Geofilter Issues?

Wayne

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Okay great! So now go to the Geo-Filter and draw a polygon on the area where the 65 ping server is, then boot up the game and see if that allows you to get it

Hope is set properly. Should i give it a try with MW or Cold War?

image.thumb.png.11f1d2228728f36281d01ce910215b35.png

• Administrators

Give it a try with MW as we know the server is definitely there - people have been reporting some weird behavior with MW which we're investigating. Otherwise try Cold War, if it's not working don't worry as we'll update heatmap on Monday so then you can check it again for Cold War and if needed change your Geo polygons.

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Give it a try with MW as we know the server is definitely there - people have been reporting some weird behavior with MW which we're investigating. Otherwise try Cold War, if it's not working don't worry as we'll update heatmap on Monday so then you can check it again for Cold War and if needed change your Geo polygons.

Tried on MW on the 65 ms Server. No games found.

image.thumb.png.fc21246fc626aba700e24dccb15304d0.pngimage.thumb.png.64d815d5a17525bc250c0b163c96f3c9.png

image.png

20 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Check it again on Monday around 6pm GMT and see what servers appear on heatmap and then change your Geo settings accordingly

Checked past 6 pm GMT and still theres only 1 server on CW. Failed 50. However, theres a lot more of MW servers and theres a 65 ms server.image.thumb.png.d871a864b6ab08437cacad6350cb439f.pngimage.thumb.png.20908027a9d49f984decc8d0649138bf.png

• Administrators
35 minutes ago, Iihammerdownii said:

Heat map times out still.. and geo filter today won’t block ping assist servers and players. Connecting out of my strict area. 

any help would be great. Got the beta .108

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I would recommend upgrading to the latest beta here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0 then doing a factory reset and try again after that.

4 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

It should be working now, give the router a reboot and then re-sync the cloud in Heatmap options

Did a reboot and Forced Cloud update and now more servers appear on CW. Thats great news!

Theres a 67 ms server on Miami. Should i delete the device, flush cloud, add the device and draw a polygon on the Miami server area? or maybe is that an authentication server? What would you recommend me? On Ping Heatmap, Is there a more easy way just to click on that server or saving it without drawing a polygon or setting the location as usual, so i could always connect to that server ?

image.png

• Administrators

Yes I would recommend doing that for the Miami server, see where the 64ms server is as well and see if you can get that without risking other higher ping servers in the same cluster.

No not currently but we are actually working on making Ping Heatmap and the Geo-Filter more integrated.

1.) So I Did heat map ping to find warzone server locations.

2.) Put my geo filter over one of the ping servers on strict.

3.)Then I loaded up the game, the second picture is all the servers that pop up when connecting to game servers.

Filtering on the heatmap server location didn’t connect to any games. I then moved my filter over Texas server that showed on game loading screen and it worked. 

Maybe I’m not using the heatmap/geo filter properly. Any help to a different topic on steps to run this properly would be great. 

19 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes I would recommend doing that for the Miami server, see where the 64ms server is as well and see if you can get that without risking other higher ping servers in the same cluster.

No not currently but we are actually working on making Ping Heatmap and the Geo-Filter more integrated.

I drew a few "polygons" in two areas when i found 66 ms servers on Ping Heatmap one on Miami and another one on New York. Also, the north Texas server is a very decent 100 ms server so i also drew a "polygon" on it. The north east one (New York) is 66 - 68 ms for both MW and CW. The Miami one is 66 ms. I found games Easily in MW, however on CW sometimes is a struggle to find some games.

In pic 1, i was on a 70 - 77 ms Miami server while in game on MW. Now, my question is: what server im exactly connected to? Since the legend says Miami is just an authentication server and a Virginia server that just appear is an Allowed Server?

In pic 2 is basically the same as pic 1. This time Server icon appeared on Texas while the Allowed Server appeared again on Virginia.

By the way, im located on Ecuador, South-America.

image.thumb.png.7f4fccb9afabbfbf761e21a1dc2b4134.png

image.thumb.png.ef3394030e5ae7b873aedaeca3a6c0ce.png

31 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The one on the coast is the authentication server, the ones within your polygons are the host. Try playing during peak times in a few hours time and it will likely be easier to find games

So should i just delete the polygon on the coast (Miami)?