made you known. 

NEW FIRMWARE R1: 3.0.207

Cela arrivera une fois que nous aurons publié le firmware R2, après quoi nous porterons les mêmes modifications mais quelques modifications spécifiques à R1 sur le R1 et publierons un firmware pour cela.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Cela arrivera une fois que nous aurons publié le firmware R2, après quoi nous porterons les mêmes modifications mais quelques modifications spécifiques à R1 sur le R1 et publierons un firmware pour cela.

biensur mais cela fais combien de temps qu'il est en beta sur r1?? svp deja amélioré les fonctionalité car je pourais les sité tellement que l'os est tres fatiguée. je suis sur le firmware de base qui marche corectement ! mais plus de 6 ans chez duma r1 jai vu qu'il fallait investire sur un autre router mais ce n'est pas mieux 

6 minutes ago, nora said:

biensur mais cela fais combien de temps qu'il est en beta sur r1?? svp deja amélioré les fonctionalité car je pourais les sité tellement que l'os est tres fatiguée. je suis sur le firmware de base qui marche corectement ! mais plus de 6 ans chez duma r1 jai vu qu'il fallait investire sur un autre router mais ce n'est pas mieux 

3.0 n'est pas en version bêta sur le R1, il est entièrement publié. Nous publierons bientôt une autre mise à jour avec les derniers changements.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/16/2021 at 4:03 PM, Netduma Liam said:

3.0 n'est pas en version bêta sur le R1, il est entièrement publié. Nous publierons bientôt une autre mise à jour avec les derniers changements.

excuser moi mais il n'est pas en beta ? pourquoi énormément d'app sont pas accesible  ?accesible cela veut dire fonctionnelle ! auto setup je lance un test 100 / 86 il me donne a chaque fois et ce n'est pas jouable ! connection benchmark cela sert a quoi ? svp il est sortie mais pour moi il est tj en beta fin cela est un beta !! sorter la maj serieusement !!!!!

• Administrators
11 hours ago, nora said:

excuser moi mais il n'est pas en beta ? pourquoi énormément d'app sont pas accesible  ?accesible cela veut dire fonctionnelle ! auto setup je lance un test 100 / 86 il me donne a chaque fois et ce n'est pas jouable ! connection benchmark cela sert a quoi ? svp il est sortie mais pour moi il est tj en beta fin cela est un beta !! sorter la maj serieusement !!!!!

Ce que Liam voulait dire, c'est que la version bêta que nous avions avait été autorisée à être rendue publique. Nous travaillons sur un nouveau firmware pour le mettre à niveau avec le R2. Redémarrer le routeur à partir de l'interface, attendre 2 minutes avant de vous connecter permettra généralement à Rapps de se charger à nouveau correctement.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello guys,

I'm having an issue with bandwidth allocation. I have the slider at 100% for gaming with share excess on. I play mostly FIFA 22 andthe servers are not always detected as "gaming" for FIFA 22 in the network monitor but when they are detected as "gaming" shouldn't all other applications on every device stop working for as long as I'm in-game? 

As soon as the fifa match starts I start a speed test on my phone and the result is usually my full bandwidth as if no allocation was made. At 100% Shouldn't everything basically be disabled until I'm disconnected from the fifa match server?

• Administrators
1 hour ago, gameiznotover said:

Hello guys,

I'm having an issue with bandwidth allocation. I have the slider at 100% for gaming with share excess on. I play mostly FIFA 22 andthe servers are not always detected as "gaming" for FIFA 22 in the network monitor but when they are detected as "gaming" shouldn't all other applications on every device stop working for as long as I'm in-game? 

As soon as the fifa match starts I start a speed test on my phone and the result is usually my full bandwidth as if no allocation was made. At 100% Shouldn't everything basically be disabled until I'm disconnected from the fifa match server?

No because you have Share Excess enabled and gaming barely uses any Bandwidth, usually less than 1Mbps and it won't use any more than is needed so you have probably 99% of your bandwidth unused by gaming so it will go to other things that need it such as when doing a speedtest on another device.

• 5 weeks later...

Is this a way to have more consistent ping? I have contacted my provider and they say there isn’t anything wrong with my setup. I have fibre 1gb but the only way for me to have a consistent under load is to drop my speeds to 50mb. Any solution to improve my ping would be great! 

FA66A1A0-7F82-431D-AEAD-2E6B1511B2A7.jpeg

• Administrators
2 minutes ago, Swgohlegend said:

Is this a way to have more consistent ping? I have contacted my provider and they say there isn’t anything wrong with my setup. I have fibre 1gb but the only way for me to have a consistent under load is to drop my speeds to 50mb. Any solution to improve my ping would be great! 

Benchmark uses the Google servers for the ping tests so firstly I'd run a PingPlotter to a different site such as a local news site and see if that big spike happens there as well or if its just to Google. If it's just to Google then you could ignore it and use the new site to test for the best QoS settings. Follow this guide while saturating the connection with downloads, streams etc and see what percentage lowers PingPlotter the most. 

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Benchmark uses the Google servers for the ping tests so firstly I'd run a PingPlotter to a different site such as a local news site and see if that big spike happens there as well or if its just to Google. If it's just to Google then you could ignore it and use the new site to test for the best QoS settings. Follow this guide while saturating the connection with downloads, streams etc and see what percentage lowers PingPlotter the most. 

http://support.netduma.com/en/support/solutions/articles/16000074717-how-to-test-your-internet-ping

Okay I tried CTV news which is near my city.

the top we don’t focus but still see some consistent issues 

05BB7BC8-5EA0-48AF-AACE-28AE1533D846.jpeg

6 hours ago, Swgohlegend said:

Okay I tried CTV news which is near my city.

the top we don’t focus but still see some consistent issues 

That looks pretty good, did you try adjusting the percentages in Congestion Control 5% at a time? Are these the best results you landed at or is this the result of your first PingPlotter test?

3 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

That looks pretty good, did you try adjusting the percentages in Congestion Control 5% at a time? Are these the best results you landed at or is this the result of your first PingPlotter test?

I have adjusted a few things here and there but it doesn’t change the aspect of the graph. Why is the ping so high at the top? 

• Administrators
5 minutes ago, Swgohlegend said:

Never seen any issues. The more time place the better is usually is

Okay that's all good then so the spikes seem to just be to Google. Now I'd suggest saturating your connection with downloads/streams and see what Congestion Control percentages keep the ping as low as possible on PingPlotter.

• 5 months later...