Game mode on latest update

Hi,

On QoS when i put it to application rather than device how does this work. Does it only come into affect when it detects a game because i set the download to 3mbps and upload to 0.5mbps for gaming and my PC is set as a game console and also put in traffic prio - share excess unticked

When i run a speed test on the PC i get 500mbps down and 70mbps up

Even when i load up WZ and then minimize it and run a speed test its the same.

Is there something i am doing wrong or will i not be able to see the true speed test as the game needs to be full screen or something?

Cheers

Oh, I had share excess on! My bad,

Game ran perfectly fine though which is strange because normally I shoot first die first... Wonder if I have accidently fixed it? OR I wonder if its the time of day with BT. I normally play 7pm - 10pm.. Lag like a biiiiatch, shoot first die first.. all sorts of crazy shizzle

Played at 10am today - No issue, someone shot me from behind, I managed to turn and absolutely shred them... No way I would be able to do this before.. Who knows haha

4 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

Good work on resolving this! Yeah, CoD have a few servers that are only active during peak times so your experience can differ depending on the time of day you're playing.

Any update on the new xr1000 firmware? 

Gotcha. I have both the xr and R2 , I’ve got to say ; great work to the team but I feel like their are so many things that can easily fixed.

EX XR1000 layered firmware makes for terrible latency sometimes. Perhaps inject the netgear firmware via web socket or the cloud so it doesn’t interfere with the duma QoS.

EX DPI on xr1000 fires for some reason even though I have ps5. I thought DPI was just for PC?

Also, make specific ports for certain games, for certain consoles. 

Include some sort of packet acceleration ; changing the route of packets 

• Administrators

Games Console service uses ports, when traffic is detected on the ports for that device then it triggers. 

Other than Traffic Prio it can be used to detect the traffic types in Network Monitor for example

• Administrators
11 hours ago, CRarsenxL said:

What would be the benefit of enabling both duma os and games console? 

Nothing, you're trying to prioritize the same thing twice, if anything it could cause a weird conflict. For consoles it doesn't matter which you use - it's always prioritized based on ports.

9 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Nothing, you're trying to prioritize the same thing twice, if anything it could cause a weird conflict. For consoles it doesn't matter which you use - it's always prioritized based on ports.

Cod’s now a days use engine. ex : Cod uses the IW 8.0 engine. Should this be something you implement in the future? 

You have engines for battlefield and other games which also use ports.

Speaking on the xr1000, yes the interface is slow, but it isn’t a huge deal breaker as say, auto setup or CB not working. Xr1000 is supposed to be future proof ; however im finding the further back in firmwares I go, the better the games feels.

so far .47 feels the best. Testing the 44_33 right now. 

but .50 and .52 are not it whatso ever. Just my 2 cents. Not trying to be negative. Very appreciative of the duma staff for responding back :)

• Administrators

We can do that for PC but not for consoles - something to do with the way that consoles encrypt their packets if I remember rightly so we can't use DPI for them to determine whether it is a certain engine on console. We can/do that for PC.

Priorities will be things that are integral to the router functioning and serving its purpose, auto Setup isn't a priority as people can do it manually which is what everyone did before we introduced the feature, if the interface is too slow to change settings than that's something we need to resolve quickly but I do get your points. Totally understand and we appreciate the feedback!