Need help! Iv tried multiple settings to get my proper speeds and nothing worked.

Reyesjr89

I disabled qos I disabled goodput. I got my Pc IP address for the DMZ and still nothing . I disabled IPV6 in LAN settings and in WAN settings I disabled syn flood control port scan control! 
Also I’m only getting 37 upload and 600 to 650 download in netduma R2 app on pc so I’m still missing 350 download speed and no I don’t trust Speedtest . Net either 

I don’t even have a device in geo filter setup yet ummm I think I did everything and on my other linksys WRT ac 3200 I pull 37 upload and 950 download all day long . I really want to love this netduma R2 but I’m running out of patience here I got this router so I could play on west coast servers and get better ping and no lag ect 

Someone please help me thank you  

15 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If you don't trust speedtest.net where are you testing the speeds exactly?

I am testing the speeds in the netduma controll panel and when I do my speed test on the links controll panel I get 37 amd 950 when I do speed test on Speedtest .net with links router I get above 900 sometimes 950 with 37 upload . 

when I do speed test with netduma on Speedtest.net then I get 725 download ans 37 upload when I do it on the netduma app I only get 600-650 so yea What else do I need to do to get my speeds for the plan I pay for ? 

• Administrators

Okay don't use Connection Benchmark for the speed test as we're still improving the results there.

Lets go with speedtest.net as you get your paid speeds on there through the other router. 

You said you disabled IPv6 but you're posting to the forum using IPv6, are ALL devices connected to the R2 when testing?

6 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay don't use Connection Benchmark for the speed test as we're still improving the results there.

Lets go with speedtest.net as you get your paid speeds on there through the other router. 

You said you disabled IPv6 but you're posting to the forum using IPv6, are ALL devices connected to the R2 when testing?

But I’m suppose to get as close as I can to giga blast and I’m not getting that at all not even on Speedtest.Net and all devices are connected but some are not on and some are 

11 hours ago, Reyesjr89 said:

But I’m suppose to get as close as I can to giga blast and I’m not getting that at all not even on Speedtest.Net and all devices are connected but some are not on and some are 

Are you saying you are using both your isp router and the R2 to handle connections. If so that is an issue as the R2 needs to handle your network as that will mess your speeds up if other devices are using the network via your isp router.

Can you confirm ipv6 is off for Fraser.

On 3/13/2021 at 11:39 AM, Reyesjr89 said:

I disabled qos I disabled goodput. I got my Pc IP address for the DMZ and still nothing . I disabled IPV6 in LAN settings and in WAN settings I disabled syn flood control port scan control! 
Also I’m only getting 37 upload and 600 to 650 download in netduma R2 app on pc so I’m still missing 350 download speed and no I don’t trust Speedtest . Net either 

I don’t even have a device in geo filter setup yet ummm I think I did everything and on my other linksys WRT ac 3200 I pull 37 upload and 950 download all day long . I really want to love this netduma R2 but I’m running out of patience here I got this router so I could play on west coast servers and get better ping and no lag ect 

Someone please help me thank you  

Having the same issue where it chops off about 100-200 mbps off my download.

upload seems fine

19 hours ago, CRarsenxL said:

Having the same issue where it chops off about 100-200 mbps off my download.

upload seems fine

Yea I’m not really sure what to do at this point and my wifi cuts out sometimes as well and my wife works from home so that’s a no no . Just wish I didn’t have to jump through hoops to get the internet my provider offers me I love the features but the hoops I jump through is not worth it 

31 minutes ago, Reyesjr89 said:

Yea I’m not really sure what to do at this point and my wifi cuts out sometimes as well and my wife works from home so that’s a no no . Just wish I didn’t have to jump through hoops to get the internet my provider offers me I love the features but the hoops I jump through is not worth it 

Hi.

Can i ask are your speeds low on Wi-Fi and hard wired?

15 hours ago, Reyesjr89 said:

Are you using both the ISP router and the R2 to handle connections? 

Can you confirm if IPv6 is disabled?

Can you guys send me a link to what I need to do to send this back it’s just not for me it’s not living up to the hype at all I don’t get my speeds I pay for and the thing shuts wifi off once a day while my wife works from home so that’s not fun to get disconnected when she’s working with customers ect and in meetings here is my email [email protected] if you guys can send me a email on what you want me to do and where to send it so I can just get my money back thank you 

Just swapped back to the router I mentioned in the original post up above and I’m getting 940 download and 35 upload 🙏🏼 Sucks that the netduma doesn’t perform like I wanted it too if you guys can give me a link or email on how to send it back that would be awesome I havnt even had the router for a month yet just no time to keep messing with it anymore 

• Administrators

You said you disable Goodput but you actually need that enabled to get a more accurate speed test result so I would suggest re-enabling that and trying again. What WiFi settings are you using currently? Is it a pure modem (no wifi) or a modem/router (wifi) that you're using with the R2? You can see the process/terms at netduma.com/terms

This product is definitely faulty because I tried all your guys settings when I plugged my other router in I get 900 plus download and 35 upload so no way I’m not going to not get my money back cause I see a 14 day return and I’m not about to throw away $150 for a router that doesn’t do what it’s suppose to do