XR1000 interface SLOW

• Administrators

This is something we're looking at currently. I would recommend in the meantime make sure you're accessing using HTTP not HTTPS, use Google Chrome and clear the browser cache/cookies and reload each page on the interface, it should be a bit faster after that.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, Lefty said:

Same problem here.  Suggest you fix HTTPS access as many of us use Firefox with Enable HTTPS-Only Mode in all windows selected.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I'm not sure it's something we can fix necessarily as we've looked at it before and might be the browser, we'll look again. If you force HTTP is it any faster?

Hi,

Tried Pale Moon without the force to https on http://192.168.1.1/desktop/index.html#com.netdumasoftware.desktop. Still dog slow but perhaps a little bit faster than Firefox https.

PS. I sent you a private message about Connection Benchmark (CB) giving me the wrong speed, 440mbps when I only get about 250mbps on Ethernet at modem and router ports. Using Spectrum cable.

Interesting thing I just discovered about this right now is if I run a continuous speed test against the router, (showing 200 to 250 mbps) CB gives me what seems to be the correct reading of 244mbps.

What gives?

Lefty aka Mike

Not sure exactly what you are getting at but the A rating is about 440mbps which I have seen from day one (I bought an RX1000 a few weeks ago to replace a R7000) and the D rating is about 240mbps which I get under continuous load using startrinity.com CST software using another machine plugged into the router.

What I am looking to explore is why do I have to put a load against the router to get an accurate connection speed benchmark from your OS.

Anyway here is another shot I just took without the load:

1242376526_CBscreenshot.thumb.JPG.0a681f89a076929bec9c17263975cb53.JPG

OK, I pay for 400mbps and am getting about 200mbps give or take from Spectrum.

I don't want to seem dense but I don't understand completely what you are getting at. My RX1000 is at factory default settings. I have not modified anything because I know enough to know that I don't know what I am doing yet with this machine.

See below:

748121130_congestioncontrol.thumb.JPG.a688ba520950d8f0efb5092a2eca0a0e.JPG

OK, thanks. Great. So I did that. Then I looked at the Set Bandwidth Speeds button for the first time.

So I did an auto detect and saved it.

1495267893_autodetect.JPG.84c4eeddd2ec835869638b0db20132c4.JPG

169946900_newspeeds.JPG.11f35e6636a37b39c839708748421106.JPG

Then I ran another speed test with CB.

1982828265_CBtest.JPG.3ec3766a84502e445424599d5a6f0a64.JPG

It still does not match the 250mbps coming off the modem port or the router port but it is closer.

What about a feature upgrade for CB where you could do the speed test for 10,20,30 minutes or set to continuous? I think that these short tests are erratic at best.

I am trying to see the bandwidth that I am getting from my ISP without having to plug into the modem or router all the time.

Thanks,

Mike

PS. I wish that I could adjust the size of these graphics from within the forum software. I do however really like this forum software, best I have seen since Microsoft Answer forum.

• Administrators

Don't let it detect your speeds because it is not detecting them as they should be, you should be getting what you pay for direct to the modem and from a speed test direct to the XR - you can ignore the CB speed test, we're still improving upon that. Thanks for the suggestions, it may be something we implement in future.

Well Fraser, I have had three Spectrum technicians, and two Field Supervisors here over the past month doing exactly that. As of this week, they stopped looking at me and are now looking at their network. Progress! Although if you are looking for a laugh on a Friday afternoon, have a look at this.

Thanks for being honest about CB. I assume that I will I be notified of the next OS update?

Thanks,

Mike

" but it will be done within the next few firmwares. "

Not to beat a dead horse, but I am trying to discern the difference between these two. Do they update separately or together?

DumaOS Version

3.0.187 and firmware version XR1000 1.0.0.52_1.0.38

• Administrators

The DumaOS version is the version of DumaOS we provide to Netgear for implementation into a firmware, then along with any changes they make that will make up the firmware version such as .52 you've mentioned. For the end customer a new firmware version will be provided for updates to DumaOS, other than our cloud based systems to update Ping Heatmap etc.

7 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

That's great to hear! Keep us posted!

Maybe not the next one as there are more serious bugs to fix but it will be done within the next few firmwares. 

Like what? :)

Hello, I hope an update for the slow interface will be soon i use the router interface alot, I have the armor feature disabled aswell.  Thank you I am using Google Chrome.

• Administrators
55 minutes ago, TxFrog33 said:

Hello, I hope an update for the slow interface will be soon i use the router interface alot, I have the armor feature disabled aswell.  Thank you I am using Google Chrome.

We're working on it! Sorry for the inconvenience!

Someone suggested doing this, could you try it and see if it speeds up the interface? 

"Chrome's site settings and enable Insecure content and disable images."

On 3/19/2021 at 2:09 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Thanks for the suggestions, it may be something we implement in future.

Not to push my luck, but for a speed test from CB it would be nice to log the data and dump it to a csv file for charting in Excel.

Mike