cod cold war lag

celebrimbor93

i noticed in cod lots of times the person who killed me is not on my screen yet , i die and then they appear like a half second later , i recorded plenty of footage of this . my internet is 1gb download and 45mbps upload , i tried everything i could think of to try to eliminate or minimize this issue but it seems like a plague that wont gow away , it even happens on lobbies where my ping is 25 or 30 and constantly as well .does anyone know whats the cause of this  ? or how to minimize it from happening . ?

12 minutes ago, celebrimbor93 said:

i noticed in cod lots of times the person who killed me is not on my screen yet , i die and then they appear like a half second later , i recorded plenty of footage of this . my internet is 1gb download and 45mbps upload , i tried everything i could think of to try to eliminate or minimize this issue but it seems like a plague that wont gow away , it even happens on lobbies where my ping is 25 or 30 and constantly as well .does anyone know whats the cause of this  ? or how to minimize it from happening . ?

Its happening to me also. Probably nothing can be done router wise, just have to wait for the game to get better.

It's become worse after this new patch for me. I also have fibre and ping shows 20-30 max in-game, I'm connecting to a local server and the next closest server will give me 120ms so that's not an option.

Whatever they've done, it seems to be working for some people and not for others. From what I know, the guys I play with that have fibre are having a hard time but the 1 crap ISP guy hasn't noticed a difference. Maybe they're messing around with the lag comp and it's penalising good internet players even more now..?

1 hour ago, johnnytran said:

It's become worse after this new patch for me. I also have fibre and ping shows 20-30 max in-game, I'm connecting to a local server and the next closest server will give me 120ms so that's not an option.

Whatever they've done, it seems to be working for some people and not for others. From what I know, the guys I play with that have fibre are having a hard time but the 1 crap ISP guy hasn't noticed a difference. Maybe they're messing around with the lag comp and it's penalising good internet players even more now..?

it is really weird i play lots of shooter games and i dont have this problem at all . only call of duty  , is it server tickrate ?

19 minutes ago, celebrimbor93 said:

it is really weird i play lots of shooter games and i dont have this problem at all . only call of duty  , is it server tickrate ?

I have no idea tbh. When I see people complain they always mention it's only cod that does this, every other game is fine. Could be a combination of bad performing servers and whatever networking tweaks they do silently in the background

• Administrators
11 hours ago, celebrimbor93 said:

i see the ping through the game , its not spiking it goes between 25-30 

Try and force servers further away, even though your ping will be higher - try for the 40-60ms range and see if it is any better.

16 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Try and force servers further away, even though your ping will be higher - try for the 40-60ms range and see if it is any better.

i tried all sorts of servers , it is a problem with the game itself , where the refresh rate of the server is low i think because the game seems out of sync like sometimes the person comes around the corner and kills you before you see them , after death they appear on the screen  . unless people are lagging on purpose or something . that will be a huge mystery to solve .  i recently discovered that california servers have the worst hit detection so i switched to one in nebraska and the hit detection is a lot better and my ping is lower , im pretty close to california but their servers are just terrible .

On 2/27/2021 at 1:42 PM, Netduma Fraser said:

Frasers right

I have force myself onto the poland server.

giving me 80 ping

Everything feels way more normal now

(Not placebo by the way)

On 2/28/2021 at 6:10 AM, celebrimbor93 said:

i tried all sorts of servers , it is a problem with the game itself , where the refresh rate of the server is low i think because the game seems out of sync like sometimes the person comes around the corner and kills you before you see them , after death they appear on the screen  . unless people are lagging on purpose or something . that will be a huge mystery to solve .  i recently discovered that california servers have the worst hit detection so i switched to one in nebraska and the hit detection is a lot better and my ping is lower , im pretty close to california but their servers are just terrible .

These things tend to change with updates to CW, we often see reports of a once stable server presenting connection difficulties shortly after an update.

Continue to experiment with other servers and see which offers you the best connection, if you've got any further questions feel free to give us a shout!

i also have 1gig down 45up... playing cold war exclusively,  on the netduma with both filter on and off to try to duplicate your problem, but i dont seem to be able to achive it... im on ps5 120fps 4k on LG CX with game-mode on which is almost no input lag..  the only time i feel as though the enemy appears or has the drop on me even when i shoot first, is when i play on 60fps

Evc13zvWgAA6rg3.jfif