Geofilter Issues?

Wayne

Spain server is online, I have tried with different "home locations" as well and am having the same issue. My Issue is that it tries to connect to servers outside of the radius and will not find a game.

first time trying to use geofilter / router just installed.

edit: further context, i start warzone, click play and it just stays searching for game 40 ms>

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(1).png

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(2).png

• Administrators

Please do the following:

1. Quit Warzone/Blizzard completely - including from the System tray
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. In Device Manager give the PC a PlayStation device type and apply
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option
  5. In Geo-Filter Map options untick fast search
  6. Resync the cloud
  7. Set up your radius how you like - keep Ping Assist on 0
  8. Wait 2 minutes
  9. Boot up the game

See if it works better then but the Spanish server is notoriously hard to get into.

6 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Please do the following:

1. Quit Warzone/Blizzard completely - including from the System tray
  2. Remove device from the Geo-Filter
  3. In Device Manager give the PC a PlayStation device type and apply
  4. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter and select the manual option
  5. In Geo-Filter Map options untick fast search
  6. Resync the cloud
  7. Set up your radius how you like - keep Ping Assist on 0
  8. Wait 2 minutes
  9. Boot up the game

See if it works better then but the Spanish server is notoriously hard to get into.

will give it a try now, i tried so many locations that was just the screenshot i ended up taking

same issue, and now i have an issue with discord, it keeps saying "no route"  "rtc connecting" when geo filter is on.

edit: fixed discord issue by using auto ping host and allowing the server when it tried to connect

edit edit: fixed not being able to join game by acceping the cod server and allowing it when it popped up in geo-filter, do i have to accept every server ?

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(4).png

33 minutes ago, Wayne said:

same issue, and now i have an issue with discord, it keeps saying "no route"  "rtc connecting" when geo filter is on.

edit: fixed discord issue by using auto ping host and allowing the server when it tried to connect

edit edit: fixed not being able to join game by acceping the cod server and allowing it when it popped up in geo-filter, do i have to accept every server ?

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(4).png

So you are saying you are filtering to Spain, accepted Spain server and now you find games on that server? So filter works? 

10 minutes ago, Darren Munnich said:

So you are saying you are filtering to Spain, accepted Spain server and now you find games on that server? So filter works? 

Seatle, but yes after I accept it (allow) it connects to the server, however is there a way to auto-allow? I'd hate to click allow to every server before i play

edit: texas server will not pop up for me to allow, very fusterating.

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(6).png

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(5).png

Well done on that, that might have just been a server required for authentication so you shouldn't need to do it every time

:( I don't understand why it's trying to connect to newyork, and why it won't connect to the one I allowed in texas.

edit: when in warzone it is just stuck at looking for game 50ms>

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(8).png

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(7).png

The one in NY is an authentication server so that won't be the game server. It looks like you're in the game in that second screenshot, is that not the case?

that is not the case, i was in pre game lobby searching for game stuck at 50ms>

great to know that the NY server is just authentication that is very useful, im certain its something on my end or im doing something incorrect, i will try to follow your steps again from the start and see if anything has changed

not sure what i didn't do correct the first time, but second time around following your steps in order from 1-9 worked like a charm, appreciate it so much, I have one final question in my next post!

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(11).png

Untitled.png

15 hours ago, Wayne said:

not sure what i didn't do correct the first time, but second time around following your steps in order from 1-9 worked like a charm, appreciate it so much, I have one final question in my next post!

Screenshot_2021-03-04 Geo-Filter - DumaOS(11).png

Untitled.png

Hi. Im having the same issue. I set a location and the Geo Filter is always trying to connect me to any other server. Also, im on DumaOs on the R1 and the layout is kinda different. What you did fo tix the issue?

14 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Great to hear that! They could be, is that where you are based, in Texas? If so at least the 10ms one will be.

Hi. Thats exactly the same issue im having. Is there a way to know the difference between a game server and authetication server on the R1? Also, im based on Ecuador, south-america and the closest server to me or at least the server that gives me less ping is Miami. What server would you recomend to me since now i know that Miami server is an authentication server?

• Administrators
4 hours ago, thewilloxdiaz said:

Hi. Thats exactly the same issue im having. Is there a way to know the difference between a game server and authetication server on the R1? Also, im based on Ecuador, south-america and the closest server to me or at least the server that gives me less ping is Miami. What server would you recomend to me since now i know that Miami server is an authentication server?

If we have the server added as an authentication server then it will appear with a white circle around it. We've just finished our new cloud tools which will make updating the cloud much easier, along with ensuring servers are more accurately located. Have you ever played on the Miami server? Servers cluster together so it may just be one server in that location that is an auth server rather than all of them.

2 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

If we have the server added as an authentication server then it will appear with a white circle around it. We've just finished our new cloud tools which will make updating the cloud much easier, along with ensuring servers are more accurately located. Have you ever played on the Miami server? Servers cluster together so it may just be one server in that location that is an auth server rather than all of them.

In all COD games i always, or most of the times, i set my location on Miami because gives me less ping no matter the game. I have PC and PS4 and Miami is the best location. What server would you recommend me to connect to? Is there an update for the R1 so i can take advantage to those new tools? 

image.png

• Administrators

Ahh you're not on the beta yet, that should really help you. I've given you access, make sure you factory reset after the upgrade. Then use Ping Heatmap to identify where the best servers are and place polygons over those areas - even if they appear mislocated. https://forum.netduma.com/forum/130-dumaos-30-beta-netduma-r1/

8 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Ahh you're not on the beta yet, that should really help you. I've given you access, make sure you factory reset after the upgrade. Then use Ping Heatmap to identify where the best servers are and place polygons over those areas - even if they appear mislocated. https://forum.netduma.com/forum/130-dumaos-30-beta-netduma-r1/

Nope, im on version R1 2.1.3.29. So, i download the file, then, on the top right corner in the update icon i just select the file, update, and do a factory reset?

image.pngimage.png.f933c003aac1681e63d0eeafbde3a7d6.pngimage.png.94e4049adfe9707c09172623c5e00ad7.png

5 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Yes that's right, wait 2 minutes after you have started the upgrade, then access the interface to make sure it worked, then factory reset from the interface.

Managed to upgrage to the new OS but it have an issue. It says "The Rapp is not loaded yet, please try again in a munute" in all options. Did a reboot and nothing. Not even the Dashboard loads.

image.thumb.png.ffac591b04755ee41318a1e0da265cc7.pngimage.thumb.png.d70d4d600a82a34334875149bb91f449.pngimage.thumb.png.7f5f2a12558c19e7259469c3e294d3f1.pngimage.thumb.png.18314268b1506dab868f2cb2fa533e8c.png

3 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Did you do a factory reset on the interface as by the error it looks as though you may not yet have done this

Yes, did it once. Had to do another factory reset and now the issue is sorted. Thanks for the update. Now, how should i use the Ping Heatmap you suggested? I choose COD Cold War and theres only 1 server and then failed 50. Is that correct? 

image.png

• Administrators

Since I suggested it the servers have changed or something changed on our side and we need to update Ping Heatmap over the cloud, I have already let the team know and they will resolve it as soon as they can on Monday. Ping Warzone instead as the servers should be similar and then try polygon mode over those locations on the Geo-Filter.

9 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Since I suggested it the servers have changed or something changed on our side and we need to update Ping Heatmap over the cloud, I have already let the team know and they will resolve it as soon as they can on Monday. Ping Warzone instead as the servers should be similar and then try polygon mode over those locations on the Geo-Filter.

I also have MW and WARZONE installed on Blizzard. Theres a server with 65 ms, the lowest i ever had because my current location. What should i do now? Im basically new to this Ping Heatmap thing. image.thumb.png.b5944182dabd56cea51e40a879108ef6.png