My geo filter shows nothing and im still getting into servers over 70 ping

iking95

I've already done what e seen posted in here. Flushing the cloud, removing and re-adding the pc, changing the pc to PlayStation, the ip addresses are the same. 

Sometimes I will get it to work and ill get into 20 ping lobbies then next game it just doesn't work. Im in Seattle not sure why its placed me in the middle of America. I also dont understand how the server in Seattle/Vancouver is a 70ping but the server in Wyoming is 15 ping. Also don't get why Seattle will have a server one month then it'll disappear the next.   I usally draw boxes around  the states near me with the lowest ping if I add Washington into the mix I only get over 70 ping. 

1265436112_router1.thumb.png.f1be553d29277315ff37a6842f11ffd8.png

963788127_router2.thumb.png.a1e34beb353b1215f12a88251febc0ea.png154106580_wyoming.png.552d4ea19d2edc855b8fdd54f7091ee8.png

seattle.thumb.png.7e31c771bd48c6dcb0034915dc53e375.png1791597375_middleamerica.png.0ae487e673a06a7ca553dd005dc931d6.png

Thats what Im doing in those pictures(using the heat map to find servers). I dont get anything popping on the geo filter.  Do you get why a server closer to me is a higher ping than one thats a few states away?

• Administrators

You will only see icons on the Geo-Filter map when you're actually searching for a game - do you see that? 

As mentioned they will be mislocated on the map so a server that is far away on the map with a low ping will in reality be located closer to you. So if you use the Polygon mode to draw around the servers with low ping regardless of their current location then you will have a better experience.

Ahhh that makes sense, im assuming using polygon mode will be more beneficial than radius mode? Im going to restart my computer and router then ill take a screenshot of what it looks like when searching because usually nothing shows up when searching 

11 hours ago, iking95 said:

Ahhh that makes sense, im assuming using polygon mode will be more beneficial than radius mode? Im going to restart my computer and router then ill take a screenshot of what it looks like when searching because usually nothing shows up when searching 

In this scenario yeah, you're probably best off using Polygon mode! Let us know how you get on!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Do this please and see if it improves:

1. Quit the game and Battle.net client - quit from the PC system tray as well.
  2. Remove the device from the Geo-Filter
  3. Go to Device Manager and give the PC a PlayStation device type
  4. Flush the cloud
  5. Re-add the device to the Geo-Filter selecting the manual option
  6. Setup your settings with 0 Ping Assist
  7. Wait 2 minutes
  8. Boot up the game

I'm having the same issues except on the PS4. No servers for COD show up on the geo filter. I'm using v 2.3.2.66

When I use the heat map, one shows up. It's like all the servers disappeared. I get put in lobbies 100+

ping set to 0 for the area I want. When I connect to CoD online, no servers show up. All of my settings are set exactly how they were recommended by Fraser. The only thing that shows up on the geo filter is the PSN Network when I boot up the PS4. 

6 minutes ago, SurvivorOf said:

I'm having the same issues except on the PS4. No servers for COD show up on the geo filter. I'm using v 2.3.2.66

When I use the heat map, one shows up. It's like all the servers disappeared. I get put in lobbies 100+

ping set to 0 for the area I want. When I connect to CoD online, no servers show up. All of my settings are set exactly how they were recommended by Fraser. The only thing that shows up on the geo filter is the PSN Network when I boot up the PS4. 

Also why does my DumaOS router keep changing to XR450?

• Administrators

Could you upgrade to the latest beta and factory reset and see whether it performs better then please?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0

What are you referring to, the DumaOS routers owned on your profile?

33 minutes ago, Netduma Fraser said:

Could you upgrade to the latest beta and factory reset and see whether it performs better then please?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4mwe5sx81gsc129/XR500-V2.3.2.114-DumaOS3.0.203.img?dl=0

What are you referring to, the DumaOS routers owned on your profile?

I have that beta. I takes all the good things away and is the same as the old one