cold war hit detection xbox

m3gtr8

Hi, 

There doesn't seem to be a general agreement on what works for hit detection and shoot first die first/insta-death problems. 

After reading through the topics, I honestly got more confused. 

Anyone who has an xbox can share his duma settings/ports for cold war, please?

Thanks 

Do you have an Open NAT in game? 

How do you have your QoS and Geo-filter configured? Feel free to provide screenshots

I think the reason why there doesn't seem to be clear cut answer is because it varies user to user, depending on your environment and location.

3 minutes ago, Netduma Liam said:

How do you have your QoS and Geo-filter configured? Feel free to provide screenshots

I think the reason why there doesn't seem to be clear cut answer is because it varies user to user, depending on your environment and location.

yes, open NAT. 

I don't need QoS really as I have a 1 gigabit bandwith with a ping of 1-5ms according to speedtest. still I set 100% for gaming. 

Tried many Geo-filter settings, playing on local servers, nearby countries and distant locations. All the same. 

ping assist is 0. 

1 hour ago, m3gtr8 said:

yes, open NAT. 

I don't need QoS really as I have a 1 gigabit bandwith with a ping of 1-5ms according to speedtest. still I set 100% for gaming. 

Tried many Geo-filter settings, playing on local servers, nearby countries and distant locations. All the same. 

ping assist is 0. 

What do you mean by you set a 100% for gaming? Do you mean in the distribution flower?

Thanks!

Zippy.

4 hours ago, Netduma Liam said:

I think you may be correct .

One thing i can say is my connection is a thousand times better since i purchase the R2 and for that im happy.

Thanks dudes.

It is a tough one and there is lots of opinions and  info , I can share my set up which I have stuck to for over a week now and have lets say enjoyed the game more . The game itself has many challenges it needs to overcome  we should still be able to get some enjoyment out of it .... Okay try this 

Set up 

Xbox series x  /  Sky Fibre  DL 62 UL 18 ... Modem ( sky junk )   Router XR500 currently works same with R2 for me 

Xbox -  Manually change your port in the xbox network settings to 50199 ... more on that later 

Duma 

DMZ off   Port forwarding / triggering off   UPNP on

Sliders set to 95/95  

Duma port priority off .... set up your own port priority  in advanced    50199 - 50199  /   88 - 4500   (88 to 4500 is what CW uses with Xbox ) 

set bandwidth allocation for your xbox to  4 DL and 1 UL .   When you want to  game uncheck the share excess ( throttling )  then crank up the xbox 

With regards to port 50199 i did this to overcome a NAT issue previously had to get an open NAT .  It worked but I am convinced the game ran smoother , I want back to 3074 automatic as couple of times and changed the port priority to match and the game was not as smooth . I have no idea why that would make a difference but it did for me so now I keep 50199 .

Anyway the game for me set up like this is much more enjoyable I am not a skilled player just an average joe my KD ratio was 1.13 on this game (dont laugh ) but now over the past weeks data it’s gone up to 1.35. But most importantly i get good hit detection mostly .... not 100% dont think that will ever be the case with SBMM and the shady sh&T going on in the background  but I am enjoying COD again 

28 minutes ago, BL4CK OPS V3TRN said:

It is a tough one and there is lots of opinions and  info , I can share my set up which I have stuck to for over a week now and have lets say enjoyed the game more . The game itself has many challenges it needs to overcome  we should still be able to get some enjoyment out of it .... Okay try this 

Set up 

Xbox series x  /  Sky Fibre  DL 62 UL 18 ... Modem ( sky junk )   Router XR500 currently works same with R2 for me 

Xbox -  Manually change your port in the xbox network settings to 50199 ... more on that later 

Duma 

DMZ off   Port forwarding / triggering off   UPNP on

Sliders set to 95/95  

Duma port priority off .... set up your own port priority  in advanced    50199 - 50199  /   88 - 4500   (88 to 4500 is what CW uses with Xbox ) 

set bandwidth allocation for your xbox to  4 DL and 1 UL .   When you want to  game uncheck the share excess ( throttling )  then crank up the xbox 

With regards to port 50199 i did this to overcome a NAT issue previously had to get an open NAT .  It worked but I am convinced the game ran smoother , I want back to 3074 automatic as couple of times and changed the port priority to match and the game was not as smooth . I have no idea why that would make a difference but it did for me so now I keep 50199 .

Anyway the game for me set up like this is much more enjoyable I am not a skilled player just an average joe my KD ratio was 1.13 on this game (dont laugh ) but now over the past weeks data it’s gone up to 1.35. But most importantly i get good hit detection mostly .... not 100% dont think that will ever be the case with SBMM and the shady sh&T going on in the background  but I am enjoying COD again 

hey dude i just switched to xbox as cant find ps5 without paying £700 you want to team up?

13 hours ago, Zippy said:

What do you mean by you set a 100% for gaming? Do you mean in the distribution flower?

Thanks!

Zippy.

yes in the bandwidth allocation, distribution flower, I set 100% for gaming. even tried turning off all devices connected to the router except the xbox. no effect. 

13 hours ago, Netduma Fraser said:

What is the average ping you get to the game as shown by the Geo-Filter and what does the game show? 

It depends what you're doing on the network, what router are you using? 

R1, the game and the geo-filter have matching ping, most of the time is 27 to 30ms. 

6 hours ago, m3gtr8 said:

yes in the bandwidth allocation, distribution flower, I set 100% for gaming. even tried turning off all devices connected to the router except the xbox. no effect. 

You won't need that much bandwidth for gaming anyway, plus if you have Share Excess enabled other devices on the network will likely still have connectivity.

5 hours ago, m3gtr8 said:

R1, the game and the geo-filter have matching ping, most of the time is 27 to 30ms. 

That's pretty good to be fair! If you go to Ping Heatmap, just quickly check what server gives you the best ping and see if that will be included in your search.

19 hours ago, m3gtr8 said:

Okay thanks! One would never want to set it to a 100%.. The reason I asked also is because if your game isnt picked up as gaming then when you increase your bandwidth like that it will produce more of a negative effect because its likely taking away from another category..  Let me explain this a bit more..

Heres what I noticed when using my xbox.. When I power up my xbox and even when playing a game all traffic is Uncategorized for me.. Meaning even my gaming is actually not gaming but its Uncategorized.. Bandwidth distribution by application represents this.. So in my case and possible your case when you start to give more bandwidth to your Gaming like you did you could be actually taking it away if your traffic is Uncategorized like mine.. In fact all my traffic when my Xbox is powered up is Uncategorized.. The only time I get anything else Is when I start a party chat.. Which then my party chat falls under Web General.. And my gaming then still stays and shows under Uncategorized.. So one would definitely want to be care full when adding more bandwidth by application until one knows what traffic is what or being picked up as... Then one could fine tune from there.. 

Hopefully this makes sense and is not confusing..  Ive dug into this for sometime and have noticed this over and over..

Liam is also correct by saying one doesnt need alot of bandwidth for gaming.. That is very true.. The key is to make sure one knows what your Gaming is falling under in the Distribution Flower by application..

Zippy.

Someone suggested switching to wifi and limiting upload and download speeds. I can't believe it but it actually works!!!!!

Whilst bullet registration is not significantly better. It seems to fix the instant death and the enemies seeing me before I'm actually there.