Let’s talk about the XR1000

CRarsenxL

My XR1000 has issues with iOS devices and QoS. No matter what priority I set I get lag spikes when sharing iOS devices on the same 5GHz signal as my PS5. When I move my iphone or ipad to 2.4 the PS5 goes back to how it should perform. I would like, if possible, to do a teamviewer session with someone at Netduma to review my settings to see if I misconfigured a feature. I also don't feel I am getting a full Wifi 6 experience because my speeds are no different than when I was using the XR500. My ISP is AT&T Fiber and I have killed all of the filtering enabled on the provided modem and still get a NAT 2 on the PS5. Any help or configuration suggestions are welcomed.

• Administrators
24 minutes ago, MaDDoX-03 said:

My XR1000 has issues with iOS devices and QoS. No matter what priority I set I get lag spikes when sharing iOS devices on the same 5GHz signal as my PS5. When I move my iphone or ipad to 2.4 the PS5 goes back to how it should perform. I would like, if possible, to do a teamviewer session with someone at Netduma to review my settings to see if I misconfigured a feature. I also don't feel I am getting a full Wifi 6 experience because my speeds are no different than when I was using the XR500. My ISP is AT&T Fiber and I have killed all of the filtering enabled on the provided modem and still get a NAT 2 on the PS5. Any help or configuration suggestions are welcomed.

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately we only do TeamViewer sessions rarely when investigating something specific related to a bug we're investigating. If you receive your full speeds via WiFi anyway then there would be no difference on the 1000 - especially if you don't have any devices that support WiFi 6. Can you provide a screenshot of the QoS settings you're using please? I'd also suggest if you have to use WiFi to connect the console that you use 2.4GHz instead.

12 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Hey, welcome to the forum!

Unfortunately we only do TeamViewer sessions rarely when investigating something specific related to a bug we're investigating. If you receive your full speeds via WiFi anyway then there would be no difference on the 1000 - especially if you don't have any devices that support WiFi 6. Can you provide a screenshot of the QoS settings you're using please? I'd also suggest if you have to use WiFi to connect the console that you use 2.4GHz instead.

Hi Fraser,

Both of the iOS devices and PS5 are listed as WiFi 6 certified. Here is the current settings I have for QOS

image.thumb.png.401f4d48efad90964454dca322b0830d.png

• Administrators
53 minutes ago, MaDDoX-03 said:

Hi Fraser,

Both of the iOS devices and PS5 are listed as WiFi 6 certified. Here is the current settings I have for QOS

Are those your actual speeds? You're not using QoS at all which is probably why you're seeing lag

42 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Are those your actual speeds? You're not using QoS at all which is probably why you're seeing lag

Fraser,

Those were the settings set by the auto setup tool. I have moved the sliders, manually adjusted speeds, and toggled always/auto-enable. Nothing changed in terms of performance.

4 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

The speeds shown there 920/940, is that what you get from the ISP/a speed test from a wired PC? Auto Setup is still being improved upon so may be better to manually adjust it for now.

Fraser those are the speeds when I allow the router to determine the speed from the modem (Setup Wizard). I have disabled Mu-Mimo at @CRarsenxL 's suggestion. I have also set sliders down to 40% and turned on Auto-Enable. 

On 2/23/2021 at 9:02 PM, CRarsenxL said:

I got the iPhone 12 Pro which is WiFi 6. I get same speeds ax on or off. 

If you install WiFi Sweetspots a free app you can double check the throughput. Bear in mind I believe it’s a 2x2 connection for the iPhone if memory serves me right.