Xr1000 congestion control bypassing?

Last night while running buffer bloat test via dsl reports, I noticed that the speeds I was setting weren’t always obeyed. In the past with both the R2 even the first FW w the Xr1000 I never had this issue. I have 550/900.

I like to test my BB at 520/500 but sometimes it dips even further down. So it will be 430/350 or something like that. Which means CC isn’t being obeyed. My pc is wired btw. (I’ve also tested via fast.com and Speedtest.net and get the same non-obeying speeds sometimes as well) 

im on the .52 Verison of the xr1000.

I recall a user saying the same thing about a WiFi device as well

Like Fraser mentioned one wants to be careful when allocating bandwidth in the flower.. Specially if its on application mode..

Can you explain what you mean about your TP rule? Not sure im following..

Thanks!

Zippy.

1 hour ago, fiefo said:

It’s on device mode....

And I’m not sure if he meant to delete TP rules or not

@Zippy

Okay Device mode should be fine. I do find having everything set even across the board is best..

Good catch on the TP rules.. Not sure if he meant to delete them or not.. Im not sure if they would effect bandwidth like that.. But wouldnt hurt to disable them and see if there is a change.. Ive not had alot of luck with TP.. So most of my gaming has been without using TP.. Even adding my own rules doesnt give me good results.. Or if it does it only works for a short time..

Hope the XR1000 is treating you well..

Zippy.

• Administrators

Yes I did mean you to remove the TP rule also - TP supersedes QoS so if for example you console was using bandwidth and could be given preference, thereby causing the device you're testing on to receive less speeds. It's just a precaution to see whether pure QoS is throttling. You'd know if it adhered to QoS as the speeds would reflect what was set.

1 hour ago, Netduma Fraser said:Yes I did mean you to remove the TP rule also - TP supersedes QoS so if for example you console was using bandwidth and could be given preference, thereby causing the device you're testing on to receive less speeds. It's just a precaution to see whether pure QoS is throttling. You'd know if it adhered to QoS as the speeds would reflect what was set.

Shouldn’t it be adhered regardless of Tp rules?