Geo filter for Halo 5

Ok so i have had this router for over a year and i must say i have had enough with the geo filter always saying I'm in the USA when I'm actually in UK! i know its me because the ping is my local of 20ms so i always just allow to the list but i have had enough because you always have to do it and it's temperamental can we just fix this somehow not what i was expecting from a gaming router at this price point! its a bit teadious having to do it all the time getting kicked and friends just having to wait.

You could try flushing the cloud that might help.. But its more likely that Netduma needs to update the cloud for that game.. As there are a few miss located servers for it..

Zippy.

I'm using the XR1000 for Halo with Geo Filter and is working ok.  The only issue is that when I resume the game from turning off the console, games don't load in a couple of minutes.  I have found that you can restart the game (with the dashboard quit function) and then try with the customs game to see if it works.  Once it works on the customs, I have no problem anymore, and I always get an European server (I live in Spain).   I have had to add a few servers in the US and Australia that where mislocated but even those with ping assist at 55 ms where working fine...  So I recommend you take a look at the config because the router does work with Halo 5...

I hope there is good support for Halo Infinite!!

5 hours ago, One go said:

I'm using the XR1000 for Halo with Geo Filter and is working ok.  The only issue is that when I resume the game from turning off the console, games don't load in a couple of minutes.  I have found that you can restart the game (with the dashboard quit function) and then try with the customs game to see if it works.  Once it works on the customs, I have no problem anymore, and I always get an European server (I live in Spain).   I have had to add a few servers in the US and Australia that where mislocated but even those with ping assist at 55 ms where working fine...  So I recommend you take a look at the config because the router does work with Halo 5...

So you're unable to find a game regularly until you start a custom game?

Does this issue still occur if you disable Geo-filter?

• Administrators
9 hours ago, One go said:

What settings are you using for Halo? The OP can then try to replicate them

On 2/2/2021 at 8:48 AM, Rickyrocks said:

Ok so i have had this router for over a year and i must say i have had enough with the geo filter always saying I'm in the USA when I'm actually in UK! i know its me because the ping is my local of 20ms so i always just allow to the list but i have had enough because you always have to do it and it's temperamental can we just fix this somehow not what i was expecting from a gaming router at this price point! its a bit teadious having to do it all the time getting kicked and friends just having to wait.

I have the same issue though not quite as severe. It says I am located in Texas when really I am in NC. Is this because of Dynamic ISP? If so you could create a static IP and see if that puts your location where youre supposed to be? 

• Administrators

The Geo-Filter does not place you where you are located, you need to adjust the home location yourself to where you live. Then the Geo-Filter can be more accurate and you can force servers closer to where you live. If that's not what you mean then please elaborate.

There are only 2 servers we use for EU HALO % 1 is Netherlands the other is Ireland . I was thinking maybe mac reservation might fix i am also running static with my ISP and Device. i will let you know Frazer unless you know a fix to this problem thats been around for a while now! cheers

On 2/2/2021 at 3:21 PM, Zippy said:

You could try flushing the cloud that might help.. But its more likely that Netduma needs to update the cloud for that game.. As there are a few miss located servers for it..

Zippy.

I feel this is more the case i have flushed cloud but its not that its Location server not been assigned or updated etc. what do i do to sort this out guys do you need location lol.

No its when i am about to get booted when i am trying to join a game . The only way i know how to add a device is in GEO Filter at top Add Device this is the screenshot614723990_ScreenShot2021-02-06at00_12_42.thumb.png.a60d795b8668d11b07406d3cf1685c61.png

The only way it works is if i allow myself to the list twice!

I have a Statice ip on device and isp and have made a reservation and still my location is in USA TEXAS ARARARRARARARARAR 

Flushed cloud cleared all catches and done a reset on my series x lol and still no luck do you need the location details or what lolololl

I have to reset this router all the time its a joke ...

do i need to use respond to ping?

When i am in a game its either a dedicated squad box that large or sometimes its just me in peer.

2010649623_ScreenShot2021-02-05at20_27_57.thumb.png.ddb5de2d556b05f6f3439af783227fb9.png

• Administrators
13 hours ago, Rickyrocks said:

No its when i am about to get booted when i am trying to join a game . The only way i know how to add a device is in GEO Filter at top Add Device this is the screenshot

The only way it works is if i allow myself to the list twice!

I have a Statice ip on device and isp and have made a reservation and still my location is in USA TEXAS ARARARRARARARARAR 

Flushed cloud cleared all catches and done a reset on my series x lol and still no luck do you need the location details or what lolololl

I have to reset this router all the time its a joke ...

do i need to use respond to ping?

When i am in a game its either a dedicated squad box that large or sometimes its just me in peer.

2010649623_ScreenShot2021-02-05at20_27_57.thumb.png.ddb5de2d556b05f6f3439af783227fb9.png

Okay that could be a server needed for online play, what happens if you allow that? You yourself do not appear on the Geo-Filter map so whatever you're allowing isn't you, it may be needed to play the game. Okay so that last screenshot it appears to be working as expected.

18 hours ago, Rickyrocks said:

1376800445_ScreenShot2021-02-05at21_21_53.thumb.png.4cfc958892afb4fe4d949d2969e1cac4.png

Hi!  I had this issue with Halo 5 as well some time ago...  But the triangle with the user icon is not yourself, it is a peer connection... I solved this by adding a small square poligon to permit this area.  These are mislocated servers used for party chat or game chat, which the router detects as peer servers, but really are dedicated for VoIP...

When I had the XR500 that doesn't allow Polygon mode, what I did was allow the servers that appeared there, but since there are many (I imagine they are a farm with a /24 or more), new ones kept appearing, the I would get kick out of the game...   So I switched to the XR1000 and problem solved!  Also ping assist might work as well...  I have it set to 55 for these issues...

Screenshot 2021-02-06 at 16.48.19.png

• Administrators

You can upgrade to the beta for the XR500 so you have polygon mode https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Pro-Gaming-DumaOS-3-0/New-Firmware-v2-3-2-108-XR500/td-p/2014592/jump-to/first-unread-message you can't exchange one router for another.

Id do what Fraser says and upgrade to the beta so you have the polygon feature.. That should work for you.. That server in Texas is likely just an authenticating server.. Ive notice at these type of servers this is also where one gets a Teredo Ip address assigned to them..

One way to check this is when just sitting in the lobby of H5 without playing a game go into your Xbox network settings and test your NAT.. When that NAT test is being performed you should see a server pop up while the test is performing.. Its likely going to be that server in Texas..  That will at least let you know what that server is and pertains too..

Thanks!

Zippy.

Cant wait for Halo Infinite!